Author Topic: Neither Egypt nor Israel Want Kerry to Come  (Read 649 times)

rangerrebew

Neither Egypt nor Israel Want Kerry to Come
« on: July 18, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Neither Egypt nor Israel Want Kerry to Come

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On July 18, 2014 @ 11:10 am In The Point | 6 Comments

Not surprising.

Kerry is almost as unpopular in Egypt as Obama. Both men are associated with the Muslim Brotherhood takeover of the country. Kerry was the subject of protests in Egypt where he was depicted looking like a member of the Taliban.

And Israel would rather suffer more rocket strikes than 5 minutes with Kerry after his incessant peace process activism earlier. It doesn’t help that Kerry continues to undermine Israel using the Europeans. Or that he attempts to take credit for things that he has nothing to do with.

So there’s a common point of agreement.

Secretary of State John Kerry offered numerous times to fly to Cairo or Jerusalem to assist in cease-fire negotiations but was told that the sides “didn’t need American mediation,” according to an account of events by Haaretz.

Senior Israeli officials told Haaretz that Kerry offered to come to directly join the talks in each and every call during the attempted brokering of a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas on Monday, but was “politely rejected” by all sides.

At least it was polite. The Russians didn’t bother being polite.

Nobody seems to need or want Kerry to show up except the Afghans, for whom life is so grim that they can use the comic relief. No one in the Middle East is that badly off.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/neither-egypt-nor-israel-want-kerry-to-come/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Neither Egypt nor Israel Want Kerry to Come
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »
But wait, I thought this is what the Left wants? People and nations solving their own problems without U.S. involvement. Isn't this Obama's stated goal?

Now that America is being shoved aside by the rest of the world, why should they be upset by that? They should be happy. They made America nothing but a pathetic nuisance on the global stage.

Congratulations American Left, you did it. You got what you want. Now deal with it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »
But wait, I thought this is what the Left wants? People and nations solving their own problems without U.S. involvement. Isn't this Obama's stated goal?

Now that America is being shoved aside by the rest of the world, why should they be upset by that? They should be happy. They made America nothing but a pathetic nuisance on the global stage.

Congratulations American Left, you did it. You got what you want. Now deal with it.

They keep telling us Iraq is for the Iraqis to solve, and now Ukraine is for the Europeans to deal with....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:57:42 pm »
They keep telling us Iraq is for the Iraqis to solve, and now Ukraine is for the Europeans to deal with....

And, Israel is for Israel to deal with, right? No. It does not work that way.

Israel is expected to tolerate and even reward with concession, behavior from the Arabs that would have any other country on Earth launching nukes by now.

Hamas launches from Gaza (which is not 'occupied') a thousand rockets into downtown Israel, and what does Obama and world say? They say that Israel should 'show restraint'. Are you kidding me!?

All Democrat American Presidents, all of them, thought they know better what is best for Israel than Israel does.

It is no different with Obama/Kerry/Hillary. They all have this crazy Liberal idea that if you reward the Arabs for rampant indiscriminate violence, that somehow that will make them 'peaceful'. Of course, any fool can guess the opposite is true.

But, that is the life of Israel. They have to obey rules which are not now and never have been obeyed by any other country in the world.

And every busybody idiot in the world, like Kerry, thinks that HE will be the one to fix it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.