Author Topic: Marvel's Thor Becomes a Woman in the Name of 'Diversity'  (Read 916 times)

rangerrebew

Marvel's Thor Becomes a Woman in the Name of 'Diversity'
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:15:32 am »

Marvel's Thor Becomes a Woman in the Name of 'Diversity'

Posted on July 18, 2014 by Common Constitutionalist Filed under Culture, Email Featured, Entertainment, Feminism, Liberalism, Political Correctness

It is said that “love” is all you need. That may be true for us mere mortals, but what about non-mortals? What about the comic superheroes that so many have grown up with and have, over the last several years, become big budget action movies – box office smashes?

It seems “diversity” is all they need.

I’m speaking of the DC Comics and Marvel franchises.

Every few years they make another comic book superhero into a box office sensation.

Not everyone is a hit, but there have been some big ones. Batman, Spiderman, and Superman of DC fame and lately, Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America have all translated well to the silver screen.

Now, normally when a company has several hit franchises, they do the safe thing and leave the main character(s) alone – they don’t radically change him or her.

Evidently, the “love” they received from the fans of these classic characters is not good enough for Marvel.

Marvel comics announced that the comic version (for now) of Captain America will be a black guy, starting in November. This comes on the heels of the announcement that Thor will now be a woman.

Evidently, in the comic version, Steve Rogers, Captain America, has begun aging to the point of being an ineffective superhero and passes the baton to his black crime-fighting partner, Sam Wilson – The Falcon.

Okay … I’ve got no problem with that. No one should, except for the reasoning behind it.

See, it’s not just a simple transition for the “love” of the story. It seems Marvel has expressed a commitment to “diversity.”

The editor of Marvel, Alex Alonso, said the pages of Marvel comics would reflect the “real world.” “No matter who you are, no matter where you’re from or what your religion or sexuality is, everyone deserves to feel like they can be a superhero.”

Oh brother!

How Thor becomes a woman … I do not know. Maybe he spends some time in the California penal system and insists on a taxpayer-funded sex change. I don’t care enough to find out. I don’t read comic books, but I do enjoy the movies.

Thor woman

The New York Daily News reports that “Marvel executive editor Tom Brevoort said Wilson’s move to become Captain America ‘shouldn’t be seen as revolutionary. It’s about time. In 2014, this should be a thing that we shrug off…’”

And it would be, save for the motivation of “diversity” for diversity sake – and no other reason.

After the changes were announced, comments on Marvel’s Facebook fan page were not wholly positive – they didn’t “love” the idea. Some did not appreciate the changes to their childhood heroes.

Will Stan Lee, creator of the Marvel series and who always makes an appearance in every movie, say regarding Captain America, “I thought he was whiter.”

Personally, I don’t care what Marvel does. They can do what they want up until they announce that Iron Man is now transgendered.

“I am Iron Man … Woman … Confused!” It may be moving that way. In Iron Man 3, Pepper Pottss became Iron Woman for a time. A sign of things to come?

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/16328/marvels-thor-becomes-woman-name-diversity/#tYLvmzagl1t1DQYd.99

Offline musiclady

Re: Marvel's Thor Becomes a Woman in the Name of 'Diversity'
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:00:28 pm »
Well, they're certainly not going to be able to get Chris Hemsworth to play the role.

I don't think they'll get much of an audience.

Better stick with Wonder Woman.  She's been around for a while.

Oy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:03:35 pm »
Is the new Thor a tranny?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 01:47:14 pm »
I don't think they'll get much of an audience.

Yeah, you're right. Had a girlfriend who was crazy about Thor. But, it was because he was a big strong guy. That was the appeal. I wonder how she feels now. I assume she is very disappointed.

This is not new. My ex-wife turned into a combination of Thor and the Incredible Hulk every month. I had to hide all the hammers in the house.

All she kept saying was, "Please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

And she was right...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 01:50:13 pm »
Don't get this. Why not use Freya or Hel? Both women. Both incredibly powerful.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 01:52:30 pm »

Agreed.  Totally nonsensical. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 01:53:03 pm »

Yeah, you're right. Had a girlfriend who was crazy about Thor. But, it was because he was a big strong guy. That was the appeal. I wonder how she feels now. I assume she is very disappointed.

This is not new. My ex-wife turned into a combination of Thor and the Incredible Hulk every month. I had to hide all the hammers in the house.

All she kept saying was, "Please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

And she was right...

Ohhh
John Steinbeck

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 02:00:02 pm »
It probably isn't for 'diversity' in the PC sense but simply because the target audience for comics is 12-30 year old males who would much rather see a scantly clad woman than dude. There has been a long history of this in comics to attract the horny male demographic. This has been going on as long as there have been comics.

Supergirl was released in 1958
Batgirl (ie Barbara Gordon) was released in 1961

Also, according the big comic book geeks on this, the stories aren't true that it is some sort of 'sex change', just introducing a new character in the storyline (a new Asguardian)

http://io9.com/i-think-marvel-is-lying-to-everybody-about-the-new-fem-1605924889

Of course, leave it to the internet to erupt over this..... mostly from demographics that never have touched a comic.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 02:02:22 pm »

See the link I posted above. According to Marvel, this isn't a sex-change-Thor or a she-Thor, or any of the PC stuff people who never touch comics are saying. It is just a new Asgardian character like Batgirl was to Batman or Supergirl was to Superman. As they aren't 'unmasking her' yet, it may after all be Freya or Hel. A lot of people (who never touch comics) are getting worked up over something they are clueless about.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 02:06:47 pm »
See the link I posted above. According to Marvel, this isn't a sex-change-Thor or a she-Thor, or any of the PC stuff people who never touch comics are saying. It is just a new Asgardian character like Batgirl was to Batman or Supergirl was to Superman. As they aren't 'unmasking her' yet, it may after all be Freya or Hel. A lot of people (who never touch comics) are getting worked up over something they are clueless about.

Thanks AbaraXas.  This makes much more sense.

But how do we explain 240B's ex-wife?  Nevermind...

But then... there is Archie.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:08:11 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 02:07:26 pm »
Marvel is owned by Disney. Therefore, they can do any 'gay' or weirdo social engineering, social agenda, crap they want to with the franchise, since they do not care now if it makes a profit or not.

I know young guys who like Thor, but because they are young they are only going to like a 'chick' Thor if there is sex or boobs involved. That is their primary interest in women these days. They are not at all interested in the woman's rights social agenda, not one little bit.

They will lose readers. And they will lose money. But they don't care. Like MSNBC everything is about the Leftist agenda, and profits or reality be damned.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 02:13:28 pm »
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 02:30:42 pm »
Yep.

You nailed it. That's her, once a month.

The weird part is, I still miss her sometimes.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 03:03:56 pm »
Yep.

You nailed it. That's her, once a month.

The weird part is, I still miss her sometimes.

I've always thought that the military should have an elite special force of women that are sent into battle when they are having PMS.  Can you imagine a more fearsome sight?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 03:19:19 pm »
I've always thought that the military should have an elite special force of women that are sent into battle when they are having PMS.  Can you imagine a more fearsome sight?

No. Bad idea. Bad medicine.

They would kill each other and everyone else before they ever made it out of the FOB.

That's what I was thinking about the female Thor. What is going to happen when a guy says to her, "Well, ...you're looking nice today.", on a day when she doesn't want to hear it? All hell could break loose.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 03:26:50 pm »

No. Bad idea. Bad medicine.

They would kill each other and everyone else before they ever made it out of the FOB.

That's what I was thinking about the female Thor. What is going to happen when a guy says to her, "Well, ...you're looking nice today.", on a day when she doesn't want to hear it? All hell could break loose.

You may have a point about them killing each other, they may have to be kept in isolation up until the actual battle.  I think a good tactic to keep them focused on the real enemy might be to tell them that the enemy said that their fatigues make their butt "look fat". 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 03:32:05 pm »
It has not only been suggested in fiction (The fishspeakers in the Dune series) but in real life. Gaddafi had a guard tht were entirely female, for the same reason.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...