Author Topic: 18 of the Most Cringe-Worthy Phrases Ever Spoken By a Politician  (Read 475 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/160992-20-outrages-comments-politician-ever/

When we think of politicians, we tend to think (or at least hope) that they are somewhat intelligent people. However, sometimes even the most intelligent people have some not-so-intelligent moments. Here are 18 of them:

1.) “If a president of the United States ever lied to the American people he should resign.” – President Bill Clinton (D)

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: 18 of the Most Cringe-Worthy Phrases Ever Spoken By a Politician
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:02:13 pm »
2.) “The Gulf War was like teenage sex. We got in too soon and out too soon.” - Senator 
Tom Harkin (D)

3.) “I don’t understand how they can call me anti-Latino when I’ve made four movies in Mexico.” – former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R)

4.) “I cook occasionally just to see how easy women’s work is.” – former Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill (D)

5.) “In Delaware, the largest growth of population is Indian Americans, moving from India. You cannot go to a 7/11 or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.” – Vice President Joe Biden (D)

6.) “I am not a chauvinist, obviously. . . . I believe in women’s rights for every woman but my own.” – Chicago Mayor Harold Washington (D)

7.) “It’s a racist tax.” – Florida Rep. Ted Yoho (R) on the civil-rights consequences of taxing tanning salons, which supposedly discriminates against white people

8.) “I don’t care anything about your disability.” - Texas Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D), quoted in a federal lawsuit brought by an employee who alleged failure to accommodate her disability

9.) “I think incest can be handled as a family matter within the family.” – Arkansas Rep. Jay Dickey Jr. (R)

10.) “The roads in Missouri were much more terrifying to me than the attacks on the World Trade Center, because I really did think my life was far more at risk.” – former HHS Secretary and Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D)

11.) “No, no. I have been practicing… I bowled a 129. It’s like — it was like Special Olympics, or something.” - President Barack Obama (D)

12.) “I know what Victoria’s Secret is. She’s a slut.” – Wyoming Rep. Barbara Cubin (R)

13.) “I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns and women join the unqualified men in running the government.” – Texas State Rep. Frances “Sissy” Farenthold (D)

14.) “I’m not against the blacks, and a lot of the good blacks will attest to that.”- Arizona Gov. Evan Mecham (R)

15.) “Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs.“- California Rep. and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D)

16.) “In two previous gentlemen’s statements on the amendment, both of them referred to the Affordable Care Act, which is the accurate title of the health care reform law, as ‘ObamaCare.’ That is a disparaging reference to the President of the United States. … It is clearly in violation of House rules against that.” - Florida Rep. and DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz

17.) “My fear is that the whole island [of Guam] will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.” – Georgia Rep. Hank Johnson (D)

18.)  “I personally find the word ‘alien’ offensive when applied to individuals, especially to children. An alien to me is someone from out of space.” – Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson (D)

By my count, that's 13 (D)s and only 5 (R)s.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »
"If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance."

(Probably fits in another category.)
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 02:37:24 pm »
We have to pass it to find out what's in it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 02:46:55 pm »
I can't believe that "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!", didn't make the list.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.