Author Topic: What Obama has to gain by being impeached  (Read 905 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Obama has to gain by being impeached
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:31:49 pm »
http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/what-obama-has-to-gain-by-being-impeached/print/

What Obama has to gain by being impeached

Posted By Drew Zahn On 07/27/2014

After one, first-hand look at the immigration crisis at the U.S. border with Mexico, U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, commented, “President Obama is begging to be impeached.”

It turns out, he’s not the only the congressman thinking the same thing.

As WND reported, Stockman theorized, “He wants us to impeach him now, before the midterm election because his senior advisers believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat. Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote.”

Similar comments were made by former U.S. Rep. Ernest Istook, R-Okla., in an editorial in the Washington Times Friday, in which the now Heritage Foundation fellow argued, “Obama wants to be impeached.”

“President Obama insists on flirting with impeachment even as House Republican leaders insist there’s no such possibility,” Istook wrote. “Already operating beyond the constitutional bounds of presidential power, Mr. Obama’s strategy is to push the bounds further rather than pulling back. He dares political foes to make his day.”

Istook also suggested Obama believes impeachment talk is a political boon to his party’s chances in the election later this year.

“Secure in the knowledge that impeachment is not the same as removal from office, Mr. Obama brings up the topic on his own and with bold defiance. Martyrdom goes well with a Messiah complex and Mr. Obama’s speeches are a non-stop litany of depicting himself as a victim of Republicans,” Istook continued, “Impeachment would be his crowning badge of victimhood, the ultimate symbol to rally his base, asking that they protect him by guaranteeing a Democrat majority in the U.S. Senate.”

Rep. John Duncan, R-Tenn., has also said he worries impeachment could backfire on Republicans.

“Every political analyst, almost, that’s really looked at this … has said that nothing would fire up the base of the Democrats more than an impeachment action, and also perhaps more importantly that it would turn off some of the independents who are right now leaning our way, ” Duncan said. “If you want to help the Democrats keep control of the Senate, this would be one way to do it, to start impeachment action.”

Like Istook, U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., has also suggested Obama’s camp may be generating the “impeachment” talk as an intentional rallying cry.

“You know this might be the first White House in history that is trying to start narrative of impeaching its own president,” Scalise told “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace.

“The White House wants to talk about impeachment; they want to go out and fundraise off of that,” Scalise added.

True to Scalise’s accusations, the Democrats in the House immediately put out a reaction press release touting Scalise’s mention of the “I-word.”

“The fact that the third-highest-ranking Republican in the House is refusing to rule out impeachment offers a stunning view of the extreme measures this Republican Congress will take to push their reckless partisan agenda,” asserted Rep. Steve Israel, D-N.Y, according to The Hill. “Republicans will spend the final week before their summer vacation plotting their lawsuit against the President, and now Scalise just made it clear that impeachment is absolutely on the table for House Republicans.”

The Washington Post further discovered that after Sarah Palin penned a July 8 op-ed on Breitbart.com suggesting Obama be impeached, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, or DCCC, sent two fundraising e-mails within 24 hours and raised $500,000 over the next four days.

“Republicans are drastically overreaching with their lawsuit and impeachment talk, and the result has been a massive surge of enthusiasm from our grass-roots supporters,” said Rep. Israel, who also serves as the DCCC chairman. “A stark contrast has developed between Republicans’ focus on suing or impeaching the president and Democrats’ focus on strengthening the economy for the middle class.”

Justin Barasky, a spokesman for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee also chimed in, “Republican Senate candidates who legitimize impeachment talk not only motivate donors, but they reinforce just how out of touch they are and how much they’re focused on partisan political battles instead of helping their states.”

Historical precedent suggests the Democrats may be on to something. No president has ever been successfully removed from office through impeachment, and after the last attempted ouster – of Bill Clinton in 1998 – the president’s party picked up five seats in the House and held ground in the Senate, a rarity for a second-term president. The Post quotes several scholars suggesting the reason was particularly minority voters coming out in defense of the impeached president.

Nonetheless, recent polls indicate a majority of Republican voters support impeachment, and the GOP is warning there comes a point when a president can go too far.

Andrea Bozek, communications director for the National Republican Congressional Committee, told the Post, “If Democrats think the president’s blatant disregard for the Constitution is a reason to celebrate, they’re even more out of touch than we thought.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: What Obama has to gain by being impeached
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:23:07 pm »
Obama would wear 'impeachment' as a royal crown. He would love it and is currently begging  for it.

Impeachment would solidify Obama's status as a victim while also handing him an ready made excuse for all of his abjectly disasterous policies.

"I, I, I, tried.
I, I, I, tried to work with the Republicans.

And, an, an,  an, what did they do? They impeached me! Can you believe that?
They impeached me for trying to do my job!

Its on them now. I am out of it. I'm impeached."

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 05:09:35 pm »
Obama would wear 'impeachment' as a royal crown. He would love it and is currently begging  for it.

Impeachment would solidify Obama's status as a victim while also handing him an ready made excuse for all of his abjectly disasterous policies.

"I, I, I, tried.

exactly

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:15:53 pm »

"I, I, I, tried.

Ditto to all that. I'm sure they are praying for it and they have an entire media blitz ready to go at a moment's notice. They will spin it as solidifying that the right is racist, hates the poor and those who want to help, are hateful, and eat puppies.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 05:17:22 pm »
Ditto to all that. I'm sure they are praying for it and they have an entire media blitz ready to go at a moment's notice. They will spin it as solidifying that the right is racist, hates the poor and those who want to help, are hateful, and eat puppies.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 05:28:23 pm »
BTW, guys, I am picking up chatter from various sources that the Democrats are so desperate for impeachment, that they [the Democrats] are actually thinking about doing it themselves. They know that their MSM media slaves will dutifully report their alternate reality reports, that somehow even though the Democrats did it, it is really the fault of those evil Republicans.

Apparently this plan is being supported by the White House.

This only goes to show how desperate they are for something/anything to change the current trends.

What if Obama came out with another one of his cookie cutter speeches and said,
"We can't afford to wait for the Republicans. Therefore, I am going to use my phone and my pen, and I am going to impeach myself. We can't afford to sit around and wait."  LOL
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 05:33:22 pm »

"I, I, I, tried.

It would certainly play to the man's outsized sense of entitlement and penchant for self-pity.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 05:37:05 pm »
It would prove to the 'everything is about racism' Eric Holder/Sharpton types that Obama has been persecuted and sabotaged the whole time.

That is what the Dems and their media slaves are prepping for.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 05:44:22 pm »
It would prove to the 'everything is about racism' Eric Holder/Sharpton types that Obama has been persecuted and sabotaged the whole time.

That is what the Dems and their media slaves are prepping for.

What they are really preparing for is Obama's amnesty declaration, after which he will dare the Republicans to impeach him so that the Democrats can use any such effort as a wedge issue in the fall elections.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline speekinout

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 12:18:53 am »
BTW, guys, I am picking up chatter from various sources that the Democrats are so desperate for impeachment, that they [the Democrats] are actually thinking about doing it themselves. They know that their MSM media slaves will dutifully report their alternate reality reports, that somehow even though the Democrats did it, it is really the fault of those evil Republicans.

This only goes to show how desperate they are for something/anything to change the current trends.

"We can't afford to wait for the Republicans. Therefore, I am going to use my phone and my pen, and I am going to impeach myself. We can't afford to sit around and wait."  LOL

Oh, my. I believe they would actually try that. And there would be some conservatives falling into that trap. This is really the most serious issue of the election. I think any Republican who even uses the i-word on radio or tv should be immediately denounced.
 :chairbang:

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 12:28:11 am »

The local Organizing for America chapter leader has been egging on everyone on every forum and news article on line to try to impeach O. He works for O's PAC and pretty much just spouts talking points so that tells me that is exactly the hand they want us to play.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 12:30:09 am »
Oh, my. I believe they would actually try that. And there would be some conservatives falling into that trap. This is really the most serious issue of the election. I think any Republican who even uses the i-word on radio or tv should be immediately denounced.
 :chairbang:

IMHO, we should hold this card until we have a royal flush hand that not only will win conviction, but would be strong enough to sway public opinion. If it is the same old stuff we know O has done, it won't really gain anything. This is not letting O off, this is just choosing the most effective battle strike.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 12:34:57 am »
IMHO, we should hold this card until we have a royal flush hand that not only will win conviction, but would be strong enough to sway public opinion. If it is the same old stuff we know O has done, it won't really gain anything. This is not letting O off, this is just choosing the most effective battle strike.

And a conviction would get us President Biden. What does that gain anyone???  :shrug:

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 12:38:56 am »
And a conviction would get us President Biden. What does that gain anyone???  :shrug:

Better SNL skits.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 12:48:40 am »