Author Topic: Why Are Nearly Half the Voters Still Slobbering Over Obama? by Bernard Goldberg  (Read 1977 times)

Oceander

Yeah if only things were that easy.  But we do know that the Dems will put their money on the racism, sexism and homophobia memes.  They will also take anything questionable said by any GOP candidate and spread it over the entire election.  It has worked in the past and given that Obama has really nothing to brag about for his 5 1/2 years, this will be the main thrust in '14 and likely in '16.  And of course we now know that immigration reform may well be the only "positive" issue the Dems have.

But the Republicans have plenty of issues to focus on.  2014 though, IMHO, could be very problematic if the rancor and even hostility reflected here of late is representative of the GOP in general.

with all due respect, it seems to me that your concern over the rancor and hostility here (of late) is misplaced; there is a lot more unanimity here when it comes to practical matters than when it comes to discussion topics.

Offline Relic

with all due respect, it seems to me that your concern over the rancor and hostility here (of late) is misplaced; there is a lot more unanimity here when it comes to practical matters than when it comes to discussion topics.

It seems to me, just my observation, that the establishment types are angered and disgusted by anyone who won't back the party, simply because it is the party.

I absolutely hate what Democrats stand for.

I absolutely hate what Republicans won't stand for.

Oceander

It seems to me, just my observation, that the establishment types are angered and disgusted by anyone who won't back the party, simply because it is the party.

I absolutely hate what Democrats stand for.

I absolutely hate what Republicans won't stand for.

and yet you still live in a world where your only to practical choices are democrat or republican, and if you don't go republican than you have as good as gone democrat.

Offline Relic

and yet you still live in a world where your only to practical choices are democrat or republican, and if you don't go republican than you have as good as gone democrat.

And I am in the camp that says, often that is a difference with no distinction.

Offline MACVSOG68

The name-calling I saw in discussions involving the elections didn't speak of unanimity.  I saw the beginnings of the same internecine altercations the Party experienced in the lead-up to the last two presidential elections.  Lately the GOP does as much to effect its defeat as does the opposition.

We have differences, but we also all have principles. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Oceander

The name-calling I saw in discussions involving the elections didn't speak of unanimity.  I saw the beginnings of the same internecine altercations the Party experienced in the lead-up to the last two presidential elections.  Lately the GOP does as much to effect its defeat as does the opposition.

We have differences, but we also all have principles. 

I never said there was unanimity; please don't put words in my mouth.  There is more disagreement here than mere name-calling; nonetheless, when it comes to practical things such as how people in fact cast their votes there is more agreement than not.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:13:53 pm by Oceander »

Offline MACVSOG68

I never said there was unanimity; please don't put words in my mouth.  There is more disagreement here than mere name-calling; nonetheless, when it comes to practical things such as how people in fact cast their votes there is more agreement than not.

Sorry Ocean.  You talked about unanimity.  And I simply drew some analogies to earlier elections and what we're seeing here and elsewhere in conservative circles.  Casting votes is obviously what the discussion is about.  But I think I've offended enough folks for one day.   :beer:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!