Author Topic: Report: Obama Was Rude and Hostile During Phone Call With Netanyahu  (Read 2106 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://jpupdates.com/2014/07/29/report-obama-was-rude-and-hostile-during-phone-call-with-netanyahu/

Report: Obama Was Rude and Hostile During Phone Call With Netanyahu
Today  1:48 PM by Jacob Kornbluh

The conversation between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and President Barack Obama was tense and tough, according to a report on Channel 1 Tuesday evening.

Based on a transcript of the conversation, obtained by Israel’s channel 1, Obama “behaved in a rude, condescending and hostile manner,” the network’s foreign correspondent concluded.

During the 35-minute conversation on Sunday, the president reportedly demanded that Israel should immediately and unconditionally end the operation.

When Netanyahu asked what Israel would get in return for unilaterally ending the strikes, Obama replied: “I believe Hamas will stop firing rockets – quiet in return for quiet.” To which Netanyahu responded that Hamas has already violated 5 cease-fires and is committed to the destruction of Israel.

“I repeat and expect Israel to stop all of its actions against Hamas in Gaza,” Obama said. He added that despite Netanyahu’s objections the United States trusts Qatar and Turkey’s mediation. “Israel is not in a situation that it can choose its mediators,” the president told his Israeli counterpart.

Netanyahu in response: “Hamas will continue firing rockets on Israel and use their tunnels to attack our people.”

At this point, Obama interrupted the Israeli leader, stating, “the ball is in Israel’s court, and it must end all military activities.”

UPDATE 15:00: The State Department spokesperson told BBC reporter Paul Danahar that if President Obama’s conversation with Prime Minister Netanyahu was indeed leaked to Israel’s Channel 1, it would be a “severe violation of a private discussion.”

UPDATE 15:20: NSC Spokesperson Meehan says Channel 1′S report of transcript of Obama-Netanyahu conversation “don’t bear any resemblance to reality.. Shocking that someone would sink to misrepresenting private conversations between PM and POTUS in fabrications in Israeli press.” [via @ChemiShalev]
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Report: Obama Was Rude and Hostile During Phone Call With Netanyahu
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »
Or what, Barack?    Stop...or what?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:29:06 pm »
curious.  where did this "transcript" come from?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:35:12 pm »

Netanyahu's staff??  Obama doesn't control both ends of that phone line and Obama/Kerry have been playing Israel and Netanyahu for idiots for far too long.  This is what you have an Intelligence service for...leaking this to the Israeli press is far too easy, and they are making it clear that Obama is no friend of Israel. 

I think this sounds all too much in character with Obama, and it is exactly like him to take that kind of arrogant tone with the Israeli PM.  Obama thinks that all he need do is say something and the world is going to respond and make it so.  He also is incredibly bull headed about demanding to see the world the way he wants it instead of how things really are.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 07:35:55 pm by Chieftain »

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »
Netanyahu's staff??  Obama doesn't control both ends of that phone line and Obama/Kerry have been playing Israel and Netanyahu for idiots for far too long.  This is what you have an Intelligence service for...leaking this to the Israeli press is far too easy, and they are making it clear that Obama is no friend of Israel. 

I think this sounds all too much in character with Obama, and it is exactly like him to take that kind of arrogant tone with the Israeli PM.  Obama thinks that all he need do is say something and the world is going to respond and make it so.  He also is incredibly bull headed about demanding to see the world the way he wants it instead of how things really are.

except that it appears the "transcript" may not actually be a transcript.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »

Both the President's office and the PM's office have said this is a "fabrication".  Never happened.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:00:42 pm »
never happened

not the first time i have heard that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:13:04 pm »
US Ambassador: Tape of 'Obama-Netanyahu Conversation' Fabricated

US, Israeli PM rush to reject the authenticity of a recording claimed to be of Obama trying to force an unfavorable ceasefire on Israel.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183496#.U9gNnVYmWao
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »
OK.  Sure.  Never happened.

Honest.

:smokin:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 09:36:30 pm »
Let us hear the audio.  I would like to hear how good these shysters are at impersonating the president and the Israeli prime minister.  I wonder if anyone will be arrested for pepetrating this fraud?  /s

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 01:04:12 am »
From the article:
[[ NSC Spokesperson Meehan says Channel 1′S report of transcript of Obama-Netanyahu conversation “don’t bear any resemblance to reality...]]

I will accept the Israeli reporting's view of "reality" over that of Obama's "spokesperson".

Hands down.
No contest.
Forgeddaboutit...

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 11:34:58 am »
Obama “behaved in a rude, condescending and hostile manner,” the network’s foreign correspondent concluded.

Not for nothing, but if the correspondent's conclusion is correct, so what?  Has Netanyahu such delicate sensitivities that he cannot bear to hear something he doesn't like?

This was a private conversation, not public. It was exactly where such disagreements should be aired.  And it's not the only time Netanyahu has had a "hostile" conversation with a Western leader.   I can't help but wonder what the foreign correspondent would conclude of the conversation between Merkel and Netanyahu about continued settlement building during the "peace negotiations" that ended in a screaming match and hang-up.

The stark, cold reality is:  when Israel accepts the level and type of financial and military support given from the US for 67 years, like it or not, they have provided a seat for the US at the decision-making table. As the recipient of such generosity and support, the onus is on Israel to respect that relationship even when they do not receive a rubber stamp of approval.  Back rooms were built for such disagreements, not the press and television cameras--where Israel's representatives have been ridiculing and fighting with the US for over a year.

I understand the overwhelming support for Israel's efforts in this "action" and the deep dislike of Obama.  I also understand the deep, mutual distain between the two men on that phone call.  But why do we support one expectation when the United States speaks to or of Israel/Netanyahu but none at all the other way around?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 11:48:03 am »
Not for nothing, but if the correspondent's conclusion is correct, so what?  Has Netanyahu such delicate sensitivities that he cannot bear to hear something he doesn't like?

This was a private conversation, not public. It was exactly where such disagreements should be aired.  And it's not the only time Netanyahu has had a "hostile" conversation with a Western leader.   I can't help but wonder what the foreign correspondent would conclude of the conversation between Merkel and Netanyahu about continued settlement building during the "peace negotiations" that ended in a screaming match and hang-up.

The stark, cold reality is:  when Israel accepts the level and type of financial and military support given from the US for 67 years, like it or not, they have provided a seat for the US at the decision-making table. As the recipient of such generosity and support, the onus is on Israel to respect that relationship even when they do not receive a rubber stamp of approval.  Back rooms were built for such disagreements, not the press and television cameras--where Israel's representatives have been ridiculing and fighting with the US for over a year.

I understand the overwhelming support for Israel's efforts in this "action" and the deep dislike of Obama.  I also understand the deep, mutual distain between the two men on that phone call.  But why do we support one expectation when the United States speaks to or of Israel/Netanyahu but none at all the other way around?

The salient point here is not the hostility, necessarily, but the administration's PR surrounding it.  Is the "most transparent in history" administration lying about the tape?  If so, did some impersonators actually make such a tape and then a senior administration official handed it to the press?  And why isn't there any follow-up?  By anyone?  Either in the FBI or the MSM?

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 12:00:04 pm »
The salient point here is not the hostility, necessarily, but the administration's PR surrounding it.  Is the "most transparent in history" administration lying about the tape?  If so, did some impersonators actually make such a tape and then a senior administration official handed it to the press?  And why isn't there any follow-up?  By anyone?  Either in the FBI or the MSM?

Let's go with your "salient" point (although I do not agree with it).  What of Israel's "transparency"?  Are they lying about the tape?  After all, they too denied it.  And forget the FBI, where the heck is Mossad?!

No, my friend, this is not about the Obama administration's transparency.  This story damages Obama.  Do you really think a senior Obama administration would set this up?  Seriously.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:49 pm »
Let's go with your "salient" point (although I do not agree with it).  What of Israel's "transparency"?  Are they lying about the tape?  After all, they too denied it.  And forget the FBI, where the heck is Mossad?!

No, my friend, this is not about the Obama administration's transparency.  This story damages Obama.  Do you really think a senior Obama administration would set this up?  Seriously.

I think they thought it would help improve OPapaDoc's indecisive, dithering image and that is why they released it.  Also, they want to send the message to the Sunni world that OPapaDoc is really on their side.  So, yes, it was intentional.  And then denying it was also intentional, so that they could limit the damage with Israel-supporting Americans.

I also think that Kerry's "open mic" thing on Fox was staged and intentional.

There are two realities here.  They want the American public to believe one reality, and they want the Arab world to believe another reality.  So they give both worlds a version of the "truth" and both can believe the version that corresponds with their bias while no one checks into what actually happened.

It is the American people who are being lied to, because in all likelihood the tape is genuine.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:11:47 pm by massadvj »

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »
I think they thought it would help improve OPapaDoc's indecisive, dithering image and that is why they released it.  Also, they want to send the message to the Sunni world that OPapaDoc is really on their side.  So, yes, it was intentional.  And then denying it was also intentional, so that they could limit the damage with Israel-supporting Americans. . . ./

It is the American people who are being lied to, because in all likelihood the tape is genuine.

Are you calling for an investigation of the tape?  If so, would it not turn attention away from the actual war and further chip away at America's voice in the peace process?  Who benefits from this?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 12:29:06 pm »
Are you calling for an investigation of the tape?  If so, would it not turn attention away from the actual war and further chip away at America's voice in the peace process?  Who benefits from this?

Just asking, RIV...

Why do you seem to be an Obama apologist here, giving them any benefit of a doubt?   Where does the anti-Israel sentiment come from?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 12:29:47 pm »

There is nothing, repeat, nothing that the Obama administration wouldn't do, including setting up this tape.
The possibility that it might be damaging to Bambi just points out how arrogant and ignorant they are.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 01:21:22 pm »

/snicker

Sorry, but that's about the only response you really deserve.  I wasn't aware that Israel was back in bondage to latter-day Egyptians resident in the White House, and I wasn't aware that "aid" to Israel wasn't really aid but rather the price of purchasing that bondage.

But then I suppose liberals really are into plantations and slaves; after all, witness how effectively they've kept blacks downtrodden and compliant on the mental plantation they've constructed - and to add insult to injury, they've constructed that plantation at taxpayers' expense.

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 03:58:26 pm »
Just asking, RIV...

Why do you seem to be an Obama apologist here, giving them any benefit of a doubt?   Where does the anti-Israel sentiment come from?

I'm not an Obama apologist.  But I've never understood why we support one expectation when the United States speaks to or of Israel/Netanyahu but none at all the other way around?

And my question does not apply to the Obama administration (especially) but to every administration I can remember in my lifetime.

I do not have an anti-Israel sentiment.  I view Israel as a nation state with the same rights as any other nation state.  I passionately defend them when I think their political decisions are in the best interests of Israel and the global community in which they live.  However,  I (less passionately, to be sure) will question and/or disagree with Israel's direction if I don't see the long-term success or if I don't quite believe what they're telling me.

I cringe at the "anti-Israel" question--although you did ask it very gently (thanks for that).  But I truly have never understood the "Israel can do no wrong" and "Israel first, USA second" responses. And I've heard them throughout my life.

Why is the State of Israel and her leaders ALWAYS above reproach?

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 04:23:24 pm »
I'm not an Obama apologist.  But I've never understood why we support one expectation when the United States speaks to or of Israel/Netanyahu but none at all the other way around?

And my question does not apply to the Obama administration (especially) but to every administration I can remember in my lifetime.

I do not have an anti-Israel sentiment.  I view Israel as a nation state with the same rights as any other nation state.  I passionately defend them when I think their political decisions are in the best interests of Israel and the global community in which they live.  However,  I (less passionately, to be sure) will question and/or disagree with Israel's direction if I don't see the long-term success or if I don't quite believe what they're telling me.

I cringe at the "anti-Israel" question--although you did ask it very gently (thanks for that).  But I truly have never understood the "Israel can do no wrong" and "Israel first, USA second" responses. And I've heard them throughout my life.

As to the moral ground, right now Israel occupies higher ground than the US at this point, not the least because the US is effectively siding with those who occupy the moral gutters.  Israel is not above reproach, but its failings pale into insignificance compared to those of Hamas/the Palestinians, and one normally gives a little more leeway to a people who are fighting to stop unprovoked attacks on their own civilians by terrorists, terrorists who, along with a broad swath of the world's populace, wish to see Israel - and all Jews - wiped off the face of the Earth.  Witness the joint protests by pro-palestinians and neo-nazi groups in Europe.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:15 pm »

That would be a good topic for discussion...
Support the USO

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 04:57:25 pm »

/snicker

Sorry, but that's about the only response you really deserve. 

No it's not.  In the world of grownups this is where discussion would begin.  Your veiled and not-so-veiled insults and ridicule would often cause me to ask if your knee hurts when it jerks like that.   But, gratefully, I've outgrown that.   ^-^

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 04:58:15 pm »
That would be a good topic for discussion...

Agree.

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 04:58:31 pm »
No it's not.  In the world of grownups this is where discussion would begin.  Your veiled and not-so-veiled insults and ridicule would often cause me to ask if your knee hurts when it jerks like that.   But, gratefully, I've outgrown that.   ^-^

As you wish.