Author Topic: WH not worried about Ginsburg chatter  (Read 228 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
WH not worried about Ginsburg chatter
« on: July 20, 2014, 09:45:43 AM »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: WH not worried about Ginsburg chatter
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »
To clarify, if Ginsberg elects to wait much longer to resign, she will push the confirmation of her successor into next year, and if the Democrats lose the Senate this Fall, it will make it hard for Obama to appoint the kind of far-left Nutroots Progressive Justice he would like to put on the Court. 

Keep in mind that he would not be affecting the Liberal/Conservative mix on the bench by replacing a Female Liberal with a Female Liberal, but with Harry Reid in control of the Senate, Obama could appoint Angela Davis to the Court and she would be confirmed no matter what her radical past is.

I would look for Obama to try and appoint a black female jurist with good liberal creds...no idea who that would be at this point, but I am sure there are many out there to choose from.  And, he does not have to appoint a judge, or even a lawyer...the President can nominate anyone he chooses, and it is up to the Senate to approve or disapprove.

Another one to keep a close eye on....

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: WH not worried about Ginsburg chatter
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:39:08 PM »
Maybe Ginsburg, for all that she's a leftist liberal, is also worried about whom Obuttocks would nominate to fill her seat if he got the chance?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf