Author Topic: Obama: Biden would be ‘superb president’  (Read 1461 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Biden would be ‘superb president’
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:04:34 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/212800-obama-biden-would-be-superb-president

Obama: Biden would be ‘superb president’

By Justin Sink - 07/21/14 09:00 AM EDT

Vice President Biden would be “a superb president,” President Obama said in an interview published Monday.

“He has seen the job up close, he knows what the job entails,” Obama told The New Yorker.

“He understands how to separate what’s really important from what’s less important. I think he’s got great people skills,” Obama said. “He enjoys politics, and he’s got important relationships up on the Hill that would serve him well.”

The question for both Biden and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Obama said, is whether they actually want to run for president, something he described as a “pretty undignifying process.”

“I think that, for both Joe and for Hillary, they’ve already accomplished an awful lot in their lives,” Obama said. “The question is, do they, at this phase in their lives, want to go through the pretty undignifying process of running all over again.”

The president’s interview was included in a broader profile of Biden featured in this week’s issue of the magazine.

Of Biden, Obama said: “He has seen the job up close, he knows what the job entails.

“He understands how to separate what’s really important from what’s less important. I think he’s got great people skills. He enjoys politics, and he’s got important relationships up on the Hill that would serve him well.”

But, the president said, “you have to have that fire in the belly, which is a question that only Joe can answer himself.”

Obama added he was “very grateful” that Biden had “not let that question infect our relationship or how he has operated as Vice-President.”

“He continues to be extraordinarily loyal. He continues to take on big assignments that may not have a huge political upside,” the president continued, pointing to Biden’s recent trip to Ukraine as an important diplomatic moment for the administration.

“World leaders can transmit directly to him their thoughts about how we proceed. That’s not necessarily helping him in Iowa.”

Biden openly flirts with the prospect of a presidential run during his interviews for the profile. He says the primary factors he will consider are his chances, ability to organize, and the support of his family.

Clinton is seen as the favorite for the 2016 Democratic nomination if she chooses to run. Both Biden and Clinton were beaten by Obama in the 2008 race.

The vice president said he could not wait to debate foreign policy criticism levied by former Defense Secretary Bob Gates “either in a Presidential campaign or when I’m out of here.”

And Biden says no matter what his decision, he plans to travel to early-voting primary states to support Democratic candidates.

“I’m going to be in Iowa, I’m going to be in New Hampshire, I’m going to be in Nevada, I’m going to be in all those early states. Not by design. They’re the toughest races!”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: Obama: Biden would be ‘superb president’
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:13:44 pm »
Compared to Obama? Couldn't be worse. And by Obama's self -  delusional standard, that's superb.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:18:04 pm »
:bigsilly:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:30:39 pm »
 :thud:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 04:57:48 pm »
“He has seen the job up close, he knows what the job entails,” Obama told The New Yorker.
The same probably could be said of the guy who empties the White House waste baskets.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »
The same probably could be said of the guy who empties the White House waste baskets.

Except that guy doesn't fly home on Air Force Two every weekend.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:50:15 pm »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:54:56 pm »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 06:57:11 pm »

:beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 01:08:40 am »
I will state this unequivocally:

If Obama were to resign or be impeached and leave office tomorrow, and if Joe Biden became president, I'd feel much more comfortable about the next two years.

At least we'd have someone as president who (I sense) actually -likes- America and Americans, rather than someone who seems to be uncomfortable being called "American" and who seems to loathe the country and many of its people.

And even more importantly -- we'd have the real "president" out of her office in the White House, as well.

To be honest, I'd rather have Joe there than Hillary, or Lieawatha...

I guess that ain't sayin' a lot...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:10:02 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 01:22:25 am »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 01:36:44 am »

:beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 11:43:02 am »
I will state this unequivocally:

If Obama were to resign or be impeached and leave office tomorrow, and if Joe Biden became president, I'd feel much more comfortable about the next two years.

At least we'd have someone as president who (I sense) actually -likes- America and Americans, rather than someone who seems to be uncomfortable being called "American" and who seems to loathe the country and many of its people.
Yes, there's that.  Joe's an idiot, to be sure, but probably wouldn't be making all these extremist left-wing stupid remarks if he weren't taking Obama's lead. Left to his own devices, who knows what he'd do, but (here we go again) it couldn't be any worse than what President ValJar and Obummer have been doing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »
Profile of Biden in the reliably pro-Democrat New Yorker magazine pretty much confirms what most of us think of him.
... The trials facing the President and the Vice-President, who are separated by nineteen years and a canyon in style, have brought them closer than many expected—not least of all themselves. John Marttila, one of Biden’s political advisers, told me, “Joe and Barack were having lunch, and Obama said to Biden, ‘You and I are becoming good friends! I find that very surprising.’ And Joe says, ‘You’re bleep surprised!’ ”  ...