Author Topic: Biden: Taking Grandkids on Trips 'One of the Great Advantages of Being Vice President'  (Read 592 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/biden-taking-grandkids-trips-one-great-advantages-being-vice-president

Biden: Taking Grandkids on Trips 'One of the Great Advantages of Being Vice President'
April 15, 2014 - 7:13 AM
By Susan Jones

(CNSNews.com) - The Obama daughters aren't the only ones with travel privileges. Vice President Joe Biden told a gathering on Monday that he likes to bring his grandchildren with him when he travels.

"I literally -- at Christmastime, Mr. Ambassador, I always sit with the kids the last five or -- and say, well, where do you want to go this year? Because one of the great advantages of being vice president, I'm able to take, if I'm not going into a war zone, one of my grandchildren with me. And I do take them all. They're good kids. They don't get in the way. And it's a great experience."

Biden said his granddaughters all told him they wanted to go to the World Cup: "It was an honor to be at the last World Cup and watching Spain win," Biden said.

Biden led the U.S. delegation to Johannesburg in 2010 when Spain won the World Cup, defeating the Netherlands 1-0.

The 2014 World Cup begins on June 12 in Brazil, and the actual trophy is now on an 88-nation tour, making its first stop in the United States at the State Department on Monday. That's where Biden was speaking.

Biden told the gathering he'd like to be in Brazil for the next World Cup: "And although my plans are not yet final, I want you to know I intend to go to the games. I'm looking at my niece, Missy Owens, who works for Coca-Cola, to get me a good seat if I go. (Laughter.) I'm not so sure we can handle it, but Missy, maybe you'll be able to help me out." (Coca-Cola is sponsoring the trophy tour.)

Biden called it a "thrill" to "actually stand here with the cup, the real deal."

The vice president said of all the thousands of sporting events he's attended in his life, the World Cup was the "most unusual" and the "most consequential."

"You know, we have our Super Bowl, we have our World Series, we have the NBA Finals, we have March Madness, but My Lord, it is nothing quite like the World Cup. And it not only brings countries together, it generates a sense of enthusiasm that's hard to believe, except, maybe the Olympics. But even there, there seems to be a greater intensity among countries about the World Cup. It's like it's a measure of -- it's how they measure themselves."

Biden said the 2014 World Cup will be "heard in every single corner of the world -- people cheering, hollering..."

Biden noted that although soccer historically has not been a U.S. game, 25 million people in the U.S. play soccer -- and 80 percent of them are young people who will be players and fans for years go come.

"And our major league soccer teams are selling out stadiums and our national teams are looking strong. And the world should know, we're coming ready to play."

Biden said he expects the World Cup to return to the United States soon  -- "in the hands of our players rather than being delivered by someone else."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Really Joe, no need to Thank Us!

Offline happyg

Biden is an idiot. He just throws words out there, and doesn't mean (or remember) a thing he says. He wasn't elected VP to take vacations, but that's all he knows how to do.

Online mountaineer

This idiot was in Boston today to mark the anniversary of the Marathon bombing. Then he opened his mouth:
After a string of speakers, Biden began his remarks by saying, "I've never witnessed a tribute like I heard today." To the survivors, he said, "My God, you have survived and you have soared. You are truly inspiring. I've never heard anything so beautiful as what all of you just said."

"So much has been taken from you, but you never, never have given up," he said.

"You have become the face of America's resolve for the whole world to see," Biden said, adding that people all around the world know the pride, courage, and resolve of Bostonians. "That's why the twisted, cowardly terrorists who acted here and in other places do what they do. They try to instill fear so that we will jettison what we value the most and what the world most values about us: an open society, our system of justice, our freedom of religion; our access to opportunity, the free flow of information and ideas."

The terrorists "wanted to make America afraid so that maybe, maybe, we'd begin to change our ways. That's the objective -- the very soul of who we are. They figured if they instill enough fear, we will change. And it infuriates them that we refuse to bend, refuse to change, refuse to yield to fear.

"You are Boston strong. But America is strong ... That's what makes us so proud of this city and this state. What makes me so proud to be an American is that we have never, ever yielded to fear. Never."

At the marathon, "the whole world witnessed ordinary citizens doing extraordinary things" to help each other, the vice president said.

"America will never, ever, ever stand down," he said. "We are Boston. We are America. We respond, we endure, we overcome and we own the finish line."
Really? The bombers were PO'd over the free flow of information and ideas?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

This idiot was in Boston today to mark the anniversary of the Marathon bombing. Then he opened his mouth:Really? The bombers were PO'd over the free flow of information and ideas?

Biden must get his information from CNN and MSNBC. If it's not on television, I doubt if he or Obama knows about it.

Online mountaineer

The 2014 World Cup begins on June 12 in Brazil, and the actual trophy is now on an 88-nation tour, making its first stop in the United States at the State Department on Monday. That's where Biden was speaking.

Biden told the gathering he'd like to be in Brazil for the next World Cup: "And although my plans are not yet final, I want you to know I intend to go to the games. I'm looking at my niece, Missy Owens, who works for Coca-Cola, to get me a good seat if I go. (Laughter.) I'm not so sure we can handle it, but Missy, maybe you'll be able to help me out." (Coca-Cola is sponsoring the trophy tour.)

Joe had a swell time at the World Cup.
New reports indicate that Vice President Joseph R. Biden and his entourage enjoyed a luxurious hotel stay during the World Cup Tournament, totaling over $2.4 million.

Mr. Biden and his entourage visited Brazil in June to attend the World Cup game between the U.S. and Ghana, and to meet with the president and vice president of Brazil.

The cost for the hotel space alone for Mr. Biden and his entire entourage for one night was estimated at $2,245,343.30 the Weekly Standard reported Thursday.

The main entourage stayed in the Royal Tulip Hotel, located next to the Brazilian president’s house, while the rest of the group was spread across three other luxurious hotels ranging from roughly $28,000 to $180,000 a night.

However, reports claim that Mr. Biden did more than just vacation in Brazil. His trip may have been an attempt to repair damage caused by the National Security Agency spying practices involving the Brazilian president.
Washington Times

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org