Author Topic: Bracing for Amnesty  (Read 1438 times)

Offline flowers

Bracing for Amnesty
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/matthew-vadum/bracing-for-amnesty-2/?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bracing-for-amnesty-2

Amnesty is coming — big time.

Americans need to brace themselves for a huge new wave of Obama-led lawlessness because the president is planning what a top schemer in the White House calls a “very significant” executive action on immigration after the summer.

Undoubtedly this means some kind of amnesty for illegal aliens is in the works over and above what Obama has already done, the Constitution and public fury notwithstanding.

Obama’s “planned executive orders” would give legal status “to another 5–6 million illegal immigrants,” said Sen. Jeff Sessions, (R-Alabama). “This would effectively end immigration enforcement in America.”

Leftist congressman Luis Gutiérrez (D-Ill.) boasted Friday that the Obama administration could unilaterally provide legal status to as many as 5 million illegals. The lawmaker said he planned to meet with White House officials “to negotiate additional terms and avenues the president can use” through executive action.

“I think we can get 3 or 4, maybe even 5 million people,” Gutiérrez said.

The news comes as Americans grow increasingly angry over the border crisis that has been staged and carefully choreographed by the far-left levelers of the Obama administration. Flames of discontent are flickering even in places like Lynn, Massachusetts, long a Democratic Party bastion, as local residents grow weary of the seemingly unending influx of illegal aliens that they are hard-pressed to feed, house, and clothe. As many as an estimated 10,000 people protested illegal immigration outside the Massachusetts legislature in Boston over the weekend.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Bracing for Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:20:43 pm »
Again, let us hope there are several State Attorneys General who are prepared to immediately file suit in Federal Court, and request an immediate restraining order suspending this Executive Order, until such time as the courts can rule on it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »
Roll me over ...in the clover...

B O H I C A
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:42:48 pm »
Again, let us hope there are several State Attorneys General who are prepared to immediately file suit in Federal Court, and request an immediate restraining order suspending this Executive Order, until such time as the courts can rule on it.
We can hope. I seriously doubt it now.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »

That is the only place a challenge will come from. The Washington political elite, both parties, need amnesty.
Obamacare was the template. The political elite can be confident that they can ram almost anything down the public's throat without backlash. And when the amnesty happens, the Republicans will be left wondering why they didn't win in the landslide they expected in November.

To Hell with all of them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 02:29:43 am »
Chieftan wrote above:
[[ Again, let us hope there are several State Attorneys General who are prepared to immediately file suit in Federal Court, and request an immediate restraining order suspending this Executive Order, until such time as the courts can rule on it. ]]

And flowers replied:
[[ We can hope. I seriously doubt it now. ]]

Keep on dreaming guys.

I just posted in another thread, and will repeat here:
==============================================
There is no way for the Congress to "force" the president to "enforce existing laws" other than the single method as provided for in the Constitution. Go ahead and sue him if you want. Pile up favorable Court opinions as high as the Capitol, and see where that gets you. Ultimately, if the president chooses to ignore those opinions, you lose.

You can read about that "single method" in Article II, Sections 2 and 4.

Other than doing it that way, forgeddaboutit...

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 02:36:29 am »
Chieftan wrote above:
[[ Again, let us hope there are several State Attorneys General who are prepared to immediately file suit in Federal Court, and request an immediate restraining order suspending this Executive Order, until such time as the courts can rule on it. ]]

And flowers replied:
[[ We can hope. I seriously doubt it now. ]]

Keep on dreaming guys.

I just posted in another thread, and will repeat here:
==============================================
There is no way for the Congress to "force" the president to "enforce existing laws" other than the single method as provided for in the Constitution. Go ahead and sue him if you want. Pile up favorable Court opinions as high as the Capitol, and see where that gets you. Ultimately, if the president chooses to ignore those opinions, you lose.

You can read about that "single method" in Article II, Sections 2 and 4.

Other than doing it that way, forgeddaboutit...

The lawzoot is nothing but grandstanding and a feeble attempt on Boner's part to act like he's doing something.
He's a national disgrace.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.