Author Topic: How Would Christianity Deal with Extraterrestrial Life?  (Read 5316 times)

Oceander

Re: How Would Christianity Deal with Extraterrestrial Life?
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 12:19:09 am »
I agree with diverse lifeforms in the universe. Which is why, I suppose, I love Star Trek. The original series. There was so much real science intermingled with fantasy in that series.

Can't get any more diverse than men and women - talk about two different species!!  :smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 06:41:36 am »
I agree with diverse lifeforms in the universe. Which is why, I suppose, I love Star Trek. The original series. There was so much real science intermingled with fantasy in that series.

One of the things we call God is the creator. Creators create. They can't help it, it's pretty much built in. So I assume there is other intelligent life in the universe - though you may have to argue hard to prove to me there is intelligent life here ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline evadR

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 01:55:01 pm »
One of the things we call God is the creator. Creators create. They can't help it, it's pretty much built in. So I assume there is other intelligent life in the universe - though you may have to argue hard to prove to me there is intelligent life here ....
Depends on the definition.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 02:13:13 pm »

A lot more science to back things up these days.  Consider how very recently we have discovered incredible lifeforms on our planet...living in the poisonous plumes of underwater volcanic vents.  Sulfur based life forms.  Life forms that subsist on using the heat to metabolize nutrients poisonous to us. 

Theoretical possibilities abound...life forms based on ammonia, silicon, hydrogen flouride, all kinds of wild chemistries found only in the atmospheres of gas giants.  Speculation abounds about life on several of the moons around Jupiter and Saturn here in our own system.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 02:39:52 pm »
I'll tell you one thing for sure. If we find the planet where those Green Skin Orion Dancing girls are, I'll be bending down thanking God.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:50:21 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 06:50:51 pm »
I'll tell you one thing for sure. If we find the planet where those Green Skin Orion Dancing girls are, I'll be bending down thanking God.

You mean these:

Offline evadR

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »
Definitely her. Count me in.

Offline evadR

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 06:59:28 pm »
Vina