Author Topic: The Tranquility of Obama's Mind By Newt Gingrich  (Read 975 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Tranquility of Obama's Mind By Newt Gingrich
« on: July 20, 2014, 03:36:07 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/18/opinion/gingrich-obama-mind/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_allpolitics+%28RSS%3A+Politics%29

The tranquillity of Obama's mind
By Newt Gingrich
updated 3:33 PM EDT, Fri July 18, 2014

(CNN) -- When White House press secretary Josh Earnest said this week that President Barack Obama had "substantially improved the tranquillity of the global community," many observers reacted with disbelief.

When the President refused to go to the U.S.-Mexico border last week to see the crisis of young people flooding into the United States because "he's not interested in photo ops," lesser mortals noted he had played pool with Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, dropped by a brewery to have a beer and shook hands with a man wearing a horse-head mask.

When he went to Delaware on Thursday and opened with a few sentences about the shooting down of a Malaysian airliner in Ukraine before joking about Joe Biden and going back to his prepared text on infrastructure, many thought he had failed to take seriously an international disaster. They were even less impressed when he had lunch at the Charcoal Pit and ordered burgers and fries (not a photo op, of course). It was not until 24 hours later that he took to the podium to promise an aggressive investigation.

With the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria causing the collapse of Iraq and continued violence in Syria, the Syrian dictatorship consolidating its power, the Iranians failing to take steps to end their nuclear weapons program and Hamas firing more than 1,000 rockets at Israel, the President and his team have moved decisively to brief The New York Times on his passion for late-night intellectual dinners exploring physics, architecture and questions far more profound than the fate of the Middle East.

It is as though the more dangerous the world becomes the more Obama hides in a fantasy world of avoiding the responsibilities of the presidency. He uses the office to surround himself with court jesters who distract him in an enlightened and noble way from the growing failures of his policies and the rapidly expanding threats to the civilized world.

Finally, as Russian President Vladimir Putin continues to flex his muscles and expand his policies, there is a psychologically bizarre pattern of the President's staff referring to Obama as "the Bear."

The President refers to himself when he asserts "the Bear is loose." Of course with a President who last week used "I", "my" or "mine" 207 times in one speech, the concept is beyond bizarre. The White House staff, thinking somehow that this was clever, promptly turned the phrase into a Twitter hashtag, #TheBearIsLoose.

Obama's idea of a loose bear is an unplanned walk to a Starbucks near the White House. Putin's idea of a loose bear is stealing Crimea. Obama's idea of risk-taking is shooting pool with a Democratic governor. Putin's idea of risk-taking is handing out anti-aircraft missiles to rebels in Ukraine. Putin's actions remind us of a time when America was threatened by a real metaphorical bear, as a 1984 Reagan campaign ad referred to the Soviet Union.

The self-image of Obama as a bear is so delusional that it brings into question the degree to which he is simply out of touch with reality.

Which brings us back to Earnest's quote about tranquillity in the international community.

What he's channeling is Obama's personal tranquillity.

From his perch in the amazingly Obama-centric world in which our President lives, look again at what the rest of us think of as serious problems.

Have any of the 1,000-plus Hamas rockets been aimed at Obama? No. That is why Obama is tranquil.

Have any of the thousands who are crossing the border tried to move into the White House? No. That is why Obama is tranquil.

Is ISIS an immediate threat to the United States that is likely to blow up the next golf course the President is playing at? No. That is why Obama is tranquil.

If you can reduce your presidency to a Starbucks visit, a man with a horse-head mask, shooting pool and visiting Joe Biden's burger joint for lunch, you can have a successful presidency as you have defined it, even if the world is disintegrating.

The President's detachment from reality is fast infecting the rest of his party. How else can we explain fellow Democrat and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid stating this week that "the border is secure"?

This "tranquillity" line was a Freudian slip by the President's spokesman that reveals the deep gap between reality and the Obama White House.

Obama is rapidly becoming the weakest president since James Buchanan failed to stop the drift toward Civil War.

Self-delusion and a rich fantasy life are dangerous in a president. They often lead to disasters that are unimaginable until they happen.

That is what we have to worry about for the next two years until he leaves public office for a private fantasyland.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: The Tranquility of Obama's Mind By Newt Gingrich
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 03:43:23 pm »
Obama's mind is tranquil. Of course it is.

Ever gone out into the desert and watched sunrise? If you haven't - do it now or sooner. It's a wonderfully tranquil place and feeling - because there is bleep all there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:14:47 pm »
This is a very insightful article.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:23:10 pm »
Gingrich and Armey co-authored the "Contract with America."

The "new right" often classifies them as "rinos," although Armey may have had more to do with the initial establishment of the Tea Party movement, than any other single person. (Gingrich did, too)

A huge problem with the new right, is the tendency to have a perfectionist checklist, and to turn on anybody that cannot conform to the list 100%, when by definition politics is partly principle, and partly practicality.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 03:37:02 am »
That is what we have to worry about for the next two years until he leaves public office for a private fantasyland.

Compared to Obuttocks Michael Jackson was a stone-cold-sober realist sitting in his Neverland Ranch.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 03:54:15 am »
Joffrey ain't a bear. He's a wabbit...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:14:11 pm »
Gingrich and Armey co-authored the "Contract with America."

The "new right" often classifies them as "rinos," although Armey may have had more to do with the initial establishment of the Tea Party movement, than any other single person. (Gingrich did, too)

A huge problem with the new right, is the tendency to have a perfectionist checklist, and to turn on anybody that cannot conform to the list 100%, when by definition politics is partly principle, and partly practicality.

Here's why:  Most of the neocons and many on the right were Democrats.  They have something to prove, so they push harder to prove their own purity.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:17:50 pm »
Nature abhors a tranquility...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 06:45:18 pm »
This is a very insightful article.

Yes it is.  I consider Newt the Nation's Constituitionalist and I respect his opinions a very great deal.  For some further insight, have you seen Obama at the podium lately??  He looks haggard, grey and exhausted.  He spent a week on the road trying to avoid reality, and now that he cannot simply kick many cans any further down the road, I think he's finally facing the realization of his own incompetence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 06:55:20 pm »
Yes it is.  I consider Newt the Nation's Constituitionalist and I respect his opinions a very great deal.  For some further insight, have you seen Obama at the podium lately??  He looks haggard, grey and exhausted.  He spent a week on the road trying to avoid reality, and now that he cannot simply kick many cans any further down the road, I think he's finally facing the realization of his own incompetence.

I hope you're right about that, Chieftain.

It would be a major breakthrough if he realized ANY of his fatal flaws, including his complete incompetence.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 06:59:36 pm »

I mostly agree with both of your points.  Newt is one of the intelligent politicians I've ever listened to.  But his temperament excludes him from the WH IMHO.  Obama's only position on anything is that everything is Bush's fault and the GOP stands in his way.  No matter how incompetent he is though, with Valerie protecting his 6, he won't ever realize it.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:26 pm »
I mostly agree with both of your points.  Newt is one of the intelligent politicians I've ever listened to.  But his temperament excludes him from the WH IMHO.  Obama's only position on anything is that everything is Bush's fault and the GOP stands in his way.  No matter how incompetent he is though, with Valerie protecting his 6, he won't ever realize it.

Thanks, and I think Newt still has a role to play in the next Republican Administration.  He would make an outstanding SecState.

Obama has to keep up appearances and the public happy face, and my point is that the stress is showing, and showing badly.  He will never admit he is wrong about anything, but privately he has to know what a failure he is.  Campaigning is far more fun than actually running things.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 07:41:09 pm »
Yep, Newt would make a heck of a SecState. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 08:19:28 pm »
Thanks, and I think Newt still has a role to play in the next Republican Administration.  He would make an outstanding SecState.

Obama has to keep up appearances and the public happy face, and my point is that the stress is showing, and showing badly.  He will never admit he is wrong about anything, but privately he has to know what a failure he is.  Campaigning is far more fun than actually running things.

I was hoping that Newt would serve in a Romney administration.

Not "presidential material" I think, but one remarkable brain.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 09:06:40 pm »

Indeed!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 02:27:30 am »
From the article:
[[ Obama is rapidly becoming the weakest president since James Buchanan failed to stop the drift toward Civil War. ]]

This could become a prescient analogy.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 02:47:56 am »

Newt has the same problem every single Presidential candidate who comes out of Congress has: a verifiable voting record.  No matter what, there are critics who point to every single vote you ever made and makes a case on it.

That's also why Governors make such great candidates; because they have a verifiable track record they can run on, where they can demonstrate concrete accomplishments.....of course that works both ways but most failed politicians don't run for President.

And it ultimately explains why Obama got elected....because he had no verifiable track record, the embarrassing stuff has been long hidden away, and all he had to do was keep pumping out those refreshing Hopium bromides so many Dhimmies eat up with spoons.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 09:19:27 am »
Newt has the same problem every single Presidential candidate who comes out of Congress has: a verifiable voting record.  No matter what, there are critics who point to every single vote you ever made and makes a case on it.

That's also why Governors make such great candidates; because they have a verifiable track record they can run on, where they can demonstrate concrete accomplishments.....of course that works both ways but most failed politicians don't run for President.

And it ultimately explains why Obama got elected....because he had no verifiable track record, the embarrassing stuff has been long hidden away, and all he had to do was keep pumping out those refreshing Hopium bromides so many Dhimmies eat up with spoons.

Exactly! I frequently say that the presidency should be limited to 2 term or more governors. :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink