Author Topic: Obama: Americans don’t have time to think about Benghazi, Obamacare  (Read 344 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/23/obama-says-public-not-familiar-enough-issues/print/

By Ben Wolfgang

-

The Washington Times

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

President Obama told Democratic donors Wednesday night that most Americans don't have time to think about the details of the Benghazi terrorist attack or the problems with Obamacare.

Speaking at a fundraiser at the Los Angeles home of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scandal" creator Shonda Rhimes, the president took his usual shots at the Republican Party, suggesting its members are focused on the wrong issues and frequently "obfuscate and they bamboozle and sometimes don't say what's true."

Furthermore, the president said, Americans cannot be bothered with the GOP's focus on the Benghazi attack and the administration's response to it, or with the rampant problems and constant changes to Mr. Obama's signature health-care reform law.

"Over time, they start thinking, 'you know what, all politicians are the same.' And most folks don't have the time to sort out all the intricacies of Obamacare or Benghazi, or this or that. They don't have time for that," he said. "All they know is it's not working for them. And so people then pull out and they drop out, and they don't work. And that further entrenches those who are protecting an unjust status quo."

Mr. Obama added that "the Republican Party has been taken over by people who just don't believe in government."

The president was introduced by Ms. Rhimes and by actress Kerry Washington, an outspoken supporter of the president who worked on his re-election campaign.

Seeking to rally Democratic voters ahead of the crucial midterm elections, Mr. Obama said there's no time to be discouraged over the lack of progress in recent years.

He invoked the Civil War and the 1960s Civil Rights Act in trying to convince voters that it often takes time to accomplish big things.

"At each juncture, someone could've said, 'this is too hard,'" Mr. Obama said. "I've got two years left in this presidency. I want to get a whole bunch of stuff done."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Translation:  The American people are so stupid that they don't care about anything important, and I'm going to take the next two years to continue to lie and break the law in order to destroy the country I hate, and nobody can stop me.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline speekinout

Mr. Obama added that "the Republican Party has been taken over by people who just don't believe in government."

I hope so!  :smokin:

Offline Relic

Translation:  The American people are so stupid that they don't care about anything important, and I'm going to take the next two years to continue to lie and break the law in order to destroy the country I hate, and nobody can stop me.

Sadly, that's it.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I hope so!  :smokin:

Yeah, that bit kind of made me face palm. Captain Obvious strikes again.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates