Author Topic: White House: Israel has ‘no stronger defender’ than John Kerry  (Read 568 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/policy/international/213510-white-house-defends-kerrys-cease-fire-efforts

White House: Israel has ‘no stronger defender’ than John Kerry

By Rebecca Shabad - 07/28/14 02:04 PM EDT

The White House on Monday defended Secretary of State John Kerry, after charges in Israeli media that he was “capitulating” to Hamas in talks to broker a cease-fire in the Mideast.

"Israel has no better friend, no stronger defender” than Kerry, deputy national security adviser Tony Blinken said at the White House.

He added that “no one has done more” for lasting peace.

Reports over the weekend, including one from The Times of Israel, quoted anonymous Israeli sources accusing Kerry of giving into Hamas’s demands.

“What was leaked, unfortunately, I think was misinformed, or an effort to misinform,” Blinken said about the reported cease-fire terms.

Israel rejected a draft cease-fire proposal that was reportedly in the works on Friday as Kerry worked to negotiate a deal in Cairo, Egypt.

Blinken explained the leaked proposal was not sponsored by the U.S., but instead was a “discussion paper based on... [an] original Egyptian initiative” unveiled in mid-July.

Israel had agreed to that original Egyptian cease-fire proposal earlier this month but Hamas rejected the offer, leading to more violence.

The United Nations Security Council late Sunday approved a resolution urging a humanitarian cease-fire, but Hamas fired rockets into Israel on Monday.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly said Monday that his country is prepared for a prolonged operation to destroy Hamas-built tunnels from Gaza into Israel.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Well sure white house. you always tell the truth. That is all you have done daily for  6 years is  spew the truth to all of us.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well, Israel's been accused of many things during the 67 years it's been in existence.  Some true, some not.

This latest trashing of the US government--in public--when in most need of her support--is a good example of why no one has ever accused Israel's leadership and spokespeople of being diplomatic.

Oceander

Well, Israel's been accused of many things during the 67 years it's been in existence.  Some true, some not.

This latest trashing of the US government--in public--when in most need of her support--is a good example of why no one has ever accused Israel's leadership and spokespeople of being diplomatic.

I rather think the time for the delicacies of diplomacy is over.  If nothing else Kerry made that abundantly clear when he promised Hamas to sell Israel down the river.

Offline xfreeper

"Israel has no better friend, no stronger defender” than Kerry, deputy national security adviser Tony Blinken said at the White House.

Israel knows better than to believe this about this POTUS and this administartion. It's been the official line since plugs first uttered it about zero in the original WH campaign and has continued for 1 and a half terems. Thankfully, Israel isn't buying it.

I rather think the time for the delicacies of diplomacy is over.  If nothing else Kerry made that abundantly clear when he promised Hamas to sell Israel down the river.

How is Israel being sold down the river?  My understanding is Kerry and the US are insisting on two provisions very important to the Israelis:  the removal of the tunnels and the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip. 

Have a missed an update or a another memo?? 

Oceander

How is Israel being sold down the river?  My understanding is Kerry and the US are insisting on two provisions very important to the Israelis:  the removal of the tunnels and the demilitarization of the Gaza Strip. 

Have a missed an update or a another memo?? 

Then they've changed their tune, because that wasn't what I understood was on offer from the sh*thead in the White House earlier.

That being said, I still say there is no further point in Israel playing diplomatic footsie with the US anymore.  The US has no real power for the time being - Obuttocks has frittered that away - and Obuttocks is certainly not going to send Israel any lethal aid should that become necessary.

Obuttocks and Kerry are really just stringing Israel along because if Israel takes the bait, then Obuttocks and Kerry get to claim that they brokered a peace deal, even though that peace deal will fall apart sooner rather than later when the Palestinians break it, as they've broken every other agreement before.

Right now Israel needs the US like it needs a hole in the head.

I still say there is no further point in Israel playing diplomatic footsie with the US anymore.

Interesting.  Are you suggesting that Israel cut out the US from their political, military strategies?  Do you envision this being across the board?