Author Topic: TX Gov. Perry under Attack for Sending National Guard to Border  (Read 1101 times)

rangerrebew

TX Gov. Perry under Attack for Sending National Guard to Border

Posted 59 mins ago by Dave Jolly Filed under Amnesty, Immigration, Military, National Security

The Obama administration has done nothing but exasperate the crisis at our border with Mexico. His promise of amnesty and defying federal immigration laws by only deporting illegals with felony records has only served to increase the flow illegals flooding into our country. Erecting signs warning US citizens of the dangers near the border is not what I call securing the border.

Whenever states have taken matters into their own hands by passing tough immigration laws, the Obama administration goes after them and challenges the legality of the states’ laws. Obama won’t do the job of securing the border, but violates the states’ 10th Amendment rights to take action on their own to secure their borders.

Now we have the tidal wave of illegal unaccompanied kids sweeping across the border. Thousands of them are hitching a free ride on a US company owned and operated railroad that runs from Central America to the Texas border and nothing is being done to prevent the illegal transporting.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has had enough after members of a drug cartel on the Mexican side of the border opened fire with a .50 caliber machine gun on US Border Patrol agents on the Texas side of the border. Even though 3,000 Border Patrol agents work in the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas, Perry has repeatedly asked Obama to order up National Guard troops to help secure the border, but Obama ignores the requests. Since Obama won’t do anything, Perry has ordered 1,000 Texas National Guard troops to the border to help the Border Patrol agents there.

The difference on who orders up the National Guard troops is who will pay for them. If the federal government sends them in, then they will pay, but since Perry was forced to order them to action as governor that means Texas will have to cover the costs. However, Perry and Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott believe that they will be reimbursed by the feds in time.

Perry told the media:

"I will not stand idly by while our citizens are under assault and little children from Central America are detained in squalor."

However, Democrats in Texas and Washington have been attacking Perry for his calling up of the National Guard troops. A statement issued by the Texas Democratic Party referred to it as ‘continuing his routine of photo-op politics to further his presidential aspirations.’

The White House Press Puppet Josh Earnest commented about Perry’s actions saying:

"He thinks that the best way to do that is to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the border. It seems to me that a much more powerful symbol would be the bipartisan passage of legislation that would actually make a historic investment in border security and send an additional 20,000 personnel to the border."

Former head of the DEA in Mexico City, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio also commented about Perry’s actions, saying:

“The National Guard, they’re not going there with machine guns. … So, why can’t we send the Border Patrol or the military across the border to work in a bilateral situation? I can’t understand why they are afraid of the National Guard in the United States at the border. It doesn’t make sense.”

“But it does make sense. They don’t like anything we’re doing here.”

Arpaio also wants to know why Obama is meeting with the presidents of Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala without involving the president of Mexico:

“Why doesn’t he have a summit meeting in Mexico City where Mexico is the most critical country regarding all this? Why do we always leave Mexico out? Why isn’t the Mexican president invited to the White House also?”

After hearing that Mexican officials considered Perry’s calling of the National Guard units un-neighborly, Arpaio responded:

“If they were neighborly they would do something in Mexico and crack down on the illegal drug traffic and the illegal immigration instead of criticizing our country all the time. If you want to be a good neighbor that’s what you do.”

“I’m not criticizing Mexico in a sense, but there’s something fishy going on with this administration in bed with Mexico.”

“Help pay for our operation – that’s good neighbors.”

I’m not saying this is the case, but please consider what I’m about to suggest. Obama tried to get Congress to pass his sweeping immigration reform bill that would give amnesty and citizenship to millions of illegal aliens, but the Republican controlled House wouldn’t play ball. Then Obama used an executive order to illegally pass his own version of the DREAM Act, and still the GOP House refused to play ball with him. Then suddenly, there is this huge tidal wave of illegals including over 60,000 unaccompanied kids being transported from Mexico to the Texas border on US owned railroads and now we hear Obama using this crisis to push his immigration reform bill.

Is it also a coincidence that the two states most in news concerning the border crisis are Arizona and Texas, both run by a Republican governor and legislature? Both states have repeatedly asked Obama to visit the border and to take action to help secure the border and Obama has ignored the pleas from both GOP governors.

Obama is intentionally risking the lives and welfare of American citizens along with our national security just to get his political agenda passed which is to secure the votes of 11 million illegal citizens.

What is my solution? We have 1,954 miles of border with Mexico. Deploy 200,000 US military personnel along that border with orders to stop all illegal crossings. First they are to try to deter and force illegals to turn around. Second, they are to arrest those who won’t turn back and third, they are to stop any that resist arrest with whatever force necessary including the use of deadly force. Instead of our troops protecting other borders, have them protect ours first.

It won’t take long for word to spread that the border really is officially closed and that people will either go to prison or be shot trying to cross the border illegally. I suspect that this would drastically decrease the attempted illegal border crossings by as much as 75% in one year.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/16404/tx-gov-perry-attack-sending-national-guard-border/#kgvdJPG3vMaYOtkv.99