Author Topic: Pelosi: Qataris Have Told Me 'Hamas Is a Humanitarian Organization'  (Read 742 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/pelosi-qataris-have-told-me-hamas-humanitarian-organization

Pelosi: Qataris Have Told Me 'Hamas Is a Humanitarian Organization'
July 28, 2014 - 10:16 AM
By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says the United States must look to Qatar, an ally of the terrorist group Hamas, for advice in resolving the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

"And we have to confer with the Qataris, who have told me over and over again that Hamas is a humanitarian organization," she told CNN's "State of the Union" with Candy Crowley.

As CNSNews.com reported last week, Qatar is a strong supporter and funder of Hamas. Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal operates from Qatar, and has so far rejected ceasefire proposals put forward by Egypt and promoted by Secretary of State John Kerry.

The U.S government designated Hamas as a “foreign terrorist organization” in 1997. Its founding charter calls for Jews to be killed and says all Muslims are duty-bound to join a jihad to destroy Israel.

In an interview aired on CBS's "Face the Nation" Sunday, Hamas leader Meshaal said Hamas does not fight the Jews just because they are Jews. "We fight the occupiers," he said. As if he wants to recognize Israel as a Jewish state?, Meshaal said "No."

"War is a deadly thing," Pelosi said on Sunday, speaking about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

"And I have many Palestinians who live in my district, and I am hearing them regularly about how their families are affected who live in the region. It's a terrible thing. But let me just say that any missile that comes from someplace has a return address. And if Israel is responding to that address, then that's a shame that the Palestinians are ...rumored to be using children and families as shields for their missiles."

Pelosi said the first thing to do is to "avoid conflict" that "Hamas initiated."

"[T]his has to be something where we try to have the two-state solution, that we have to support...(Palestinian Authority chairman Mahmoud) Abbas and his role as a leader there. We have to support Iron Dome to protect the Israelis from the missiles. We have to support the Palestinians and what they need. And we have to confer with the Qataris, who have told me over and over again that Hamas is a humanitarian organization, maybe they could use their influence to --

Crowley interrupted her at that point, and they turned to another topic.

'Obama's leadership has been strong'; Putin 'is insecure'

In that same interview with CNN, Pelosi defended President Barack Obama's "strong" leadership, dismissing a suggestion that Russian President Vladimir Putin considers him to be weak.

Compared with Cold War days, "It's a much more complicated situation now, and the president's leadership has been strong," Pelosi told Crowley, pointing to Obama's support for Israel's Iron Dome missile shield; his request for humanitarian assistance for the Palestinian people; and his sanctions on Russia.

"Putin is going to do what Putin is going to do," she said. "Some of what we see comes from insecurity. Putin, for all of his -- is insecure about Russia's role in the world now."

Pelosi noted that the Obama administration was early in saying that the rockets used to shoot down a Malaysian airliner over Ukraine "had a provenance in Russia."

"So nobody is missing in action in all of this."

"And as far as Putin is concerned, he's a KGB guy who happens to be the president of Russia and he's going to do what he's going to do no matter who else is in charge any other place in the world. So, I would not judge his actions or his motivations by anything other than he is rooted in the KGB, insecure about Russia's diminished role in the world."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Pelosi: Qataris Have Told Me 'Hamas Is a Humanitarian Organization'
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:25:59 pm »
What is she smoking?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:56 pm »
What is she smoking?

Its gone beyond that.  I think she's taken up trepanning, and is drilling more holes in her skull to let all those good ideas come out....

This is just stunning to hear her say something like that.  There is just nothing she won't say.

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:27:26 pm »
The woman is an absolute lunatic.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:38:48 am »
"And I have many Palestinians who live in my district, and I am hearing them regularly about how their families are affected who live in the region. It's a terrible thing. But let me just say that any missile that comes from someplace has a return address. And if Israel is responding to that address, then that's a shame that the Palestinians are ...rumored to be using children and families as shields for their missiles."

A surprising modicum of sense there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:43:34 pm »

That isn't common sense, that's CYA.  The woman, I hope, as former Speaker knows Hamas is a terrorist organization but is trying to get some PR against Israel in the news but at the same time make it appear that she isn't an anti-Semitic, whacked out left winger.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:46:01 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »
She was quick to put that word 'rumored' in there wasn't she

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 04:23:45 pm »
She was quick to put that word 'rumored' in there wasn't she

She had to. Like ranger said, it's all about optics for her. I assume she has the odd moral, but they don't count. Still her saying every missile has a return address is a surprising break from Obama and Kerry.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 07:20:15 pm »
Obama told me I could keep my doctor, my premiums would go down, and that I could have my way with 10 supermodels with my wife's enthusiastic approval and no guilty conscience.  Yes, Nancy, I would have been a fool to believe him on any of these things.  Maybe you should learn the same lesson.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 08:21:06 pm »
That's a talking point that has been floating about for over a decade.

"But Hamas runs schools and offers healthcare!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 08:34:28 pm »
Pelosi truly is an empty vessel.  Worse than that, she is also an ideologue with any synaptic spark that fires. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:41 pm »
Hamas would slit Nancy Pelosi's neck, if you gave them a second. And they would cut your head off well before they would mine.

Only because I would kill two or three of them for trying.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.