Author Topic: Man Raises More Than $400,000 to Turn Bible into a Series of Modern Novels  (Read 962 times)

Offline aligncare

I found this an interesting idea.

Remarketing the Bible

Quoting a numbered verse is often used as shorthand but will sometimes substitute for actual reading and contemplation, which serves instead to provide one a convenient platitude.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I am not sure how it will be different from any number of other translations that have been done over the years, except the fact that it will be published in separate volumes.  I could simply cut a non-notated bible up into five pieces and rebind it.  But heck, if anyone who can get $400K for a gimmick is OK in my book.  Marketing is all about finding a gimmick people will pay for.

Offline NavyCanDo

I think it is a great idea. After all The Bible TV series exceeded all expectations. People who never read the Bible, or found the translation from the middle ages dry and boring found them selves caught up in the well done movie version. Caught up for the first time in the Bible and hungry for more. And why not, its a story filled with action, high drama, war, love, sacrifice, betrayal, angels, and demons, giants, and kings, wonders, miracles, despair, and hope - all the stuff that would make a J. R. R. Tolkien book fly off the shelf.  If the intention is to feed this hungry for more crowd, with the story of the Bible - The Jesus Story, then I hope his book series exceeds his expectations.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn