Author Topic: 'What if I decide to run?': Michele Bachmann says there's a 'chance' she could join the cadre of Republicans expected to seek the presidency in 2016  (Read 2127 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703396/Michele-Bachmann-says-theres-chance-join-cadre-Republicans-expected-seek-presidency-2016.html

Outgoing Representative Michele Bachmann joined the flurry of former Republican presidential candidates tossing their name into the ring for 2016 on Tuesday.

Bachmann told Real Clear Politics that the media has been wrong not to include her in 2016 speculation thus far because she may give the presidency another go.

'The only thing that the media has speculated on is that it’s going to be various men that are running,' she said after the poling website asked her if woman would enter the horse race. 'They haven’t speculated, for instance, that I’m going to run.

'What if I decide to run? And there’s a chance I could run,' she said.

If Bachmann did run again, she would be one of several 2012 presidential candidates seeking a do-over and one of as many as a dozen Republicans vying for her party's nomination.

Offline Carling

Just what this country needs.  An anti-vaccine kook talking about Retard Shots during a primary debate.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just what this country needs.  An anti-vaccine kook talking about Retard Shots during a primary debate.

Her, Huckabee, and a few others need to go sit at the kids table and let the adults handle things. They say the cream rises to the top, but so does other things.

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

My congressman told me recently that he's a member of the tea party caucus in the House. Bachmann is the chair. He said they never meet, so he asked Bachmann when she was going to schedule a meeting. Her reply was more or less a snippy, "We'll meet when I say we'll meet."

Even a staunch tea partier like me wishes she'd stop this nonsense and just do her job.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

I'd like to date her – but, Presidential? I think not.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The political left can connect her to her husband, and social conservatism, and connect that to the Tea Party.

And that damages the Tea Party image and effectiveness, compared and contrasted to the movement's original premise.

That premise was to stay well clear of the social issues, and focus on fiscal issues.

But with Bachmann as the head of the Tea Party caucus, it is impossible to follow that premise, considering her husband says he can convert homosexuals into heterosexuals.

This makes the job of the left too easy, and costs the  movement votes they might otherwise gain.

So it is too bad they let her be the head in the House. Now she is running for President again, or threatening to run, like others that have effectively taken up entertainment as their new field (Palin, Gingrich, Buchanan, Keyes, Santorum, Huckabee, etc.)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline PzLdr

More f*uckin' retreads than a B.F. Goodrich plant. Cheez!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Relic

I've heard that it's financially lucrative for these idiots to run for president.

I don't know the mechanism, but if it's true, it has to be corrected. Bachmann is a train wreck.

Oceander

I've heard that it's financially lucrative for these idiots to run for president.

I don't know the mechanism, but if it's true, it has to be corrected. Bachmann is a train wreck.

Agreed.

Offline ABX

Very much so. There are financial gimmicks that basically pay for a very lavish lifestyle all on the party and donors dimes. Even their homes are paid for simply by setting up an office in it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
What if she decides to run?

She will almost certainly lose.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

What if she decides to run?

She will almost certainly lose.
Not if "winning" is defined as personal, financial benefit.

Question: How to get years of speaking engagements, book offers, television appearances, etc.?

Answer: State that you might run for President.

Buchanan, Palin, Santorum, Huckabee, Trump, for examples.

Offline kevindavis007

Not if "winning" is defined as personal, financial benefit.

Question: How to get years of speaking engagements, book offers, television appearances, etc.?

Answer: State that you might run for President.

Buchanan, Palin, Santorum, Huckabee, Trump, for examples.

I should do it make some cash..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Relic

I should do it make some cash..

If Michael Sam is the current model, claim to be gay. You'd have to be nominated, else it's discrimination. The media would have a breakdown trying to figure out how to deal with an openly gay Republican.

Offline kevindavis007

If Michael Sam is the current model, claim to be gay. You'd have to be nominated, else it's discrimination. The media would have a breakdown trying to figure out how to deal with an openly gay Republican.

I don't think the Mrs would like it... Well I can claim to be a male lesbian..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:31:18 am by kevindavis »

Offline ABX

Or make up a completely new orientation and claim bigotry from everyone for any action they take.

Offline kevindavis007

Or make up a completely new orientation and claim bigotry from everyone for any action they take.

How about if I'm claimed to be a reincarnation of say George Washington..

Offline ABX

How about if I'm claimed to be a reincarnation of say George Washington..

Heck, one of the biggest Democrat donors claims to be the reincarnation of a 35 thousand year old Atlantian.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/05/09/democrats-again-under-fire-over-jz-knight-donations/

Offline kevindavis007

Heck, one of the biggest Democrat donors claims to be the reincarnation of a 35 thousand year old Atlantian.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/politicsnorthwest/2014/05/09/democrats-again-under-fire-over-jz-knight-donations/

or I could go the Alan Keyes route.. Try to run, and fail then start a loser third party...

Offline truth_seeker

or I could go the Alan Keyes route.. Try to run, and fail then start a loser third party...
That is a pretty well worn pathway. Buchanan, Perot, John Anderson, Gary Johnson, obviously Keyes, etc. Palin has hinted at a 3rd party.

Offline kevindavis007

That is a pretty well worn pathway. Buchanan, Perot, John Anderson, Gary Johnson, obviously Keyes, etc. Palin has hinted at a 3rd party.

So I'm out of options then..