Author Topic: Mass. town attempts to ostracize Christian college over its beliefs  (Read 1048 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:21:08 PM by Oceander »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online musiclady

Re: Mass. town attempts to ostracize Christian college over its beliefs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:24:50 PM »
Way back in the late sixties when I was at a Christian college, the President of the college refused to accept federal funds because in doing so, the school would be subjected to laws that might go against Christian principles. 

Prescient, I'd say.

Too bad most Christian colleges/universities didn't stick with those principles, because now that we have our first overtly anti-Christian administration, what our President predicted decades ago is happening, and Christian colleges are in a very difficult situation.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline Dexter

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »
Way back in the late sixties when I was at a Christian college, the President of the college refused to accept federal funds because in doing so, the school would be subjected to laws that might go against Christian principles. 

Prescient, I'd say.

Too bad most Christian colleges/universities didn't stick with those principles, because now that we have our first overtly anti-Christian administration, what our President predicted decades ago is happening, and Christian colleges are in a very difficult situation.

This administration is no more overtly anti-Christian than any other. Obama and the Democrats are a lot of things, but front linesmen for a war against Christianity is not among them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:51:23 PM by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:00:54 PM »
This administration is no more overtly anti-Christian than any other.
Thanks for clarifying. 
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Online musiclady

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
This administration is no more overtly anti-Christian than any other. Obama and the Democrats are a lot of things, but front linesmen for a war against Christianity is not among them.

It's always good to get the pro-Obama perspective from you, Dex.

(P.S. maybe you should read more).

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Dexter

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:20:16 PM »
It's always good to get the pro-Obama perspective from you, Dex.

(P.S. maybe you should read more).

Please find one post where I ever implied that I was pro-Obama? Not believing things that aren't true does not make me an Obama supporter.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:35:00 PM by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline raml

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:34:58 PM »
The Obama administration is anti Christian and to say it isn't is ridiculous.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »

You know there are Christians that vote Democrat, right? If your argument is that Obama secretly has a plan to undermine Christianity, well, I can't really prove that wrong, but you can't prove it right. I decipher reality based on things that can be proven. 
-Socrates

Online musiclady

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
Please find one post where I ever implied that I was pro-Obama? Not believing things that aren't true does not make me an Obama supporter.

Right.

Whatever.

Online musiclady

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »

It's also extremely ill-informed.

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 06:58:44 PM »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »
You know there are Christians that vote Democrat, right? If your argument is that Obama secretly has a plan to undermine Christianity, well, I can't really prove that wrong, but you can't prove it right. I decipher reality based on things that can be proven.

They can call themselves Christians all they want, but real ones are not going to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, anti-Christian individual who has gone out of his way to marginalize and eventually criminalize their beliefs.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Dexter

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »
They can call themselves Christians all they want, but real ones are not going to vote for a pro-abortion, pro-homosexual, anti-Christian individual who has gone out of his way to marginalize and eventually criminalize their beliefs.

I disagree with the idea that Democrats cannot be real Christians. Though, I am agnostic, so I suppose my opinion on what is or isn't a real Christian is irrelevant. Nevertheless I think stuff like this scares off the moderates and ultimately hurts the GOP more than anything. There are a lot of Democrats that are good people and some good Christians, and most people are willing to accept that fact. Your intolerance is hurting the party you support.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:02:55 PM by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »

Online musiclady

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 09:50:05 AM »
The left is using the militant homosexual agenda to destroy religious liberty and silence those who uphold Christian morality.  It is the crowbar that radicals have been patiently developing for decades in order to force their own 'religious' ideals on the rest of the country.

All the Christian colleges that have been flirting with the leftist agenda may have a rude awakening in the next two years when they lose the right to teach moral values that oppose the amorality of the Obama government.

Online musiclady

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »
I disagree with the idea that Democrats cannot be real Christians. Though, I am agnostic, so I suppose my opinion on what is or isn't a real Christian is irrelevant. Nevertheless I think stuff like this scares off the moderates and ultimately hurts the GOP more than anything. There are a lot of Democrats that are good people and some good Christians, and most people are willing to accept that fact. Your intolerance is hurting the party you support.

The Democrats who are good people and even good Christians are only able to be so because they are willfully blind to the absolute amorality and downright evil that their own party supports.

I agree that it's possible to be a Democrat and a Christian, but only if one is ignorant, stupid, or keeping his or her eyes sealed shut.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 10:11:23 AM »
This administration is no more overtly anti-Christian than any other. 

They are not anti-Religion, they are anti-Christian and pro Muslim. :wtf:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dexter

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
The Democrats who are good people and even good Christians are only able to be so because they are willfully blind to the absolute amorality and downright evil that their own party supports.

I agree that it's possible to be a Democrat and a Christian, but only if one is ignorant, stupid, or keeping his or her eyes sealed shut.

I could be wrong, but I thought we had determined at some point that you do or are starting to believe that the system is rigged and that both parties are now compromised. If that is true then both parties are toxic and destructive, no? It's not just the Democrats; it's the system as a whole. I apologize if you were not one of the people that agreed with that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:43:03 PM by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Online musiclady

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
I could be wrong, but I thought we had determined at some point that you do or are starting to believe that the system is rigged and that both parties are now compromised. If that is true then both parties are toxic and destructive, no? It's not just the Democrats; it's the system as a whole. I apologize if you were not one of the people that agreed with that.

I'm not the one,  but the Republican party, unlike the Democrat party does not stand for abortion at any stage of development for any reason with no parental notification and no medical controls on abortion factories.

So I will reiterate my position that to be a Democrat and a Christian you have to willfully blind yourself to the evil that your party stands for.

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 06:53:27 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf