Author Topic: Let’s send all the ‘unaccompanied alien children’ to Vermont!  (Read 494 times)

rangerrebew

Let’s send all the ‘unaccompanied alien children’ to Vermont!

Posted by Ann Corcoran on July 18, 2014

Lots of open space in Vermont! Let’s fill ‘er up!

Of course, my first choice is Washington, DC, but surely the second most deserving location is Vermont.

Did you see this Washington Post article (The Fix) this week by Jaime Fuller entitled, Is Vermont the solution to the border crisis?   That is the dumbest title I’ve seen in awhile (well, maybe in the last hour considering the dumb title at The Australian in my previous post).

The wise men of Vermont: Democrats Senator Patrick Leahy and Governor Pete Shumlin. We will take the aliens to the Green Mountain State!

So let’s answer the question for them—Yes, send the illegal aliens (all of them!) crashing the border right now to ultra-progressive Vermont because they deserve it for sending Patrick Leahy to Washington!

Besides the fact that they, the voters of Vermont, deserve it, it would be a fantastic social experiment.  By saturating one small geographic area with thousands upon thousands of migrants, we will see in short order what America will be like in decades to come if we open our borders as apparently Senator Leahy and Gov. Shumlin would like to see!

Here is The Fix (emphasis is mine):

In its efforts to figure out what to do with the many Central American unaccompanied minors coming to the United States — about 60,000 in recent weeks — the White House has been asking several states if they have the resources to house some of these children. The office of Vermont’s Democratic Gov. Pete Shumlin (D) told a local newspaper, “We’ve let HHS know that we are willing to investigate locations and logistical requirements and work with them to determine if Vermont would be an appropriate host state.”

It’s perhaps unsurprising that the state would be willing to help. Sen. Patrick Leahy (D) has been a vocal proponent of immigration reform — as has fellow Vermonter Sen. Bernie Sanders (I.).

[....]

The fact that their constituency back in Vermont is a big part of that support is less well known; about 1,500 undocumented immigrants live in Vermont, many working on dairy farms….

Vermont welcomes refugees!

Vermont has welcomed many legal immigrants recently, too. In the past 25 years, more than 6,300 refugees have moved to Vermont as part of a federal refugee resettlement program, according to the local alternative newspaper Seven Days. That total includes “1,705 Bosnians, mostly Muslims; 1,437 Bhutanese, many of whom had been living in exile in Nepal; and about 1,000 Africans fleeing violence in Burundi, Congo, Rwanda, Somalia and Sudan.”

[....]

In 2010, Leahy introduced the Refugee Protection Act, which “would strengthen the country’s commitment to protecting refugees fleeing persecution or torture.”

Not all the Libs are so welcoming:

Seven Days’ report from this January says that the program seemed largely successful, although there have been incidents of racial insensitivity, and worries about reaching a “tipping” point. One worker at the Vermont Refugee Resettlement Program told Seven Days, “We’ve been going through a long recession and everybody has been trying to look out for themselves.” There are several immigration advocacy groups in Vermont –Vermont Immigration and Asylum Advocates and Migrant Justice are also among the more prominent organizations. Advocacy groups are currently in the middle of a big push on improving housing for immigrant dairy workers.

Since writer Jaime Fuller never answers the title’s question, let’s help answer it.

Send tens of thousands of the illegal aliens (phony refugees) to Vermont and find the “tipping point!”

I would love to see a bumper sticker campaign something like this—“Illegal aliens welcome in Vermont!”   (or something more cleverly worded).  (Sorry Judy!)

http://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/lets-send-all-the-unaccompanied-alien-children-to-vermont/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:51:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Let’s send all the ‘unaccompanied alien children’ to Vermont!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:31:30 pm »
That's like shooting yourself in the foot to make a point. Be careful with this line of thinking because the left might run with it and call you on your bluff. They want them here, after all.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:34:51 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates