Author Topic: WH: We Haven't Changed the President's Schedule Amid Crises Because it Might Scare People  (Read 427 times)

Offline flowers

Offline flowers

MSNBC hosts laugh at Obama's excuse for not cancelling fundraisers

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdMfB1mDt3g&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdMfB1mDt3g&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

the look on that woman's  face at 22 sec in is funny.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Recall during the 911 attacks, when Bush waited to finish the story so he did not alarm those young school kids, and how much heat he still gets for it....

Recall Cindy Sheehan and her long tantrum outside the Western White House in Crawford.

Screaming double standard, as usual.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:47:20 PM by Chieftain »

Offline IZZY ANN

Offline flowers

I find it interesting at times what this white house responds  to. This is such a time. Why even say anything?

Offline mountaineer

Looks like they've abandoned any pretense that he's working. Today's schedule:

9:20 am || Attends a fundraiser for House Democrats; Four Seasons, San Francisco
Noon || Attends a second fundraiser for House Democrats; private residence, Los Altos Hills, California
1:20 pm || Departs San Fransisco
2:30 pm || Arrives Los Angeles
4:55 pm || Attends a DNC fundraiser; private residence, Los Angeles

All times Pacific

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:49:54 PM by mountaineer »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline musiclady

Recall during the 911 attacks, when Bush waited to finish the story so he did not alarm those young school kids, and how much heat he still gets for it....

Recall Cindy Sheehan and her long tantrum outside the Western White House in Crawford.

Screaming double standard, as usual.

The double standard is breath-taking.

And yes, Bush STILL gets grief for waiting those few seconds to respond so he didn't scare the little kids.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Fishrrman

mountaineer wrote above:
[[ Looks like they've abandoned any pretense that he's working. Today's schedule: ]]

Rhetorical question:
Can a president essentially "retire from office" while still in office?

Looks to be what Obama is doing...

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
mountaineer wrote above:
[[ Looks like they've abandoned any pretense that he's working. Today's schedule: ]]

Rhetorical question:
Can a president essentially "retire from office" while still in office?

Looks to be what Obama is doing...

Eisenhower spent most of his term playing golf, but he was coming off of winning WWII, and did not face anywhere near the problems we face now.

Obama looks bored and is ready to move on to his next office.  Word on the street is he has his eyes on Secretary General of the United Nations.

No kidding.

Offline speekinout

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
What scares me is a president who can't change his schedule one whit to respond to changing circumstances.  Reminds me of the Titanic:  full speed ahead and maintain course, notwithstanding that the surrounding seas are full of ice.

Offline mountaineer

What scares me is a president who can't change his schedule one whit to respond to changing circumstances.  Reminds me of the Titanic:  full speed ahead and maintain course, notwithstanding that the surrounding seas are full of ice.
It's an imperial presidency. No one tells him (er, Valerie) what to do.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf