Author Topic: The Three Amigos. Check off one more from my bucket list  (Read 1632 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

The Three Amigos. Check off one more from my bucket list
« on: July 26, 2014, 06:30:12 am »

With my brand new purchase of the XDm .45 I now have completed the trinity. These and a drawer full of OWB, IWB, and pocket holsters I have something to carry in any form of dress and in all circumstances.     

From left to right the Ruger LCP .380 with Crimson Trace laser, the Springfield XDs 9mm, and the XDm .45.

That completes my handgun bucket list. At least for now.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:32:40 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: The Three Amigos. Check off one more from my bucket list
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:38:18 am »

Incredibly accurate gun. This was my first time firing it.   At a farther distance of 30 feet I was still grouping inside 4 inches.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 09:30:45 am »
Nice grouping indeed!

What's the kick like? It's going to have some, but is a triple tap possible without it shifting too much?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »
I haven't fired a .45 in 35 years when I was in the service, and then it was a big heavy model 1911 belonging to a Marine, so  was a bit apprehensive about the XDm recoil. It was very manageable, and sight picture was regained easily. Easier than shooting  my smaller XDs in .9 mm. And far softer shooting than a friends .357 revolver.  I didn't want to stop shooting, so after running out of the 230 grain ball ammunition, I just had to shoot a magazine full of the expensive defense rounds until logic got the better of me.   Out of the three, this is no doubt the most fun, and probably has the least "felt" kick.   The little LCP without the Hogue grips is no fun at all. With the grips, not bad.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:58:32 pm by NavyCanDo »

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 02:03:55 pm »
very nice!