Author Topic: NaturalNews huckster Mike Adams asks anti-GMOers to kill scientists, supporters of crop biotech  (Read 5507 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It is sad to see how many conservatives and libertarians follow Natural News, Food Babe, and other nuts of their ilk. This kind of idiocracy should be the domain of the luddite leftist woo worshiping crowds.

Science journalist Keith Kloor has been following the latest in a long string of deranged postings by natural/alternative medicine products huckster Mike Adams, the self-proclaimed ‘Health Ranger.” In his Tuesday post, in Mike Adams, Monsanto, Nazis and a very disturbing article, Kloor explains how Adams literally appears to have gone off the psychological deep end, calling for a mass uprising against agricultural biotechnology, including killing–yes, murder–of anyone–scientists, policy official or journalist–that wants to give the emerging technology a fair shake......

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/24/naturalnews-huckster-mike-adams-asks-anti-gmoers-to-kill-scientists-supporters-of-crop-biotech/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I deal with a number of these types of anti-GMO people on my Facebook friend list. (Not the kind who use Nazi imagery and want to kill people, but they do encourage lobbying.) Most are women. I've tried rebutting them now and then, and oftentimes they simply unfriend me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:28:22 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline katzenjammer

It would be a good idea to actually read the original article (http://www.naturalnews.com/046097_biotech_genocide_Monsanto_collaborators_media_sellouts.html) rather than relying on the cheap hit piece by Kloor in the OP, then you may observe that the false attribution of the sensational quote is pretty low, even for scum like Kloor.

Offline ABX

I deal with a number of these types of anti-GMO people on my Facebook friend list. (Not the kind who use Nazi imagery and want to kill people, but they do encourage lobbying.) Most are women. I've tried rebutting them now and then, and oftentimes they simply unfriend me.

I have a pretty large contingent of them on my friends list and it gets larger and larger. It usually started when they start following somebody like Food Babe for the recipes and health info and it just gets deeper and deeper into the nutjob rabbit hole. It used to be crackpots were limited to the fringes, now they are becoming the mainstream.

Oceander

Just like the anti-gluten frenzy.

Offline ABX

Looks like you can't encourage your followers to murder people without a bit of law enforcement involvement.

FBI turns up heat on Mike Adams as ‘Health Ranger’ fiasco widens, plus Adams’ archive

Last week, Mike Adams, the founder and editor of NaturalNews.com–a favorite site of Dr. Oz and anti-GMO campaigners, from Vandana Shiva to Center for Food Safetey’s Andrew Kimbrell to the Food Babe to Jeffrey Smith, but also dubbed by scientists and journalists as the number one anti-science site in cyberspace–launched an all out offensive against crop biotechnology.

Adams posted a screed on his website (since sanitized by Adams; we’ve included link to the pre-censored version) attacking supporters of genetic engineering as modern day Nazis, suggesting that anti-GMO activists should consider murdering scientists and journalists for their crimes against humanity. Adams then alerted readers to another site, Monsanto Collaborators, which was more or less a handy online list of these so-called ‘Nazi perpetrators”–aka scientists, journalists and news organizations that believe biotechnology can play a constructive role in farming–for crazies who might want to follow Adams’ marching orders and begin assassinations.....

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/28/fbi-turns-up-heat-on-mike-adams-as-health-ranger-fiasco-widens-plus-adams-archive/#.U9ZnGCiZGqw.facebook

Offline olde north church

Looks like you can't encourage your followers to murder people without a bit of law enforcement involvement.

The only GMO I could give a frig about it that abomination known as CANOLA® Oil.  Not because it's GMO but because it's a foul tasting brew with an even worse aftertaste.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

Unless you're a democrat/liberal threatening to kill your political opponents.

Offline ABX

NaturalNews’ Mike Adams’ genocidal views on GMOs mainstream among environmental activists

...It’s so not surprising that Mike Adams of the prolific anti-GMO Natural News website is resorting to calling for threats against those who support biotechnology.  He quickly set up a website, Monsanto Collaborators, hours before announcing this threat on Natural News itself.  He has been a huge proponent of fear mongering among the Hawaii anti-GMO movement here and it’s no surprise that he has a myriad of complaints being lodged against him with the FBI as a result.  This guy is an insult to most people’s intelligence but unfortunately, so many activists in Hawaii love this dude who accuses biotech of crimes against humanity and so.  Many of the anti-GMO activists here share his hate for biotechnology and if you look further about how this vile huckster has overtaken logical and rational thoughts, all you have to do is look at how well entrenched he has made himself.  Let’s take a closer look at how intertwined ALL of the anti-GMO groups are to this deranged fellow that has swamped over the internet....

http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2014/07/30/naturalnews-mike-adams-genocidal-views-on-gmos-mainstream-among-environmental-activists/