Author Topic: Lib Wants Looney Toons Banned Because of "Gun Violence"  (Read 1325 times)

rangerrebew

Lib Wants Looney Toons Banned Because of "Gun Violence"
« on: July 26, 2014, 06:18:53 pm »

Lib Wants Looney Toons Banned Because of "Gun Violence"

by Philip Hodges — 259 Comments   

As if banning these old cartoons will do anything to stop anyone from acting on their anger against others.

Erasing guns or anything that resembles guns or other weapons from history will not make them cease to exist. They’re trying to brainwash kids to be terrified of guns, to believe that they’re evil. And editing guns out of old cartoons is just one more step toward indoctrinating the next generation that guns are only to exist in the hands of government agents and no one else. Writing for Slate, Mark Joseph Stern opined:

When California tried to ban the sale of violent video games to minors, the Supreme Court mocked its efforts, noting that old Looney Tunes cartoons provoked the same tendency toward violence in children as a Grand Theft Auto–style bloodbath. But just how violent were Looney Tunes? A video compiled by Sam Henderson reminds us that the antics of Bugs Bunny and co. were a lot more brutal than you remember.

And then he links to this video compilation of “gun suicides” in cartoons:

Stern continues:

As Retro Junk notes points out, many of these so-called “suicide gags” have long been edited out of TV reruns, though some are still included on DVD editions. To modern sensibilities, of course, the gun violence is especially startling—particularly the blasé approach to gun suicide, a rampant problem across the United States. The cartoons’ depictions of firearms as fun toys to be deployed for petty revenge also comes across uncomfortably now, during our years-long epidemic of school shootings… But no kids’ show today would ever treat firearms or gun deaths so lightly, with such zany exuberance, as Looney Tunes once did. That jaunty disregard of the consequences of violence is part of what made the show so bizarrely delightful. In a post-Newtown world, however, what was once strangely funny now registers as appallingly macabre.

Liberals support the U.S. government sending massive amounts of heavy weaponry and money to terrorists in the Middle East while decrying “gun violence” in old cartoons. They are a parody of themselves.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/6304/lib-wants-looney-toons-banned-gun-violence/#YKMMu3IcPR8TXEJ3.99

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Lib Wants Looney Toons Banned Because of "Gun Violence"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 07:11:51 pm »
Looney Tunes indeed.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:47:34 pm »
fascists, pure and simple. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:55:49 pm »
Looney Tunes indeed.

My exact thought.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 08:10:47 pm »
The only Looney Tunes I've seen in the past 6 years are in the District of Corruption. :woohoo:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 02:03:33 am »
I was under the assumption that they already banned them. At least here in the Northwest,  I don't see any cartoons on TV except for, using my own 12 year olds words "crap cartoons".   Cartoons with flat cheaply drawn one-dimensional animation, like  Phineas and Ferb, South Park, SpongeBob, Family Guy, Adventure Time, Doraemon, Amazing World of Gumball, Uncle Grandpa,  and a bunch of other stupid cartoons for stupid minds.

My 12-year old, bless his heart, "hates" them and says so every time he see one advertised.   Thankfully I have many of the old Warner Brothers cartoons on DVD packaged sets that he enjoys watching, so much so that he can quote them just as you and I can who grew up with them. "Would you like to shoot me now or wait till  you get home".  He also enjoys the 4-seasons of Flintstones I have, and Scooby Doo.

Too bad he will never know the pleasure of Saturday morning cartoons when we never slept in at the risk of missing the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour, Scooby Doo, the Jetsons, Fantastic Four, and on and on and on........ 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 03:23:54 am »
What's next, the Three Stooges? Laurel and Hardy?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 04:38:21 am »
Yep Get rid of Bugs and Elmer, but by golly when is the next blood and guts  xbox game coming out!!!! :thud:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 12:40:36 pm »
Yep Get rid of Bugs and Elmer, but by golly when is the next blood and guts  xbox game coming out!!!! :thud:

That's what I was thinking. There are 8 year old kids playing Grand Theft Auto.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 12:59:59 pm »

"Be vewwwy, vewwwy quiet. I'm hunting Pwogwessives!"
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 01:35:59 pm »
What's next, the Three Stooges? Laurel and Hardy?

All the old oaters will have to go.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 01:46:35 pm »
I was under the assumption that they already banned them. At least here in the Northwest,  I don't see any cartoons on TV except for, using my own 12 year olds words "crap cartoons".   Cartoons with flat cheaply drawn one-dimensional animation, like  Phineas and Ferb, South Park, SpongeBob, Family Guy, Adventure Time, Doraemon, Amazing World of Gumball, Uncle Grandpa,  and a bunch of other stupid cartoons for stupid minds.

My 12-year old, bless his heart, "hates" them and says so every time he see one advertised.   Thankfully I have many of the old Warner Brothers cartoons on DVD packaged sets that he enjoys watching, so much so that he can quote them just as you and I can who grew up with them. "Would you like to shoot me now or wait till  you get home".  He also enjoys the 4-seasons of Flintstones I have, and Scooby Doo.

Too bad he will never know the pleasure of Saturday morning cartoons when we never slept in at the risk of missing the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour, Scooby Doo, the Jetsons, Fantastic Four, and on and on and on........

In all fairness South Park and Family Guy is for adults.. But you are right most of today's cartoons are crap.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/