Author Topic: ABC News: Even the White House Thinks Obama May Be Impeached ..  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: ABC News: Even the White House Thinks Obama May Be Impeached ..
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 08:07:42 am »
In that case, shouldn't the House Republicans at least hold hearings, begin an investigation as to whether charges are warranted?
The GOP is conducting hearings on Bengahzi, IRS, Obamacare, VA, and more.  There will be a need for impeachment hearings when 51% of America thinks Obama should be impeached.

That being said, I think it is entirely possible Obama could be impeached before 2016, since Obama is a liar, a crook, a cheat, his feet stink, and he don't love Jesus.  But we will need facts, not questions, to support articles of impeachment.

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 08:18:36 am »
If we have to choose, where we want Latino 'n---gers' or Black 'n----gers, I will go with the Latinos' every time. I gues thas makes me racist? or sort of racist? I don't know.

Black people in America are being pushed out, and it is being done by no onee less than their brother, "I love Espanol"  Barack Hussein.

Screw all you White people. Screw all you Black people. I am the King now.

And I love illegal Mexicans.

Mel Gibson. amiright?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 01:44:26 pm »
Once-Ler wrote above:
[[ That being said, I think it is entirely possible Obama could be impeached before 2016, since Obama is a liar, a crook, a cheat, his feet stink, and he don't love Jesus.  But we will need facts, not questions, to support articles of impeachment. ]]

Article IV, Section 4:
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion"

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 02:14:41 pm »
The GOP is conducting hearings on Bengahzi, IRS, Obamacare, VA, and more.  There will be a need for impeachment hearings when 51% of America thinks Obama should be impeached.

That being said, I think it is entirely possible Obama could be impeached before 2016, since Obama is a liar, a crook, a cheat, his feet stink, and he don't love Jesus.  But we will need facts, not questions, to support articles of impeachment.

Exactly right.  Representative Gowdy is hard at work right now on the IRS debacle, and it takes a lot of work by a Congressional committee, who has the power to subpoena witnesses and gather evidence, to build the foundation for articles of Impeachment.  Notice that plural form of "Article"....it takes a number of articles of impeachment, each with a complete foundation and case evidence before such articles will be brought before the Congress. 

Impeachment is also a completely and legitimately political process that is proscribed in the Constitution itself.  It is not a criminal proceeding, and the process has its own rules.  That means that in addition to a National will to impeach, there has to be an undeniable Congressional political will to do so as well.  With Harry Reid in charge of the Senate, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of impeaching Obama and everybody knows it.  This nonsense coming out of the Press Room is just another Administration assembled strawman to be used in the President's ongoing campaign to demonize the Republicans for everything under the sun.  This is just another turd hurled at a wall in hopes it will really stick this time....

The goal this Fall is to continue cleaning house in Congress.  Win back the Senate in a big way and expand the majority in the House, and we can then decide just how we need to go about setting things aright in the next 2 years...

:beer:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:15:44 pm by Chieftain »

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 02:20:27 pm »
Exactly right.  Representative Gowdy is hard at work right now on the IRS debacle, and it takes a lot of work by a Congressional committee, who has the power to subpoena witnesses and gather evidence, to build the foundation for articles of Impeachment.  Notice that plural form of "Article"....it takes a number of articles of impeachment, each with a complete foundation and case evidence before such articles will be brought before the Congress. 

Impeachment is also a completely and legitimately political process that is proscribed in the Constitution itself.  It is not a criminal proceeding, and the process has its own rules.  That means that in addition to a National will to impeach, there has to be an undeniable Congressional political will to do so as well.  With Harry Reid in charge of the Senate, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell of impeaching Obama and everybody knows it.  This nonsense coming out of the Press Room is just another Administration assembled strawman to be used in the President's ongoing campaign to demonize the Republicans for everything under the sun.  This is just another turd hurled at a wall in hopes it will really stick this time....

The goal this Fall is to continue cleaning house in Congress.  Win back the Senate in a big way and expand the majority in the House, and we can then decide just how we need to go about setting things aright in the next 2 years...

Hear hear!!

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 02:38:39 pm »
Once-Ler wrote above:
[[ That being said, I think it is entirely possible Obama could be impeached before 2016, since Obama is a liar, a crook, a cheat, his feet stink, and he don't love Jesus.  But we will need facts, not questions, to support articles of impeachment. ]]

Article IV, Section 4:
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion"
Impeach the first black President on the grounds of not securing the border?  Why didn't Republicans impeach Bush, Clinton, Bush, Ronald Amnesty Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, and JFK?

It ain't gonna happen.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 03:24:18 pm »
ABC News...and I use that term with ultimate sarcasm, is a mouthpiece of the Administration.

They are simply ginning up for the mid-terms, in order to rile up their base to get off their collective ass so they don't stay home in November.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 03:28:01 pm »
Once-Ler wrote above:

Article IV, Section 4:

Just one little fly in the ointment:  there is no "invasion" as that term is used.  Definitions of these things are sometimes hard to find; however, a definition of "invasion" was developed during the Nuremberg trials.  That definition reads:
[A]n invasion of one state by another is the implementation of the national policy of the invading state by force even though the invaded state, due to fear or a sense of the futility of resistance in the face of superior force, adopts a policy of nonresistance and thus prevents the occurrence of any actual combat.
This book provides a bit of discussion and sources the above quote:  http://books.google.com/books?id=fjRoAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA181&lpg=PA181&dq=nuremberg+%22invasion+of+one+state+by+another%22&source=bl&ots=B1N1rUsfvB&sig=Dw05tKFeko3jfluPST4-QlqDdsQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=M8jTU43GPNWwyAT6yoKIDg&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=nuremberg%20%22invasion%20of%20one%20state%20by%20another%22&f=false
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 03:28:42 pm by Oceander »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 04:03:35 pm »
Impeachment? Hmm? Yeah, well, at least it would be more than just about sex. It would be about attempting to remove, for the second time, a black president from the oval office!

Come to think of it, Obama has done to American what Clinton did to Monica Lewinsky. So, I guess it still is just about sex.

:facepalm2:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 06:25:12 pm »
This is a ploy.  They are baiting Republicans to waste the rest of Obama's term trying to impeach him.  And so what if they do?  What will happen to him?  He can't run again.  Impeachment sure didn't hurt Bill Clinton - he is still beloved by his party.

Impeachment is too good for Obama.  He should be rotting in prison.  They are peeing in their pants wanting the GOP to try to impeach Obama!  It's the old Brer Rabbit trick, "Please don't impeach Obama, please?"

It's definitely a briar patch tactic.

There couldn't be anything more successful in making Obama the ultimate "victim" of the right than if his last two years are swallowed up by impeachment proceedings.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »
Oceander wrote above:
[[ Just one little fly in the ointment:  there is no "invasion" as that term is used ]]

Nonsense.

"Invasion" will mean whatever the members of Congress (and the American people) deem it to mean, insofar as it applies to the invasion (and I will keep using that term regardless of what you say) at the southern border than has been raging for years (and yes, I realize G.W. Bush did little to stop it, either).

You are entitled to your opinion as to what "invasion" means.
But I sense that many Americans believe it to mean more than just that...