Author Topic: Why Are Nearly Half the Voters Still Slobbering Over Obama? by Bernard Goldberg  (Read 1966 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/nearly-half-voters-still-slobbering-obama/?utm_source=BernardGoldberg.com+Newsletter&utm_campaign=49628e26f6-NEWSLETTER&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c1903183b6-49628e26f6-298404765

Bernard Goldberg
Why Are Nearly Half the Voters Still Slobbering Over Obama?
Posted: July 20, 2014

I don’t get it.  According to Rasmussen, 47 percent of likely voters approve of the job President Obama is doing.

Yes, it’s true that more disapprove – 52 percent.  And the breakdown reveals that while only 24 percent “strongly approve” of the job the president is doing, 41 percent “strongly disapprove.”

But I’m fixated on the fact that nearly half the likely voters polled think Mr. Obama is doing just fine — or better.

Yes, I know that a certain percentage of Americans would continue to slobber over this president and say they approve of his job performance even if they had just seen a video of him in Red Square making a deal with Vladimir Putin to sell half the United States west of the Mississippi to Russia for $1.98.

But 47 percent?

They called Ronald Reagan the Teflon president but the title now belongs to Barack Obama.  Nothing sticks to him.  Not Fast and Furious, not the trouble associated with ObamaCare, not Benghazi, not the IRS scandal, not the deal for Bergdahl, I’m betting not the border crisis and not anything else, including his less than forceful response to Mr. Putin for Russia’s role in the Malaysian plane disaster.

Apparently not the anemic economic recovery, either.  Last month, the U.S. registered a gain of 288,000 jobs.  Sounds good, right?  But here’s the rest of the story:  That same month we lost 523,000 full time jobs and gained 799,000 part time jobs.  There were only 12,000 new full time jobs created.

Americans know Mr. Obama is not doing well handling the economy — and they give him low marks when pollsters ask.  But still, nearly half approve of his job performance.  Huh?

A day after four Americans were killed in Benghazi, the president hopped on Air Force One for a fundraiser in Las Vegas.  A week or so ago he went to Texas for more fundraisers but didn’t want to take time out to personally see what’s going on at the border.  That would have been nothing more than a photo-op, he said. And hours after nearly 300 innocents were shot out of the sky, he went to New York for more fundraisers.

And 47 percent of Americans think he’s doing a good job?!

Either Rasmussen is suddenly a lousy pollster or half the American electorate don’t know enough to qualify even as low information voters.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Either Rasmussen is suddenly a lousy pollster or half the American electorate don’t know enough to qualify even as low information voters.

Yes, on both counts.

Offline MACVSOG68

A lot of people still like Obama as a person, and some continue to listen to the media concentrating on Republican resistance to his policies.  And some of course are simply trying to ratify their own choices in the past two elections.  But a slight scratch below the surface of these polls finds a lot of very frustrated voters, those who think he's sold out the left, and those of us who know how far left he really is.  Look at some of the recent issues polls to see just how bad his approval ratings really are.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline andy58-in-nh

A: "47 percent?"

Q: What percentage of American adults currently pay no income taxes?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

A lot of people still like Obama as a person, and some continue to listen to the media concentrating on Republican resistance to his policies.  And some of course are simply trying to ratify their own choices in the past two elections.  But a slight scratch below the surface of these polls finds a lot of very frustrated voters, those who think he's sold out the left, and those of us who know how far left he really is.  Look at some of the recent issues polls to see just how bad his approval ratings really are.

And surely those frustrated voters will seek refuge in the next establishment GOP candidate who will promise what? Because we can be certain that if you elect a Republican, you'll get... what?

Or maybe they'll just choose Liz Warren because as anyone knows, Democrats are for the people.

Offline MACVSOG68

And surely those frustrated voters will seek refuge in the next establishment GOP candidate who will promise what? Because we can be certain that if you elect a Republican, you'll get... what?

Or maybe they'll just choose Liz Warren because as anyone knows, Democrats are for the people.

The left does want Warren, who's very popular with CPUSA and Peoples' World.  As for the next GOP candidate, I really hope that we have a vigorous group of candidates from all parts of the Republican Party, but in the end, just as you supported Romney, we need to support the winner.  What we'll get is of course is unknown, since the Republican, whoever he or she is, will have a congress to deal with that may not be friendly.  But after eight years of Obama, I'd vote for a flying squirrel if it was a Republican.

Online Lando Lincoln

The left does want Warren, who's very popular with CPUSA and Peoples' World.  As for the next GOP candidate, I really hope that we have a vigorous group of candidates from all parts of the Republican Party, but in the end, just as you supported Romney, we need to support the winner.  What we'll get is of course is unknown, since the Republican, whoever he or she is, will have a congress to deal with that may not be friendly.  But after eight years of Obama, I'd vote for a flying squirrel if it was a Republican.

The left never ceases to astonish and their love affair with Warren is mind-numbing. 

As for us on the Right, we will attempt to commit political fratricide because of some noble standard in which the selected candidate fails to measure up properly. 

This whole process is always messy.  But... this will get ugly.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Relic

The left never ceases to astonish and their love affair with Warren is mind-numbing. 

As for us on the Right, we will attempt to commit political fratricide because of some noble standard in which the selected candidate fails to measure up properly. 

This whole process is always messy.  But... this will get ugly.

I'm demanding as all get out. I want a candidate that clearly articulates what he or she stands for, and actually makes an attempt to hold to their own stated standard.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:28:43 pm by Lando Lincoln »

Online Lando Lincoln

My apologies Relic.  I may have inadvertently messed up your post.  Full disclosure - I was installed as a Mod long ago.  I have never, ever - not one time exercised it.  Until now - and it was inadvertent.  My sincere apologies.
John Steinbeck

Offline Relic

My apologies Relic.  I may have inadvertently messed up your post.  Full disclosure - I was installed as a Mod long ago.  I have never, ever - not one time exercised it.  Until now - and it was inadvertent.  My sincere apologies.

Well, at least you picked on an "extremist".  :silly:

Online Lando Lincoln

Well, at least you picked on an "extremist".  :silly:

Thanks man.  I was going to respond with something exceedingly intelligent.  Now, I am discombobulated. 
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65t-OzhlmvE

Honestly, I would prefer Warren over Hillary. I don't think she has what it takes, and she has a lot of baggage. If we can get anyone, even Romney, who is even just tolerable, she can be beaten.

That American Indian scam she pulled is going to come back to bite her. If I was a blond haired, blue eyed, White girl, I wouldn't run around the country claiming that I am a Black woman, even if my great grandfather was in fact Black. Still, the blond hair and the blue eyes would sort of nullify that, even if it was true, which in her case it is not.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PzLdr

Why? Because Obamacare doesn't cover brain transplants.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Half the voters are just slobbering period. They can't help it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline MACVSOG68

Honestly, I would prefer Warren over Hillary. I don't think she has what it takes, and she has a lot of baggage. If we can get anyone, even Romney, who is even just tolerable, she can be beaten.

That American Indian scam she pulled is going to come back to bite her. If I was a blond haired, blue eyed, White girl, I wouldn't run around the country claiming that I am a Black woman, even if my great grandfather was in fact Black. Still, the blond hair and the blue eyes would sort of nullify that, even if it was true, which in her case it is not.

That's no way to talk about Pocahontas...

Offline speekinout

That's no way to talk about Pocahontas...

Let me correct your spelling -  That's "Fauxcahontas".   :whistle:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Let me correct your spelling -  That's "Fauxcahontas". ]]

I kinda like "Lieawatha", myself...  :)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
[[ Let me correct your spelling -  That's "Fauxcahontas". ]]

I kinda like "Lieawatha", myself...  :)

Don't forget about "Brokahontas"........

:beer:

Oceander

That being said, how will those sentiments transfer to the 2014 and 2016 elections?  There may be a lot of cognitive dissonance over Obuttocks, but that might have precious little impact on how these same dolts vote for Congress, or for the next president.

Offline R4 TrumPence

I agree!! I am a conservative, but I also look at the big picture.  I want the WH back! We have to get it out of the leftist's hands period! Whatever or whoever it takes that can do that. 

At this point, unless it is Ron Paul..LOL  I will vote for him/her. Would I like a conservative? Absolutely! But the country is in such bad shape, we need anyone that loves this country and is a capitalist!

While there are areas that social and fiscal overlap,  right now I looking at fiscal and strong leader of the Free World! We can deal with the other stuff later! But as long as we have our stay at home voters, because our candidate isn't 1000% conservative, we are screwed!  We have to look at the big picture this time and not go down this road again. 

Criteria this time should be :
Economy/Jobs
Border Security/immigration
Military Rebuilding/ Power

There are a lot of others but to me, those are most necessary for our survival!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline MACVSOG68

Don't forget about "Brokahontas"........

:beer:

Almost forgot.   :beer:

Offline MACVSOG68

That being said, how will those sentiments transfer to the 2014 and 2016 elections?  There may be a lot of cognitive dissonance over Obuttocks, but that might have precious little impact on how these same dolts vote for Congress, or for the next president.

Yeah if only things were that easy.  But we do know that the Dems will put their money on the racism, sexism and homophobia memes.  They will also take anything questionable said by any GOP candidate and spread it over the entire election.  It has worked in the past and given that Obama has really nothing to brag about for his 5 1/2 years, this will be the main thrust in '14 and likely in '16.  And of course we now know that immigration reform may well be the only "positive" issue the Dems have.

But the Republicans have plenty of issues to focus on.  2014 though, IMHO, could be very problematic if the rancor and even hostility reflected here of late is representative of the GOP in general.

Offline MACVSOG68

I agree!! I am a conservative, but I also look at the big picture.  I want the WH back! We have to get it out of the leftist's hands period! Whatever or whoever it takes that can do that. 

At this point, unless it is Ron Paul..LOL  I will vote for him/her. Would I like a conservative? Absolutely! But the country is in such bad shape, we need anyone that loves this country and is a capitalist!

While there are areas that social and fiscal overlap,  right now I looking at fiscal and strong leader of the Free World! We can deal with the other stuff later! But as long as we have our stay at home voters, because our candidate isn't 1000% conservative, we are screwed!  We have to look at the big picture this time and not go down this road again. 

Economy/Jobs

I believe you've said it all.  Two targets: Harry Reid in 2014 and the White House in 2016!

Offline Relic

Economy/Jobs

Good call. Here's the problem. Show me an electable Republican candidate that will adhere to that.

Offline speekinout

I believe you've said it all.  Two targets: Harry Reid in 2014 and the White House in 2016!

:amen: