Author Topic: White House: Major International Crises No Reason To Stop Fundraising  (Read 2139 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/21/white-house-international-crises-no-reason-to-stop-fundraising/?print=1

White House: Major International Crises No Reason To Stop Fundraising
Posted By Tristyn Bloom On 2:40 PM 07/21/2014

White House spokesman Josh Earnest affirmed Monday that the president won’t cancel any of his fundraising events this week despite the major international crises in Israel and Ukraine.

President Barack Obama, who was criticized last week for conducting a burger joint photo op while the downed Malaysian airliner was still smoldering on the ground, will be conducting a series of fundraisers on the west coast in the coming days.

When asked whether the White House was “concerned about the image that the president is going to be sending later this week — that he’s on fundraising trips while these two crises are going on at the same time,” Earnest replied that Obama can do his job “from the road” and that they won’t cancel any of his events.

“When the president travels he travels with an array of staff and advisers and communications equipment that allows him to do his job from where ever he happens to be, and that will be the case this week when he’s traveling,” he explained. “We want to make sure that the president has everything he needs to fulfill his responsibilities as the commander in chief and if it becomes clear that there is a need for him to come back to the White House in order to fulfill those functions then we’ll make a change in his schedule. Right now it’s not apparent that that’s the case.”

“It is rarely a good idea to return to the White House just for show, when the situation can be handled responsibly from the road,” White House communications director Jennifer Palmieri said Saturday. “Abrupt changes to his schedule can have the unintended consequence of unduly alarming the American people or creating a false sense of crisis.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

“When the president travels he travels with an array of staff and advisers and communications equipment that allows him to do his job from where ever he happens to be, and that will be the case this week when he’s traveling,” he explained. “We want to make sure that the president has everything he needs to fulfill his responsibilities as the commander in chief and if it becomes clear that there is a need for him to come back to the White House in order to fulfill those functions then we’ll make a change in his schedule. Right now it’s not apparent that that’s the case.”
Too bad Obama's supporters don't grasp this when they're criticizing Dubya and other past Republican presidents for taking vacations.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Too bad Obama's supporters don't grasp this when they're criticizing Dubya and other past Republican presidents for taking vacations.

Exactly.  Where the hell is Cindy Sheehan when O is out golfing, munching burgers and BBQ, shooting pool and drinking beer?? 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Poor sad Bam.  The White House just announced that they will not be doing the Jimmy Kimmel show this week after all.........

:smokin:

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

I think both sides are a little ridiculous about scoffing at the leisure time of presidents they don't like. The reason behind it is Republicans believe that Republican candidates are (generally) doing their best to do a good job, and the Democrats feel the exact same way about their own candidates. When one sees a candidate they support out on the golf course they think "He deserves a break. He's working hard for America" while the other side is thinking "Wow, that bum is hanging out playing golf while his policies are destroying America?"

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:44:01 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline PzLdr

So the Idiot in Chief's job is fund raising? Who knew?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline kevindavis007

I think both sides are a little ridiculous about scoffing at the leisure time of presidents they don't like. The reason behind it is Republicans believe that Republican candidates are (generally) doing their best to do a good job, and the Democrats feel the exact same way about their own candidates. When one sees a candidate they support out on the golf course they think "He deserves a break. He's working hard for America" while the other side is thinking "Wow, that bum is hanging out playing golf while his policies are destroying America?"

In theory I would agree with you, but Lord Obama, had said we need to tone down our lifestyle and yet he lives like a king..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
So the Idiot in Chief's job is fund raising? Who knew?

#PleaseStopShootingDownAirliners

Fixed!

:smokin:

Offline musiclady

Yeah.........especially when Dubya was clearing brush AT HIS OWN HOUSE, and Obama is slumming it at Martha's vineyard and wasting millions of taxpayers' dollars on his life as a royal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

In theory I would agree with you, but Lord Obama, had said we need to tone down our lifestyle and yet he lives like a king..

I'll never forget his advice to Americans to stay away from Vegas, after which he went there in order to avoid dealing with that minor issue going on in Benghazi.......

There is no hypocrisy quite as ugly as that of a leftist.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

Re: White House: Major International Crises No Reason To Stop Fundraising
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 11:07:37 pm »
Yeah.........especially when Dubya was clearing brush AT HIS OWN HOUSE, and Obama is slumming it at Martha's vineyard and wasting millions of taxpayers' dollars on his life as a royal.
I doubt Dubya went to even half as many fundraisers as Zero.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:47 pm »

I think that Obama has set the record..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Dexter

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 11:10:26 pm »

Alright, for real. We need to come up with a better nickname for Obama that can become more universal. It has to be clever while simultaneously delivering a powerful message. This mix and match stuff where everybody has their own thing that they call him is getting out of hand.  :silly:
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 11:29:47 pm »

I think that Obama has set the record..

He does, however, mix it up with golf and vacations....

3 fundraisers, a golf game, a burger, another fundraiser, more golf, a little pool and beer, another fundraiser.....

He makes Maynard G. Krebbs look like a workaholic.....

(And "Zero" is an absolutely perfect name for him).

Offline Dexter

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 11:38:06 pm »

3 fundraisers, a golf game, a burger, another fundraiser, more golf, a little pool and beer, another fundraiser.....

Golf is so painfully boring. Why anybody would spend excessive amounts of time playing it will forever be beyond me.
-Socrates

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 02:08:15 am »

LOL and Maynard (RIP) would be a more competent Potus too!! :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 02:33:13 am »
LOL and Maynard (RIP) would be a more competent Potus too!! :silly:

I'm SO glad somebody picked up the Dobie Gillis reference!    :beer:

(And yes, Maynard WOULD be a better President!)

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 02:41:34 am »
I'm SO glad somebody picked up the Dobie Gillis reference!    :beer:

(And yes, Maynard WOULD be a better President!)

Yes I loved Maynard "work" G. Krebbs.  Then I loved him as Gilligan..LOL  (So sue me, I like campy comedy)  :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 02:51:55 am »
Golf is so painfully boring. Why anybody would spend excessive amounts of time playing it will forever be beyond me.

You and me both.....I proved my self to be deadly to those around me with a golf club long ago, and I have avoided it like the plague ever since.

I'd much rather sample craft bourbons......

:beer:

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

White House: Major International Crises No Reason To Stop Fundraising [VIDEO]

Posted By Tristyn Bloom On 2:40 PM 07/21/2014 In | No Comments

White House spokesman Josh Earnest affirmed Monday that the president won’t cancel any of his fundraising events this week despite the major international crises in Israel and Ukraine.

President Barack Obama, who was criticized last week for conducting a burger joint photo op while the downed Malaysian airliner was still smoldering on the ground, will be conducting a series of fundraisers on the west coast in the coming days. (RELATED: Group Claims Obama Wasn’t Technically Fundraising On Day Of Malaysia Air Crash)

When asked whether the White House was “concerned about the image that the president is going to be sending later this week — that he’s on fundraising trips while these two crises are going on at the same time,” Earnest replied that Obama can do his job “from the road” and that they won’t cancel any of his events.

“It is rarely a good idea to return to the White House just for show, when the situation can be handled responsibly from the road,” White House communications director Jennifer Palmieri said Saturday. “Abrupt changes to his schedule can have the unintended consequence of unduly alarming the American people or creating a false sense of crisis.”

Follow Tristyn on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/21/white-house-international-crises-no-reason-to-stop-fundraising/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 12:11:28 pm »
Tuesday’s Obama Schedule

10:35 am || Meets with Apollo 11 representatives to recognize the 45th anniversary of the moonlanding
12:10 pm || Signs H.R. 803, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act; South Court Auditorium
1:00 pm || Departs the White House
3:15 pm PDT || Arrives Seattle, Washington
5:05 pm PDT || Attends a DNC fundraiser; private residence, Seattle
6:00 pm PDT || Attends a fundraiser for Senate Democrats; private residence; Bellevue, Washington
7:25 pm PDT || Departs Seattle, Washington
9:10 pm PDT || Arrives San Francisco