Author Topic: Tale of the Tapes: IRS head confirms investigators have found backup tapes in Lerner probe  (Read 605 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Tale of the Tapes: IRS head confirms investigators have found backup tapes in Lerner probe

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/23/tale-tapes-irs-head-confirms-investigators-have-found-backup-tapes-in-lerner/

The head of the IRS confirmed Wednesday that investigators looking into missing emails from ex-agency official Lois Lerner have found and are reviewing "backup tapes" -- despite earlier IRS claims that the tapes had been recycled.

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, testifying before a House oversight subcommittee, stressed that he does not know "how they found them" or "whether there's anything on them or not." But he said the inspector general's office advised him the investigators are reviewing tapes to see if they contain any "recoverable" material.

snip

I happen to think some underlings are not willing to go to federal prison, to protect Obama or Lerner.

Halderman, Erlichman, Dean, Mitchell and Segretti come readily to mind.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.

All 'found' hard drives should be discounted as tampered with.

....especially if the IRS head states that "backups have been found".

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

how convenient.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Even if there are backup tapes, they will be scrubbed by the power of Obama and his crew. I would guess they have already been scrubbed. How great would it be for Obama if the Lois Lerner emails to turn up, and all they talk about is puppy dogs, rainbows, and flower arrangements?

This could be a big setup by the regime. And it could all very well be fake.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

Even if there are backup tapes, they will be scrubbed by the power of Obama and his crew. I would guess they have already been scrubbed. How great would it be for Obama if the Lois Lerner emails to turn up, and all they talk about is puppy dogs, rainbows, and flower arrangements?

can't discount that possibility as of now.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

IF they show up at all that is exactly what will be found!

NO Way are they going to release anything incriminating at this point in the game!

ONLY way to fix this to make the IRS go away permanently!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:40:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien