Author Topic: First lady Michelle Obama on Thursday night urged Democrats to “dig deep” into their pockets and “write a big fat check” before the midterm elections, but minutes later complained of too much money in politics.  (Read 437 times)

rangerrebew

First lady Michelle Obama on Thursday night urged Democrats to “dig deep” into their pockets and “write a big fat check” before the midterm elections, but minutes later complained of too much money in politics.

Speaking at a party fundraiser in Chicago, Mrs. Obama said Democrats must triumph in the November contests if President Obama is to make progress on his agenda during the final two years of his term.

PHOTOS: Obama's biggest White House 'fails'

She also blasted special interest groups that funnel money to Republicans.

“So, yeah, there’s too much money in politics. There’s special interests that have too much influence. But they had all that money and all that influence back in 2008 and 2012 and we still won those elections,” she said.

Mrs. Obama then urged fellow Democrats to add even more money to the political system.

“There is something you can do right now today to make a difference, and that is to write a big, fat check. I kid you not,” she said. “I’m going to be honest with you. That’s what we need you to do right now. We need you to write the biggest, fattest check that you can possibly write.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/24/michelle-obama-says-money-in-politics-is-bad-asks-/#ixzz38gVtxgui
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Both sides see a problem with money in politics when it is benefiting the side they are opposed to, but then turn the other cheek when it is benefiting their own party. It needs to be all or nothing.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates