Author Topic: DREAMers Stage GOP 'Funeral' in Congress: 'Republican Party Is Dead to Us'  (Read 1025 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/21/DREAMers-Stage-GOP-Funeral-in-Congress-Republican-Party-Is-Dead-to-Us

by Tony Lee 21 Jul 2014, 11:32 AM PDT

video at link

On Monday, DREAMers stormed the halls of Congress to stage a "GOP funeral" in front of the offices of Republican senators, some of whom have expressed concerns that President Barack Obama's unilateral grants of temporary amnesty have caused the current border crisis.

Pro-amnesty activists from United We Dream dressed in black and marched around with a mock casket that had these words emblazoned on it: "RIP GOP." They held flowers and started chanting and singing, "We shall overcome."

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has said Obama should not award temporary amnesty to DREAMers in the future because the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program only encourages smugglers and cartels to exploit more illegal immigrant children. And the DREAMers targeted his office, along with those of other senators, while yelling, "Enough is enough!"

"We are here to say the Republican Party is dead to us," a spokesperson for United We Dream declared in the halls of Congress. "We can't let DACA disappear for our community."

Another activist said the GOP is "dead" and "irrelevant" and "no longer speaks for the American people and the nation," even though a majority of Americans in two national polls said they want illegal immigrant children sent back as quickly as possible. A Gallup poll also found that illegal immigration is now the "top problem" facing Americans.

Another activist called for amnesty for the parents of illegal immigrant children, and she said the Republican Party has been "killing" the dreams of illegal immigrants "in our communities."

"We're not going to miss them. We're not going to cry," she said of the GOP's "death."

Nearly 60,000 illegal immigrant children have unlawfully entered the country since October of last year. Federal officials expect that at least 150,000 more will cross the border in the next fiscal year. The number of illegal immigrants who have entered the country drastically spiked after Obama enacted DACA in 2012, even as murder rates in Central American nations have declined since then.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:43:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Arrest them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Arrest them.

For what? Making a big deal out of it will give them exactly what they were seeking in the first place, attention. Rise above it, ignore it, and they will go away.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

For what?
If any of the protesters are illegal "immigrants," arrest and deport.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Dexter

I guess I assumed that no illegal immigrant would be ballsy enough to be part of that fiasco. I could be wrong.
-Socrates

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Precisely.

If we cannot even prosecute those who are flagrantly violating the law, then how are we to enforce the law at all?

By definition, the “DREAMers” are those who have unlawfully been in the country since youth. They do not have the rights of American citizens (they may have certain basic human rights, but not all those afforded those of us who have citizenship). Yet we live in a country where the Democrats openly invited one such person, Benita Veliz, to speak at their 2012 convention.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I guess I assumed that no illegal immigrant would be ballsy enough to be part of that fiasco. I could be wrong.

You're always wrong, and you are wrong on this.  These are illegals and they know Obama won't do anything to them.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Dexter

You're always wrong

Surely I've been right about something at some point.
-Socrates

Offline RaccoonRevolution

So people who would never vote for Republicans tell the Republicans that they will never vote for them and this is supposed to mean...? Really why should the republican care these voters were never in play to begin with.

Offline Dexter

So people who would never vote for Republicans tell the Republicans that they will never vote for them and this is supposed to mean...? Really why should the republican care these voters were never in play to begin with.

Let me sum up the point for you.

"HEY! HEY ALL OF YOU! LOOK AT US! LOOK!! ARE YOU LOOKING? SEE? WE DISAGREE WITH YOU!!! ARE YOU STILL LOOKING?"
-Socrates

Offline speekinout

illegal immigrants don't have the right to vote - at least not yet. If the GOP can get a majority in Congress next year, their vote may not count for a very long time. Their threats are meaningless.