Author Topic: Egypt media applaud tough security check on John Kerry  (Read 410 times)

Offline flowers

Egypt media applaud tough security check on John Kerry
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:08:13 pm »

The top US diplomat is usually treated with every courtesy in Cairo, but the front-page coverage in both private and state-owned papers hovers between factual reports and applause, describing the check with a hand-held metal detector as a "surprise" and saying that Mr Kerry had had to "comply" with orders of the security officers.

A note of pride can also be detected in the headlines.

"Checking Kerry at the doors of 'al-Ittihadiyah'," announces private daily Al-Tahrir. The report mentions twice that "Kerry and his team complied" with the procedures.

Similarly, privately-owned daily Al-Dustur's headline proclaims in red letters: "A heavy surprise: John Kerry subject to strict inspection procedures before his meeting with Al-Sisi".

The paper complements the report with a photo showing Kerry passing through the security scanner at the doors of Al-Ittihadiyah Palace.

And, again in red ink, private daily Al-Yawm al-Sabi adds to its headline: "Bravo Sisi"

State-owned newspapers echo their private brethren: "Checking Kerry and his aides before meeting Al-Sisi", daily Al-Akhbar's headline says.

Oceander

Re: Egypt media applaud tough security check on John Kerry
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »
one more indicator of the level of respect the world now has for the United States, all courtesy of Barack "eff up" Obama.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 02:14:58 am »
Laughing and crying at the same time.

What a pathetic bunch of losers are 'leading' us right now....  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 10:23:26 am »
one more indicator of the level of respect the world now has for the United States, all courtesy of Barack "eff up" Obama.

Nah - it was only a metal detector. I'm pretty sure they just wanted to make sure he's not a robot.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink