Author Topic:  (Read 518 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:30:56 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »
OK, George. you take in a half dozen or so. Get back to me in, say, a year. As Det. Esposito on "Castle" would say, "Good luck with that"!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 10:37:25 AM »
It always amazes me when people like George Will, who "get it" in so many other ways, cannot/will not see that what he is suggesting will overload our already overloaded system. 

Redo the current immigration system to make it easier for productive law-abiding people to become US citizens through legal means.  Give work visas to some, but we absolutely need to do it through legal channels.  You have to ask what the real agenda is with these good "Republican" people like George Will that are smart enough to know this - but instead, are pushing for lawlessness. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
It always amazes me when people like George Will, who "get it" in so many other ways, cannot/will not see that what he is suggesting will overload our already overloaded system. 

Redo the current immigration system to make it easier for productive law-abiding people to become US citizens through legal means.  Give work visas to some, but we absolutely need to do it through legal channels.  You have to ask what the real agenda is with these good "Republican" people like George Will that are smart enough to know this - but instead, are pushing for lawlessness.

When it doesn't make sense, follow the money.
Mr. Will likely has some vested interest, perhaps some connection to the Chamber of Commerce?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »
When it doesn't make sense, follow the money.
Mr. Will likely has some vested interest, perhaps some connection to the Chamber of Commerce?

That has to be it, Relic. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »
Will's statement, along with other Conservatives, are confusing on this issue.

By the way, it is important to point out that the vast majority of Republicans supporting the illegal invasion are White. Almost every Black person or 'legal' immigrant I have heard speak on this issue are very much against it.

They know very well what impact this will have on wages, education, and medical care. They are not stupid.

In fact the only 'stupid' people I hear are, of course, fanatic Liberals and people such as George Will. It is confusing. I don't get it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 10:57:23 AM »
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »
And once they drop out of school, and are unemployed, that will lead directly to a sharp spike in crime or so called 'benefits' (which is really just a government bribe for people to behave), or possibly both.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf