Author Topic: Afghan Girl, 10, Slated for Honor Killing After Being Raped  (Read 276 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online musiclady

Re: Afghan Girl, 10, Slated for Honor Killing After Being Raped
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:03:41 PM »
The shelter, which is one of seven in Afghanistan, is perceived as a tool of the Americans to destroy traditional Afghani culture.

Just think of the implications of this statement!  It's astounding that protecting a child from rape and murder is 'destroying traditional Afghani culture.'

Just for the record.................all religions are NOT the same.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »
music lady wrote above:
[[ Just think of the implications of this statement!  It's astounding that protecting a child from rape and murder is 'destroying traditional Afghani culture.' ]]

The only way we (of The West) might have prevailed in Afghanistan would have been by "destroying [the] traditional Afghani culture" -- and having done so, replacing it with Western Christian culture.

Same for Iraq.

I don't particularly care for Anne Coulter, but she spoke some of the most important words soon after the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks:
"Invade their countries. Kill their leaders. Convert them to Christianity."

We tried the first two recommendations.
But we failed in both countries because our leaders could not confront the third one.

Addendum:
And of course you're right -- all religions are NOT "the same".
At least one "religion" isn't even a religion, but a system of political and social control cloaked beneath the burqha of "religion". No need to state which one that is...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:24:53 PM by Fishrrman »

Online musiclady

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
The point where I disagree with you, Fishrrman, is with Iraq.

I've said it elsewhere, but I believe there was, in Iraq, the potential for a stable state, such as exists in Jordan and Turkey.  I believe that the collapse was due solely to the withdrawal of all our troops, removing any chance for stability.

Afghanistan is a different animal altogether.  They will, IMO, always be tribal and brutal, and there was nearly zero chance to help them become anything other than what they are.

Your assessment of Islam is accurate.  It's entire history is soaked in blood, from its violent founder to its terrorist present.

It is most certainly NOT just "another road to heaven."
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:53:49 PM »
Wish I could buy a plane ticket there and shoot that Mullah myself.

The entire Muslim world appears insane.

Furthermore, if they can take hundreds of thousand of Central American children under the guise of the sex trade, they sure as heck could off the child asylum here.

What parent wouldn't choose that instead of killing their own child?   Jesus H. Christ.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 05:34:03 AM »
music lady wrote above:
[[ Just think of the implications of this statement!  It's astounding that protecting a child from rape and murder is 'destroying traditional Afghani culture.' ]]

The only way we (of The West) might have prevailed in Afghanistan would have been by "destroying [the] traditional Afghani culture" -- and having done so, replacing it with Western Christian culture.

Same for Iraq.

I don't particularly care for Anne Coulter, but she spoke some of the most important words soon after the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks:
"Invade their countries. Kill their leaders. Convert them to Christianity."

We tried the first two recommendations.
But we failed in both countries because our leaders could not confront the third one.

Addendum:
And of course you're right -- all religions are NOT "the same".
At least one "religion" isn't even a religion, but a system of political and social control cloaked beneath the burqha of "religion". No need to state which one that is...

We usually agree on problems yet disagree on tactics.  :shrug:

I'd not convert them. Imposing a belief system is not our way - that's what the fanatics do. I am more fond of using their own tactics against them. Frighten them so hard that their grand children won't dare try anything.

Go in, hit hard fast and without pity. Make sure you leave one alive to spread the word. Rinse and repeat. It costs, sure. You are going to lose people. Good people - though they ain't no saints most of the time. Look at the current Israeli tactics in Gaza. Lifted directly out of the playbook of the Roman Empire. One of ours gets 10 of yours killed.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf