Author Topic: Armed Robber Suing Pizzeria Victims For Beating Him Up  (Read 617 times)

rangerrebew

Armed Robber Suing Pizzeria Victims For Beating Him Up
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:23:41 pm »

Armed Robber Suing Pizzeria Victims For Beating Him Up

by Whoopie • 23 July, 2014 • Crime, Food, Humor, WTF • 0 Comments

Nigel Sykes Wanted pizza dough but got just desserts instead…

The first time Nigel Sykes tried to get money from the Seasons Pizza in Newport, he did it with a gun, forcing his way into the business through the back door.

This time, Sykes is trying to get money from the pizzeria by suing the employees who tackled him and wrestled his gun away during the robbery.

Sykes alleges assault in a federal civil complaint claiming the rough treatment was “unnecessary” and that as a result of the injuries he suffered during his attempted hold-up, he is due over $260,000.

Read much more:

In this lawsuit our homeboy Nigel (aged 23) who’s currently serving a 15 year sentence for armed robbery, admits that he broke in the back door of the pizzeria and was brandishing a loaded gun.

But then some employee grabbed him from behind, they took his gun (which went off during the struggle) and then all the employees joined in punching, kicking and pouring hot soup on his body until he lost consciousness.

To add insult to injury, he said he came to as he was being handcuffed and the cops tasered him. He also alleges that the cops ignored his pleas to take him to the hospital for 8 hours. How rude!

Now you might think this jailhouse lawsuit is just plain silly but Perfesser Sykes’ claimed in a previous lawsuit that he was setup. You see, he says some unknown guy robbed him at gunpoint, then gave him the gun and ordered him to go rob the pizzeria.

So you see, he wasn’t responsible for his actions (I was only following orders).

In that lawsuit (which was dismissed without comment but a whole lot of chuckles) he said the employees beat him with pots and pans and that they used excessive and un-necessary force to subdue him.

Actually I think the reason nobody is taking his lawsuits seriously is because he’s not asking for enough money. I think he should demand 50 gazillion dollars and 49 cents.

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/armed-robber-suing-pizzeria-victims-for-beating-him-up/#ggqHLmbhm4KPKgc6.99
Read more at http://blurbrain.com/armed-robber-suing-pizzeria-victims-for-beating-him-up/#ggqHLmbhm4KPKgc6.99

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:24:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Armed Robber Suing Pizzeria Victims For Beating Him Up
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 11:30:37 pm »
The original story is here:  http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/local/2014/07/21/man-sues-pizzeria-thwarting-robbery-attempt/12967647/

Unfortunately, the judge with the case doesn't seem to be considering the entire farce:

Normally lawsuits like this are tossed out after a brief review by the court. And while U.S. District Judge Sue L. Robinson tossed out several of Sykes' claims, she allowed the case to move forward against the pizza employees, two arresting officers and Seasons.

More of the story:

In his self-written complaint, Sykes admits, "I committed a robbery at Seasons Pizza" on Maryland Ave. on Nov. 30, 2010, just before 8 p.m. He admits he "displayed" a handgun and that an employee – a delivery driver and one of the named defendants – "handed me $140."

He says he then started to make his way forward in the store when a different employee grabbed him from behind and other employees wrestled the gun from him, with at least one shot being fired during the struggle.

"That is when the assault began," according to Sykes' suit. "All of the Season's Pizza employees participated in punching, kicking and pouring hot soup over my body. I was unarmed and defenseless and had to suffer a brutal beating by all of the employees of Seasons Pizza," he wrote, adding the beating knocked him unconscious.

more:

Sykes demands $20,000 each from six Seasons employees, $20,000 from each of the two arresting officers and $100,000 from Seasons.

Employees at Seasons remember the robbery and said one employee was shaken up by it for a long time. In the restaurant's kitchen, they still have a trash can that was hit by a bullet from Sykes gun and someone wrote the name of the employee who was narrowly missed by the shot over the bullet hole.

and finally:

At the time of his 2010 arrest, police said Sykes was linked to at least eight other robberies including a bank, three other pizzerias, two fast food restaurants and two convenience stores.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:30:56 pm by Oceander »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:09:22 am »
The lesson here is, next time, beat his ass harder.  He obviously didn't get the message the first time, so that tells me they were way too easy on him.

I think its time for a bastinado revival.....but that's just the cynic in me talking.....

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 04:37:33 am »
I don't like criticizing. Glass houses and all that. But sometimes the US is just bleep odd.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 04:53:34 am »
I don't like criticizing. Glass houses and all that. But sometimes the US is just bleeping odd.

Just sometimes?   :10444:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 09:19:03 am »
If some crap for brains attorney hadn't taken the case in the first place, this would not have been posted.