Author Topic: ABC News: Even the White House Thinks Obama May Be Impeached ..  (Read 2189 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/07/25/abc-news-even-white-house-thinks-obama-may-be-impeached

ABC News: Even the White House Thinks Obama May Be Impeached ...

By Rick Klein, ABC News

Don't dismiss the possibility of the House of Representatives bringing articles of impeachment against President Obama, senior White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer said today.

"I think a lot of people in this town laugh that off," Pfeiffer said at a breaking with reporters in Washington hosted by the Christian Science Monitor. "I would not discount that possibility. I think that Speaker [John] Boehner, by going down this path of this lawsuit, has opened the door to Republicans possibly considering impeachment at some point in the future."

He went on to say that the executive actions being considered by the White House on immigration would probably “up the likelihood” of impeachment, making the point that lawmakers such as Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, already have said the president is violating the law with his unilateral moves on immigration.

Pfeiffer noted that the House is set to file a formal lawsuit next week against the president over his executive actions. While the idea of impeachment is only being discussed by the likes of Sarah Palin -– and very few elected lawmakers –- that could change.

He went on to say that the White House views the lawsuit as “validation” of its “year of action” strategy, saying of executive actions: “If they were small-ball, the Republicans would not be suing over them.”

Asked whether impeachment would be good for the president, Pfeiffer said: “No, I don’t think so.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: ABC News: Even the White House Thinks Obama May Be Impeached ..
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:51:25 pm »
The WH really wants this don't they. They keep bringing it up.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 07:58:52 pm »
Actually it is the Republicans, conservative ones, that keep bringing it up.

But having said that, yes the WH is more than willing to turn it to their advantage.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 08:04:14 pm »

Of course they want Obama to be impeached ASAP.  It's not going to happen, or if it does, it will be in 2015.  Starting proceedings right before the mid-terms is exactly what the Dems need to inspire their lazy base.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 08:32:04 pm »

But having said that, yes the WH is more than willing to turn it to their advantage.

They won't have to do much to turn it to their advantage, and it will benefit every democrat, not just Obuttocks.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dan Pfeiffer: White House Expects John Boehner To Try For Impeachment
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/25/john-boehner-impeach_n_5620467.html

Sam Stein Become a fan stein@huffingtonpost.com
Dan Pfeiffer: White House Expects John Boehner To Try For Impeachment
Posted: 07/25/2014 10:01 am EDT Updated: 4 hours ago

WASHINGTON -- One of President Barack Obama's top advisers said on Friday that he expects House Republicans will ultimately file articles of impeachment against the president.

Dan Pfeiffer, a senior aide who has been with the administration since Obama first took office, told reporters that he anticipated that a lawsuit filed by House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) over executive actions taken by the president on health care would ultimately not be enough to satisfy some of the more vocal conservatives in Congress.

Pfeiffer added that coming executive actions surrounding immigration reform would only stoke the impeachment flames.

"I think a lot of people in this town laugh that off," said Pfeiffer. "I would not discount that possibility. I think that Speaker Boehner, by going down this path of this lawsuit, has opened the door to Republicans possibly considering impeachment at some point in the future."

Speaking at the Christian Science Monitor breakfast, Pfeiffer based his prediction on several factors. The first was former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) calling for articles of impeachment to be drawn over the president's executive action allowing certain young undocumented immigrants to stay in the country. The second was a CNN poll released Friday morning showing that while just 33 percent of the country supported impeachment, a full 57 percent of Republicans were in favor of it.

"I think impeachment is a very serious thing that has been bandied about by the recent Republican vice presidential nominee and others in a very unserious way," said Pfeiffer. "And no one has even made any allegation of anything that would be within six universes from what is generally considered in that space."

Boehner has said repeatedly that he is not interested in drafting articles of impeachment against the president.

UPDATE: 10:25 a.m. -- Boehner's spokesman Michael Steel emailed the following response to Pfeiffer.

We have a humanitarian crisis at our border, and the White House is making matters worse with inattention and mixed signals. It is telling, and sad, that a senior White House official is focused on political games, rather than helping these kids and securing the border.

While Pfeiffer did float the prospect of impeachment without much, if any, prodding, it's worth noting that he did also discuss the crisis at the border during Friday's breakfast session.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 10:23:47 pm »
Of course the WH expects impeachment.  The people in there know what OPapaDoc is guilty of.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:57 pm »
Except this article isn't about a conservative Republican. It's about Obama's advisor.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 10:49:41 pm »
Republicans should not take the bait. The only people with any power who now talk about impeachment are Democrats, who are using it as a political scarecrow to alarm the beneficiaries of Progressive largess.

The truth is, Obama deserves worse than impeachment for what he has done to America.

But the impeachment of a lawless executive is a useless remedy for a nation dominated by the virtueless.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 11:04:21 pm »
Agree.

Obama is digging his own grave, deeper and deeper, let him keep digging. He is doing this twofold, one: he wants to wreck America, and two: he wants to goad the country into trying to get rid of him.

Either way he 'wins', from his point of view. Just let him keep going. His hatred for America and the West, along with his incompetence and apathy are being noticed by 'everyone', including the Left.

Let this guy dig his own grave, which he is doing day by day.

On a side note: I am alway confused at these millionaires who pay 30 tp 50 thousand dollars to be in the same room with this hack. I wouldn't go to meet him even if they paid me. It is confusing.

They have to be getting something more for their money than what is publically advertised.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 12:00:45 am »

On a side note: I am always confused at these millionaires who pay 30 to 50 thousand dollars to be in the same room with this hack. I wouldn't go to meet him even if they paid me. It is confusing.

They have to be getting something more for their money than what is publically advertised.

Think of it this way: they are both getting what they desire: the millionaires get access to power, so that they may obtain favors and stifle their competition; Obama gets what he craves above all else: public displays of obsequious flattery.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 12:15:33 am »
Think of it this way: they are both getting what they desire: the millionaires get access to power, so that they may obtain favors and stifle their competition; Obama gets what he craves above all else: public displays of obsequious flattery.

Think of it THIS way.

When Obama's people come around suggesting that they attend these expensive fund-raisers....they're wearing black shirts, white ties and double breasted suits.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 12:37:15 am »
According to another CNN poll posted earlier today:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=144399.0

...Something like 33% of Americans already agree.
Soon, that number will grow higher -- I expect this will happen after Obama attempts to issue a blanket edict that will attempt to "normalize" millions of illegals already here.

I don't expect it to rise above the 50% mark, but what happens when upwards of 40-45% of Americans think impeachment is warranted?

In that case, shouldn't the House Republicans at least hold hearings, begin an investigation as to whether charges are warranted?

We know that the president has ignored the duties of his office, and perhaps conspired to violate the Constitution, Article IV, Section 4 to be specific.

One in three Americans already "visualize" this:

Soon Congress will be dragged into acting upon it, if they wish to save their own hides...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 01:16:45 am »
This is a ploy.  They are baiting Republicans to waste the rest of Obama's term trying to impeach him.  And so what if they do?  What will happen to him?  He can't run again.  Impeachment sure didn't hurt Bill Clinton - he is still beloved by his party.

Impeachment is too good for Obama.  He should be rotting in prison.  They are peeing in their pants wanting the GOP to try to impeach Obama!  It's the old Brer Rabbit trick, "Please don't impeach Obama, please?"

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 01:20:39 am »
Recall that after the 1964 Civil Rights Act was passed, Lyndon B. Johnson said, "I'll have those n*ggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years!"

Obama is trying to emulate him with the Hispanic vote.

And with the opposition growing to a crescendo from the GOP base....it just might provide all the 'proof' they (Democrats) need.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:22:20 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 01:26:51 am »
The 1/3 figure means it would be futile to pursue it, because the downsides exceed the upside, which is zero.

Winning the Senate in November is the single most important task, not whining about Obama continually. He isn't running again, and he isn't going to be impeached, either.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 01:30:21 am »
I'll settle for a political 'castration'.  Take the Senate and House in November.  Make him a eunuch.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 01:47:16 am »
I'll settle for a political 'castration'.  Take the Senate and House in November.  Make him a eunuch.
A lame duck eunuch.

I like.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 02:20:45 am »
I'd say the dims have decided what their best campaign ploy for this Nov. is.

That is:
 If we elect a GOP Congress, particularly the Senate, we will spend the next year or so in silly impeachment proceedings, like we did in the clintoon admin. And what a waste of time when there are so many more important things to do.

And goading Conservatives into talking about impeachment proceedings, esp. when they can get a "twofer" by stirring up anger at Boehner and the House at the same time they are getting Tea Party people like Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz enthused about the idea is a big help.

It's a great way to get the lofos thinking about impeachment silliness so they don't ever have to hear about Benghazi, the border crisis, Israel, the IRS, the economy, terrorism, and all of the other things that would possibly defeat dim candidates.

If the GOP lets the dims define this as *the* election issue, then they are indeed the stupid party and we are doomed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2014, 02:20:58 am »
alicewonders wrote:
[[ Impeachment is too good for Obama.  He should be rotting in prison. ]]

No Alice -- to suggest that Obama should be in prison -- and NOT impeached -- is useless, because the Constitution offers no way to address his lawlessness OTHER THAN through the impeachment process.

It's not a waste of time to begin this process.

It is a waste of time for Republicans to go on and on, with full knowledge that unless they're willing to call him on his behavior -- unless they're willing to go through the trial by fire of impeaching him -- that he's going to get away with it all, and quite possibly damage the country beyond repair in the the two years plus he has left in office.

By the same logic, it would have been pointless for the Colonists to declare independence and go to war with England over it. There were only about a third of the Colonists in 1776 who wanted a break with Britain, and who believed independence was worth fighting for. Something like a third of the Colonists remained loyalists. That left a "persuadable middle" who came around.

So it can be, so it will be, with the impeachment process.
I sense the Pubbie Congresscritters know that at some point, when the revelations become heaped as high as Washington's monument, that they'll have to get off their rears and do something about it.

The meme "Obama can never be impeached because he's the first black president" is more an excuse FOR REPUBLICANS than it will be a problem with the growing number of Americans who believe the time has come to stay his hands.

Let me ask you, Alice:
Do you think that Obama -should be- impeached, regardless of whether or not you believe that it's politically possible?
Do you believe the merits of his dereliction of duty -- particularly regarding the dissolution of the southern border -- warrant his removal from office?

More and more, the Republican party is slipping towards becoming "the party of nothing", with politicians who are really good at wringing their hands, but not willing to do anything. Being on the right side of things means nothing when the party cannot or will not act in the nation's and the citizens' interests.

If we're not willing to stand up and undertake the process, regardless of the political risk, than we don't deserve to win.

And we will lose.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:22:53 am by Fishrrman »

Oceander

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 03:19:13 am »
The 1/3 figure means it would be futile to pursue it, because the downsides exceed the upside, which is zero.

Winning the Senate in November is the single most important task, not whining about Obama continually. He isn't running again, and he isn't going to be impeached, either.

Now that's good thinking!!!

:thumbsup:

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 03:20:16 am »
I'd say the dims have decided what their best campaign ploy for this Nov. is.

That is:
 If we elect a GOP Congress, particularly the Senate, we will spend the next year or so in silly impeachment proceedings, like we did in the clintoon admin. And what a waste of time when there are so many more important things to do.

And goading Conservatives into talking about impeachment proceedings, esp. when they can get a "twofer" by stirring up anger at Boehner and the House at the same time they are getting Tea Party people like Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz enthused about the idea is a big help.

It's a great way to get the lofos thinking about impeachment silliness so they don't ever have to hear about Benghazi, the border crisis, Israel, the IRS, the economy, terrorism, and all of the other things that would possibly defeat dim candidates.

If the GOP lets the dims define this as *the* election issue, then they are indeed the stupid party and we are doomed.

More good thinkin'!!

:thumbsup:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 03:39:22 am »
The simple fact of the matter is that Impeachment is ALWAYS "on the table" because it is a Constitutional process that is the proscribed legal means to indict a Federal official, and then decide whether to remove that individual from office.  It does not exclusively apply to the President.  The Congress can impeach any Federal official it chooses, and send the warrant to the Senate for trial on removal.  Federal Judges can be impeached. The Attorney General himself can be impeached. 

Impeachment is a legal process and is not something to be thrown about lightly like the White House is trying to do for purely political purposes.  The fact they are creating a rumor out of whole cloth using the threat of impeachment not only demonstrates they believe someone might actually have reason to do it, but could be an article of Impeachment itself.

What we have here is a bold faced try to manufacture a political point out of whole cloth.  There is no National desire to Impeach the President and without it any attempt at Impeaching the President is doomed to fail.

I also believe that he has not actually done anything solidly impeachable at this point, but I do believe we are building steadily to some sort of major crisis that will finally show Obama for the incompetent he really is, and that incident will provide the National movement to remove him from office once and for all.  What worries me is that it will take nothing less than another terrorist attack on this Country to finally wake people the hell up, and I fear the next attack will not just be with a couple of airliners.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 03:48:05 am »

Let me ask you, Alice:
Do you think that Obama -should be- impeached, regardless of whether or not you believe that it's politically possible?
Do you believe the merits of his dereliction of duty -- particularly regarding the dissolution of the southern border -- warrant his removal from office?

Yes, Fishrrman - I do believe that Obama should be impeached - for many reasons, but I don't believe it is politically possible at this time.  I think it would end up being counterproductive.  I don't see how impeachment would remove him from office either, it didn't remove Clinton.  We've got a GOP that is scared to death of being called racist PLUS they are taking advice from the Democrats on how to win elections!  They would be putty in the Dem's hands if they tried to impeach. 

Our best hope is that we can get some more courageous people in office this Fall to bolster the few ones we do have - but I think impeachment is not going to happen the way things are now.  Right now I am praying that there will be whistle-blowers that will put it all on the line to expose the truth of what this administration is guilty of, and I'm hoping that the pressure for him to resign comes from both parties. 

Regardless, we're in trouble.  Obama & Co have devastated the US and it'll take time to come back from this.  I think we're going to see an horrendous event during the last part of his term - maybe even something comparable to 9/11.  You can't foment this much violence in the world and not expect karma to kick you in the ass HARD.     
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 05:55:52 am »
If we have to choose, where we want Latino 'n---gers' or Black 'n----gers, I will go with the Latinos' every time. I gues that makes me racist? or sort of racist? I don't know.

Black people in America are being pushed out, and it is being done by no one less than their brother, "I love Espanol"  Barack Hussein.

Screw all you White people. Screw all you Black people. I am the King now.

And I love illegal Mexicans.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:53:30 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.