Author Topic: Rep. Steve King Predicts Impeachment if Obama Grants Executive Amnesty  (Read 1152 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/26/Rep-Steve-King-Predicts-House-Will-Start-Impeachment-Proceedings-if-Obama-Grants-More-Amnesty-with-Exec-Actions

by Tony Lee 26 Jul 2014, 12:11 PM PDT

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) believes the House of Representatives will immediately begin impeachment proceedings if President Barack Obama unilaterally grants work permits and amnesty to millions more illegal immigrants by the "end of summer."

Appearing on Breitbart News Saturday with co-hosts Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon and Editor-in-Chief Alex Marlow from the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas, King said that if Obama "completely destroys the rule of law with the stroke of a pen" and "Congress fails to act," there will be "enough Republicans who didn't have a desire to do this" that will be "immediately activated" to consider impeachment.

"From my standpoint, if the president [enacts more executive actions], we need to bring impeachment hearings immediately before the House of Representatives," King said. "That's my position and that's my prediction."

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus has given Obama a six-page wish list of executive actions, and Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) said Obama may give temporary amnesty and work permits to five million more illegal immigrants by expanding the Deferred Amnesty for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program to the parents of illegal immigrants. King called that program lawless and unconstitutional.

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus has even recommended that Obama give amnesty, by executive fiat, to every illegal immigrant who would have received it under the Senate's comprehensive amnesty bill. In other words, amnesty for nearly all of the illegal immigrants in the country who are not hardened criminals.

King said Obama's bold executive actions "would cause a thunderclap of eruption in Congress and from the American people" that Republicans will not be able to ignore. After calling illegal immigration "a virus that is eating away at the rule of law," King also denounced Obama's lawlessness that is "erasing our border" and "putting pressure on social services" while the country borrows even more money from China to finance its debt.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin called for Obama to be impeached on the pages of Breitbart.com, saying that Obama's lawlessness on illegal immigration was the tipping point for her, because it impacts Americans of all races and backgrounds, including legal immigrants, and threatens the nation's sovereignty.

Palin wrote that "the many impeachable offenses of Barack Obama can no longer be ignored," and "if after all this he's not impeachable, then no one is."

"It’s time to impeach; and on behalf of American workers and legal immigrants of all backgrounds, we should vehemently oppose any politician on the left or right who would hesitate in voting for articles of impeachment," she added.

As Breitbart News reported, Palin "has also emphasized that the Founders meant impeachment to be used as a check against a lawless executive" and told Republicans at the Western Conservative Summit last week in Colorado: "don't be afraid to raise" the impeachment issue:

Palin also mentioned that "high crimes and misdemeanors" does not refer to today's ordinary criminal charges. She reiterated that the Framers referred to "a dereliction of duty," and "the first duty of the president is to enforce our laws and preserve and protect and defend our Constitution." She said Alexander Hamilton said impeachable offenses refer to "the abuse or violation of some public trust." Hamilton called them "political offenses" because they relate "chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself," Palin said, noting that impeachment is a check against a lawless executive.

National polls after Palin's op-ed have found that about one-third of Americans want Obama impeached, while a majority of Republicans think impeachment is justified. In one poll, two-thirds of Republicans wanted impeachment, while a majority of Americans felt Obama has exceeded his Constitutional authority.

Breitbart News reported on Friday that some Republicans--like Rep. Ted Yoho (R-FL)--discussed potentially impeaching Obama at a closed-door meeting in Congress on Friday. That same day, White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer said the White House was worried that Obama's potential executive actions on immigration could lead to impeachment.

“I saw a poll today that had a huge portion of the Republican Party base saying they supported impeaching the president. A lot of people in this town laugh that off. I would not discount that possibility,” Pfeiffer said at a Christian Science Monitor breakfast.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So the GOPe is out there saying nobody in the GOP is talking about impeachment and here comes Rep King to scare the voters away...I mean stand up for the Constitution.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
He said it to Breitbart.  It's just red meat for the extreme right.  Even so, I wish everyone in the GOP would just STFU and not use the "i" word until after the election.

Oceander

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
massadvj wrote above:
[[ Even so, I wish everyone in the GOP would just STFU and not use the "i" word until after the election...]]

Hmmmm... lemmmesee here....

Your statement begs a question:
If the Republicans keep their majority in the House, and win a majority in the Senate, would you want them to start using "the i word" after the election ???

Oceander

massadvj wrote above:
[[ Even so, I wish everyone in the GOP would just STFU and not use the "i" word until after the election...]]

If the Republicans keep their majority in the House, and win a majority in the Senate, would you want them to start using "the i word" after the election ???

The answer ought to be:  only if we want a democrat party landslide in 2016.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
massadvj wrote above:

Obama would have to do something spectacularly stupid to warrant being impeached. Right now there are no real grounds for it, and that will likely still be the case even if Republicans won the house/senate. What Oceander said above is true; beating this dead horse will only help the Democrats.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
massadvj wrote above:

Perhaps.  As things stand now, no.  But there are a number of potential criminal matters being investigated and perhaps evidence will be unearthed.  Or OPapaDoc may do something that really pisses the electorate off, like grant a blanket amnesty to millions of people without congressional approval.  If that happens, and if the public starts clamoring for impeachment, then yes.

OPapaDoc has done enough to warrant impeachment by ignoring the law in releasing Guantanamo prisoners without prior notification of congress.  But unless there is public outrage, nothing can really be done. 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
massadvj wrote above:

Yes, if a solid foundation has been laid out to clearly demonstrate to the American public exactly why such a move is required.  We ain't there yet though, and as long as Harry Reid is able to obstruct the US Senate, any discussion of impeachment beforehand is a distraction from the job at hand, and that's taking control away from Harry Reid.

Impeachment is not about what the President might or might not do.  It is about what he has done that violates the Constitution and his Presidential oath of office.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Yes, if a solid foundation has been laid out to clearly demonstrate to the American public exactly why such a move is required.  We ain't there yet though, and as long as Harry Reid is able to obstruct the US Senate, any discussion of impeachment beforehand is a distraction from the job at hand, and that's taking control away from Harry Reid.

Impeachment is not about what the President might or might not do.  It is about what he has done that violates the Constitution and his Presidential oath of office.

The main problem as I see it is even if impeachment somehow got on the table Obama would probably be out of office before anything actually happened.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The main problem as I see it is even if impeachment somehow got on the table Obama would probably be out of office before anything actually happened.

Yes, but if the public clamors for impeachment, and the GOP pursues it, and then the Dems impede it, that would be very beneficial politically for 2016.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Let him dig. He is digging himself and the entire Democrat/Progresive/Liberal movement into a big hole. Let him go. Let him dig.

He is far too stupid to understand what he is really doing.

i do not want to impeach the guy, I want him to go on with his 'fundemental transformation', because it hurts Blacks more than it does White people. Not that that is a good thing, but hey, that is what they voted for.

Let him go man, let him do his thing. He is hurting himseft. Let him go.

OBAMA,OBAMA, mmm, mmmm, mmm!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Relic

Why are there so many stupid people in politics?
Impeachment is a non starter, and it has the smell of the birther issue. It would rally the media, the Dem base, and concern moderates.

The House controls the purse strings. If Obama takes inappropriate actions, defund things until it hurts. Start with cutting the Executive travel budget.

Oceander

Why are there so many stupid people in politics?

Good question!  Perhaps because many of the smarter folk can't stand the level of smarminess most politicians wallow in.