Author Topic: Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul to undergo FGM, says UN  (Read 712 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/24/isis-women-girls-fgm-mosul-un

Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul to undergo FGM, says UN
UN says 'fatwa' issued by militant group in and around Iraqi city could affect 4 million

Reuters in Geneva
theguardian.com, Thursday 24 July 2014 08.19 EDT

The militant group Islamic State (Isis) has ordered all girls and women in and around Iraq's northern city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, the United Nations says.

The "fatwa" issued by the Sunni Muslim fighters would potentially affect 4 million women and girls, the UN resident and humanitarian coordinator in Iraq, Jacqueline Badcock, told reporters in Geneva by videolink from Irbil.

"This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed," she said.

"This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists," she added.

No one was immediately available for comment from Isis, which has led an offensive through northern and western Iraq.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Isis orders all women and girls in Mosul to undergo FGM, says UN
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:20:50 pm »
Code Pink is right now assembling a phalanx of militant women ready to descend on ISIS and protect these women.  Right?  Right?  How come I hear only crickets from libs/progs?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:52:46 pm »
Code Pink is right now assembling a phalanx of militant women ready to descend on ISIS and protect these women.  Right?  Right?  How come I hear only crickets from libs/progs?

They don't like getting any closer than Morocco. Liberals are easily frightened.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:09:24 pm »
Four million women. 

Hello you lying hypocritical progressive haters!  THIS is a for-REAL War. On. Women.

Why don't you have the young impressionable people in your "Advance Women Studies" classrooms out on every campus and in front of every camera - FOR GOD'S SAKE - where is the damn hashtag campaign???????
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 03:18:33 pm »
Liberals are cowards.
They only attack those that they are sure won't attack them back. muslims scare the crap out of them, so liberals give them a wide berth.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 03:53:16 pm »
Four million women. 

Hello you lying hypocritical progressive haters!  THIS is a for-REAL War. On. Women.

Why don't you have the young impressionable people in your "Advance Women Studies" classrooms out on every campus and in front of every camera - FOR GOD'S SAKE - where is the damn hashtag campaign???????

#RealFaceOfMainstreamIslam

:smokin:

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28466434

Isis 'ordering female genital mutilation' in Iraq - UN

All females aged 11 and 46 in the northern city must undergo the procedure, according to an Isis edict, UN official Jacqueline Badcock said.

She said the unprecedented decree was of grave concern.

Some bloggers suggest that the edict, or fatwa, may be a fabrication aimed at discrediting Isis.

Iraq is facing a radical Isis-led insurgency, with Mosul and other cities in the north-west under militant control.

The ritual cutting of girls' genitals is practised by some African, Middle Eastern and Asian communities in the belief it prepares them for adulthood or marriage.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 04:16:07 pm »
Will we hear from Mavis Leno? She has been vocal about this in the past.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 06:30:24 pm »

Because they are tolerant of other opinions and values and we are not when we say this is wrong.

You see, FMG is just another way of looking at things and we must be TOLERANT, and not critical.

Don't you get it?   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »
Because they are tolerant of other opinions and values and we are not when we say this is wrong.

You see, FMG is just another way of looking at things and we must be TOLERANT, and not critical.

Don't you get it?   :smokin:

:silly:

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 07:21:52 pm »
BBC is reporting it may be a fake.  Let's hope so.  The women there have a tough enough time with these horrors on top of it.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:10 pm »

It is because 'libs/progs' are in a defacto alliance with radical Islam. They find common ground in that they both want to tear down the world by any means necessary.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.