Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: Obama 'King of Indecision'  (Read 551 times)

rangerrebew

Lindsey Graham: Obama 'King of Indecision'
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:24:59 pm »
Newsmax

Lindsey Graham: Obama 'King of Indecision'

Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:13 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

President Barack Obama has become "the king of indecision" whose policies are failing around the globe, U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham claimed Sunday morning, complaining that the president's policy of "leading from behind is not working."

Graham, appearing on NBC's "Meet the Press," told host David Gregory that Secretary of State John Kerry's statements earlier on the same show were "the most ridiculous and delusional summary of American foreign policy that I can imagine," and that it "scares" him that Kerry believes the country's policies are in such good shape.

Urgent:  Don't Underestimate Your Risk for Heart Disease. Free Online Test Now

Story continues below.

Kerry, who also appeared on all the other networks' talk shows Sunday morning, commented to Gregory that Obama is facing a problem with "a bunch of critics who want to jump to conclusions without looking at the facts," and that the "United States of America has never been more engaged in helping to lead in more places than we are now."

He also told Gregory that people in other countries worried that the United States may leave their countries, not wanting the United States to leave.

"The fact is that every fundamental issue of conflict today, the United States is in the center leading and trying to find an effort to make peace where peace is very difficult," Kerry commented. "I think the American people ought to be proud in terms of what this president has done in terms of peaceful, diplomatic engagement rather than quick trigger, deploying troops, starting or engaging in a war of choice."

But when it comes to Russia, its actions in Ukraine, and its suspected connection with the missile takedown by rebels' last week of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17, along with the issues in the Middle East and other conflicts around the world, "indecision reigns," Graham told Gregory.

"President Obama is trying to be deliberative. It comes off as indecisive," Graham said. "He's trying to be thoughtful. It comes off as weakness. I'm suggesting sanctions that go after [Russian President Vladimir] Putin individually, the energy sector in Russia, the banking sector in Russia."

Graham also called for the United States to arm Ukraine so it can defend itself, and suggests putting in more NATO troops.

Further, he called for the United States to "rebuild missile defense systems Obama took down to let Putin know the path of least resistance is not to continue to dismember Ukraine."

Graham also lambasted Kerry for not calling Putin "the thug that he is" while discussing military evidence in the downing of a Malaysian jetliner that points to pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine using a missile system that came from Russia.

"He didn't call for arming the Ukraine so they can defend themselves against rebel separatists supported by Russia," said Graham.

In other discussion Sunday, Graham spoke on behalf of Israel in connection with its ongoing hostilities in dealing with Hamas fighters in the Gaza region.

"My view of the Israeli operation, stay as long as you need to stay," said Graham. "It's not the number of casualties that determines the moral outcome here … if I were Israel, I would stay in Gaza as long as I needed to to stop the rockets for good."

If it were up to Hamas, said Graham, "thousands of Israelis would be dead."

Meanwhile, all of the enemies of the United States are being well supplied, Graham pointed out.

Russia and Iran are helping Syria, and that country has "become a safe haven for terrorists to attack our nation," said Graham.

The South Carolina Republican also blamed Obama for the current immigration crisis, and that money won't be approved to alleviate the problem without changes to a 2008 law that forbids children from being immediately deported unless they have come to the United States from Mexico or Canada.

But Graham is concerned that if the "Republican Party doesn't get immigration reform right in 2015," through House-led legislation, the party's chances are very low of winning the White House back in 2016.

Vote Now:  Do You Approve Or Disapprove of President Obama's Job Performance?

Related Stories:

•Russia's Putin Not Blinking in Stare Down with Obama
•McCain: Obama Administration 'Cowardly' on Downed Jet

http://www.newsmax.com/Newswidget/lindsey-graham-obama-king-indecision/2014/07/20/id/583744/?promo_code=1602B-1&utm_source=1602BThe_Right_Scoop_Conservative&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:25:38 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Lindsey Graham slams John Kerry for 'delusional' defense of Obama foreign policy

By Sean Lengell  | July 20, 2014 | 12:37 pm

Sen. Lindsey Graham on Sunday called Secretary of State John Kerry's defense of President Obama's...

Sen. Lindsey Graham on Sunday called Secretary of State John Kerry's defense of President Obama's foreign policy “delusional" and criticized the administration for not taking a tougher stance against Russia.

“It scares me that [Kerry] believes the world is in such good shape,” said the South Carolina Republican. "America is the glue that holds the free world together. Leading from behind is not working."

Graham rebuked Kerry for failing to call Russian President Vladimir Putin "the thug that he is."

As Kerry made several appearances on Sunday morning news shows, Graham said the secretary “gave the most ridiculous and delusional summary of American foreign policy I could imagine.”

Graham urged the administration to arm the Ukrainian military “so they can defend themselves against rebel separatists supported by Russia.”

The senator also called for additional sanctions aimed at Russia's wealthy and influential energy and banking sectors in order to “hit Putin as an individual.”

“The Europeans are never going to lead on this issue. It is indispensable that America lead,” he said.

Graham also slammed Obama's “indecision” in dealing with Russia in its conflict with Ukraine.

“President Obama’s become the king of indecision. His policies are failing across the globe and it will come here soon,” Graham said.

“There’s a battle of wills between the KGB colonel and the community organizer. And the colonel is winning.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/lindsey-graham-slams-john-kerry-for-delusional-defense-of-obama-foreign-policy/article/2551048
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:34:37 pm by rangerrebew »