Author Topic: Kerry Not Wanted In Middle East  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Kerry Not Wanted In Middle East
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 04:16:30 am »

The "misunderstanding" that underlies the entire saga is this:  Israel believes it has the right to exist and that Jews have the right to live in peace; the Palestinians, as they have spoken through the leaders they've chosen, do not.

Are you sure there isn't a little more substance to that underlying problem? Does Palestine truly believe that the Jews should be destroyed just for being Jews, and they have no justifiable claim to existence? Certainly seems like something is being left out, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe all of Palestine really is just a group of hate mongering terrorists bent on the destruction of a nonprovocative peace loving people.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 04:18:58 am »
Palestine has shown that for one reason or another it is not content with the way things work over there. I don't care who started it or who could end it at this point. The thing that matters is that it is not ending. What is the solution? That was the question I didn't have the answer to originally. To find the solution we need to understand Palestine and get to the heart of the issue, unless the plan is to just blow everybody up until nobody is left to dislike Israel. I'm sorry, but I just don't accept that all of the 4 million or so people in Palestine are rage drunk psychopaths that seek the annihilation of Israel for no other reason than the fact that they exist.   

If you don't care for the hows and whys of the start, then you have no means for saying anything useful about how it should end, other than by accident.  To paraphrase the immortal words of George Santayana:  Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

n.b., the saying of Santayana being paraphrased was this:
Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness.  When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement:  and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual.  Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

The verbatim original applies with equal force.

You're also setting up straw men.  Israel has no intention of "blowing up" each and every Palestinian, just those who are actively attempting to attack it and its people.  It's disingenuous of you, to say the least, that you've said otherwise.  And of "blowing up" the weapons they use and the means they use to deploy those weapons, and that includes destroying the tunnels they use.  To accomplish that Israel must hit the tunnel openings that, sadly, exist on Palestinian territory.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 04:19:58 am »
Do you believe there is a reason the Palestinians are upset? Surely they have a point of view and are not just lobbing rockets at peaceful people for no reason? Having reasons and even justifiable claims does not excuse violence, but perhaps it is something to consider when seeking a resolution.

For starters there is no such thing as a bleep Palestinian.  That's a made up name for a non-existant group of people used by agitators like you.  In fact these are displaced Jordanian Nationals, and should be repatriated to Jordan where they belong, so take it up with the King of Jordan.

bleep the Palestinians.  These people don't want peace, they want headlines, and they do that by putting their women and children around their rocket launchers to make sure the IDF slaughters as many of them as possible.

I have no patience for this bullshit any longer.  I've been listening to this line of crap for decades, ever since Arafat was sending boys out to bomb Israeli buses full of civilians.  As far as I'm concerned you can take your arguments and the horse you rode in on, and carry your ass back to DU.

That is bleep all.

:smokin:

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 04:24:12 am »
Are you sure there isn't a little more substance to that underlying problem? Does Palestine truly believe that the Jews should be destroyed just for being Jews, and they have no justifiable claim to existence? Certainly seems like something is being left out, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe all of Palestine really is just a group of hate mongering terrorists bent on the destruction of a nonprovocative peace loving people.

I just love your straw men and your leading questions.

Here's the sad fact of the matter:  for better or for worse, the majority of average Palestinians have given safe haven within their territory to violent terrorists who hate Israel, wish to see all Jews eradicated, and use that safe haven to launch constant missile attacks against Israel.  Whom else can they blame but themselves when Israel, fully justified in acting in self-defense, is compelled to launch attacks on Palestinian territory in order to defeat those terrorists?  But for the average Palestinians' willingness to give safe haven to terrorists, there would be no attacks by Israel on Palestinian territory.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 10:43:26 am »

HALP us Jon Carry, we is just poor little Jews who desparately need your 'Oh so wise' counsel to tell us what to do!
Please! Jon Carry, come us help us. We poor little Jews do not have a clue what we should do to protect ourselves...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.