Author Topic: George Will Says U.S. Should ‘Welcome’ Illegal Children, Mocks Supporters Of Deportation  (Read 1362 times)

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

George Will Says U.S. Should ‘Welcome’ Illegal Children, Mocks Supporters Of Deportation

Posted By Brendan Bordelon On 11:27 AM 07/27/2014 In | No Comments

Conservative columnist George Will surprised “Fox New Sunday’s” Chris Wallace when he claimed the United States should “welcome” the flood of illegal immigrant children along our southern border — adding that concerns about America’s ability to absorb Central America’s problems are “preposterous.”

Will spoke on a panel along with Fox News contributors Kirsten Powers, Juan Williams and Brit Hume about the ongoing border crisis. Powers had just finished slamming the Republican Party for not wanting to work on any kind of comprehensive immigration issue beyond deporting the tens of thousands of Central American children coming into the country illegally.

“How do you respond to Kirsten and her talking about Republicans who don’t want to deal with immigration except deporting children,” Wallace asked, “and is there a right way to deal with this problem?”

“Well, I think Kirsten’s largely right,” Will responded. “I think we ought to say to these children, ‘Welcome to America. You’re going to go to school and get a job and become Americans. We have 3,141 counties in this country. That’d be 20 per county.”

“The idea that we can’t assimilate these 8-year-old criminals with their teddy bears is preposterous,” the conservative columnist went on, mocking those concerned about putting further strain on the United States’ limited resources.

Wallace warned Will over a potential backlash from his comments. “You’ve gotta know — I mean, I can just sort of feel them clicking off — that we’re gonna get tons of email of people saying ‘this guy doesn’t understand the border, why should we be dealing with Central America’s problem, we can’t important the problem, they’ve gotta deal with it there, and our border’s got to mean something,’” the Fox News host explained.

“We can handle this problem, is what I’m saying,” the columnist replied. “We’ve handled what Emma Lazarus called ‘the wretched refuse of your teeming shores’ a long time ago, and a lot more people than this.”

Lazarus was, of course, writing about immigrants who came to the country legally through Ellis Island, New York.

Follow Brendan on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/27/george-will-says-u-s-should-welcome-illegal-children-mocks-supporters-of-deportation/

Offline PzLdr

OK, George. you take in a half dozen or so. Get back to me in, say, a year. As Det. Esposito on "Castle" would say, "Good luck with that"!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It always amazes me when people like George Will, who "get it" in so many other ways, cannot/will not see that what he is suggesting will overload our already overloaded system. 

Redo the current immigration system to make it easier for productive law-abiding people to become US citizens through legal means.  Give work visas to some, but we absolutely need to do it through legal channels.  You have to ask what the real agenda is with these good "Republican" people like George Will that are smart enough to know this - but instead, are pushing for lawlessness. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

It always amazes me when people like George Will, who "get it" in so many other ways, cannot/will not see that what he is suggesting will overload our already overloaded system. 

Redo the current immigration system to make it easier for productive law-abiding people to become US citizens through legal means.  Give work visas to some, but we absolutely need to do it through legal channels.  You have to ask what the real agenda is with these good "Republican" people like George Will that are smart enough to know this - but instead, are pushing for lawlessness.

When it doesn't make sense, follow the money.
Mr. Will likely has some vested interest, perhaps some connection to the Chamber of Commerce?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Mr. Will likely has some vested interest, perhaps some connection to the Chamber of Commerce?

That has to be it, Relic. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Will's statement, along with other Conservatives, are confusing on this issue.

By the way, it is important to point out that the vast majority of Republicans supporting the illegal invasion are White. Almost every Black person or 'legal' immigrant I have heard speak on this issue are very much against it.

They know very well what impact this will have on wages, education, and medical care. They are not stupid.

In fact the only 'stupid' people I hear are, of course, fanatic Liberals and people such as George Will. It is confusing. I don't get it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Bingo.

"You’re going to go to school and get a job and become Americans..."

No, George. They are going to go to overcrowded city public schools, learn nothing useful except for Common Core propaganda, then either drop out or graduate without useful skills, and then not be able or willing to get jobs in an economy overwhelmed by the social service demands created by the addition of millions of new "citizens" just like them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
And once they drop out of school, and are unemployed, that will lead directly to a sharp spike in crime or so called 'benefits' (which is really just a government bribe for people to behave), or possibly both.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.