Author Topic: Sudanese Christian woman spared death sentence for apostasy flown to Italy  (Read 499 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/24/sudanese-christian-woman-spared-death-sentence-for-apostasy-flown-to-italy/

Sudanese Christian woman spared death sentence for apostasy flown to Italy
Published July 24, 2014FoxNews.com

Meriam Ibrahim, the Sudanese Christian woman who faced a death sentence for refusing to renounce her faith, has been flown to Italy on an Italian government jet, accompanied by that country's vice-minister for foreign affairs.

Reuters reported that Italian television broadcast images of Ibrahim, 27, arriving at Rome's Ciampino airport accompanied by her family and Italian politician Lapo Pistelli. Earlier, Pistelli had posted a picture on his Facebook page depicting himself with Ibrahim and her two children. The caption, translated from Italian, read "With Meriam, Maya, Martin and [Ibrahim's husband] Daniel, a few minutes from Rome. Mission accomplished."

Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi was among those who greeted the plane, calling it "a day of celebration."

Pistelli told The Daily Telegraph that Ibrahim and her family were due to fly to the United States in a few days. The minister also said that the family would be given an audience with Pope Francis.

Ibrahim had spent more than a month at the American Embassy in Khartoum after a previous attempt to leave Sudan was halted by that country's authorities. They said she had attempted to use false travel documents, a claim Ibrahim denied.

Last month, Sudan's Supreme Court threw out the death sentence Ibrahim had received for refusing to renounce her Christian faith. Ibrahim's father, a Muslim, claimed she had abandoned Islam and committed adultery with her husband Daniel Wani, a U.S. citizen who lives in New Hampshire. However, Ibrahim insisted that she had been raised Christian by her Ehiopian Orthodox mother after her father left the family when she was still young.

Pistelli told the Associated Press that Italy had leveraged its historic ties within the Horn of Africa region to help win her release, though the specifics were not immediately clear. Ibrahim's lawyer, Mohaned Mostafa, told Reuters that he had not been aware of her departure.

"I don't know anything about such news but so far the complaint that was filed against Mariam and which prevents her from travelling from Sudan has not been cancelled," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

And the Obama administration did nothing to help, even though her husband is a US citizen.

Just one of the many shameful things the punk has done............or in this case, NOT done.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I'm so glad you posted this Mystery, I've been worried about her and her family.  It looks like she is safe for now.  I wonder if they will be coming back to the US - I wouldn't put it past Obama to turn her back in to the Sudanese monsters and their death cult.   

May her father burn in hell for turning his daughter in to a death sentence.  Every day that goes by, I'm having a harder and harder time believing that Islam is a "religion of peace".  These so-called moderates in the cult - they are no better than the radicals and they have the blood of so many on their hands too.  The time for these people to stand up is long past the expiration date.  Shame on them.

Thank you Italy - thank you for doing what our POS president would not do.  My revulsion for him knows no bounds. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline raml

First there is no such thing as a moderate person who follows Islam the Koran forbids them to be. Second her family is visiting with the Pope right now but will be coming home to the US in a few days according to her husband.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
First there is no such thing as a moderate person who follows Islam the Koran forbids them to be. Second her family is visiting with the Pope right now but will be coming home to the US in a few days according to her husband.

I tend to agree with that.  The Bible says, "By their fruits you shall know them", and the fruit of Islam is Death (with a capital D). 

I hope she and her family will be safe here in the US, and that they will be able to live their lives without always looking over their shoulders. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

The baby born on a prison floor to a mother in shackles is blessed by the Pope: Sudanese woman who was put on death row for marrying a Christian meets Francis after traveling to Rome

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2703975/Sudanese-mother-death-row-marrying-Christian-travels-Rome-guest-Italian-government.html

Oceander

Thank God!  Finally a modicum of justice in this unjust world.