Author Topic: Obama’s ‘Religious Freedom Ambassador’ Doesn’t Support Religious Freedom  (Read 441 times)

rangerrebew

- The PJ Tatler - http://pjmedia.com/tatler -

Obama’s ‘Religious Freedom Ambassador’ Doesn’t Support Religious Freedom

Posted By Bryan Preston On July 28, 2014 @ 1:41 pm In Politics,Religion | 11 Comments

I’m unable to feign surprise at LifeNews’ story about the latest from the provocateur in chief.

President Barack Obama has nominated a new “Religious Freedom Ambassador,” but his nominee opposes protecting the religious freedoms of the owners of Hobby Lobby, who don’t want to be forced to pay for drugs for their employees that cause abortions.

Obama announced that he will nominate Rabbi David Nathan Saperstein as Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom at the State Department. Saperstein is a longtime pro-abortion advocate whose group has opposed pro-life legislation.

Secretary of John Kerry also introduced him at a press briefing late Monday morning, saying that religious freedom is an “integral part of our global diplomatic engagement.”

However, Saperstein is strongly opposed to the Supreme Court’s decision protecting Hobby Lobby’s religious freedoms and, in an interview, Saperstein called the decision “deeply troubling.”

The Hobby Lobby case turned on whether owners of closely held corporations can object to government forcing them provide four drugs deemed to cause abortions, against their religious beliefs. Sapperstein believes that the government does have that right and can force family business owners to have to choose between their livelihoods and their faith.

Article printed from The PJ Tatler: http://pjmedia.com/tatler

URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/07/28/obamas-religious-freedom-ambassador-doesnt-support-religious-freedom/

Offline andy58-in-nh

Another fox in the chicken coop.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

I agree with the writer.

No surprise that this pro-death, anti-Christian administration would appoint someone to this post who doesn't actually believe in religious freedom....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

I'm surprised this little plum of a job wasn't given to Bill Ayers, the man who Obama "vaguely" :whistle: knew.