Author Topic: Deal close to keep 'The Late Show' in NYC after CBS pays Governor Cuomo $45k in campaign contributions  (Read 264 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:56:25 AM by jmyrlefuller »
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:15:50 PM »
And it appears $45,000 is a small price to pay for... $16 million in state tax breaks:

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2014/07/8549496/tax-credits-hand-colberts-late-show-stay-new-york

Staffers for Colbert were told that the show was expected to remain in New York, though CBS was angling for tax credits before making anything official. Sure enough, the deal announced Wednesday includes $11 million in tax credits, spread over five years, as well as a grant worth up to $5 million for renovations at the Ed Sullivan Theater.
Quote of the month:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf