Author Topic: Obama hits reset button on wobbly public response to Malaysia Airlines shootdown  (Read 303 times)

Offline flowers

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-hits-reset-button-on-wobbly-public-response-to-malaysia-airlines-shoot-down-195617147.html

President Obama on Friday called the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 an “outrage of unspeakable proportions,” declared it a “wake-up call” for timid European leaders, and all but laid blame for the tragedy directly at the doorstep of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Related Stories

Republicans: Obama must show leadership in Ukraine crisis AFP
    Investigators struggle to reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine AFP
    Obama warns Russia, Ukrainian separatists over downed airliner Yahoo News
    U.S. Blames Rebels for Missile Attack on Malaysia Airlines Jet in Ukraine The Wall Street Journal
    Malaysia jet tragedy: Obama responds with full-court press on Russia Christian Science Monitor

Obama’s blunt language, delivered in the White House briefing room from behind a lectern with the presidential seal, offered a stark contrast to his muddled public handling of the disaster a day earlier.

As the news broke on Thursday, the White House signaled that the president had first learned about the world-shaking events from Putin at the tail end of a telephone call arranged at Moscow’s re

Offline flowers

This is what he was doing Thursday....................

At approximately 12:50 pm, the motorcade stopped at the Charcoal Pit, a popular, established restaurant just north of Wilmington, Del. Known for its burgers and sundaes. Obama shook hands and mingled with many of the diners, stopping at one point to pick up seven-month old Jaidyn Oates, and pose for a photo.

He invoked Vice Presiident Biden’s name a few names, noting to some diners, “Me and Joe, we share shakes all the time,” and to others, “Biden told me the burgers are pretty good.”

Just before hugging another young girl, whose mother lifted her across the booth to hug the president, Obama asked, “Do you give good hugs?”

At 1:01 pm Obama declared, “I’m starving!” He sat down to eat with Tanei Benjamin, who wrote the president a year ago. The president ordered a 4-ounce “Pit special,” which is burger with fries. He asked for it to be done medium well, and to have lettuce and tomato. He also asked for a water with lemon.,/i>

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/07/17/care-world/

Offline musiclady

Well, it's good to know he was using his time wisely...........   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
IOW he did the only thing he is competent; delivering speeches, with authority, confidence, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln