Author Topic: Hillary: This plane thing is really Europe’s problem  (Read 1457 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary: This plane thing is really Europe’s problem
« on: July 18, 2014, 08:43:57 pm »

posted at 10:01 am on July 18, 2014 by Noah Rothman

President Barack Obama’s reaction to the worst attack on a civilian aircraft since September 11, 2001 was …underwhelming. Without even issuing a statement of condemnation, as did his last predecessor to face Russian aggression did, the president devoted all of 38 seconds to addressing what he called a “tragedy” over the skies of Ukraine.

Some of the president’s defenders have suggested that Obama is merely displaying excess caution amid heightened tensions in the midst of a situation that could quickly spiral beyond anyone’s control. Those supporters are quick to add that this caution is a welcome change from the last administration’s shoot first, ask questions later approach to foreign affairs – an unfair and misguided assessment, but one which is nevertheless prevalent among president’s backers.

The individual vying to become his successor, a former Secretary of State no less, put the lie to the notion that Obama was merely being extremely cautious when he did not deviate from his schedule of eating sampling Delaware’s local fare and sermonizing about “roads and bridges” for the umpteenth time.

No, Obama’s caution is another example of the president refusing to address crises in a timely fashion due to what he probably believes is an attachment to the doctrinal fantasy that the United States is overextended in the world. Hillary Clinton confirmed that when she told Charlie Rose on Thursday night that this whole plane mess is really Europe’s problem.

“As you know, the Europeans have tried to figure out the best way forward,” she said when asked how the United States should respond to clear evidence that pro-Russian separatists using Russian hardware killed nearly 300 foreign civilians. “From my perspective — and I have the benefit of not being in the government — if there is evidence linking Russia to this, that should inspire the Europeans to do much more.”

After noting that the world should put “[Russian President Vladimir] Putin on notice” and not “stand idly by,” Clinton reassured Rose that the United States would stand idly by.

“So Europeans have to be the ones to take the lead on this,” said the former secretary. “It was a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur over European territory. There should be outrage in European capitals.”

That sucking sound you hear is the rapid formation of a power vacuum in Europe as the United States signals its noninterest in matters of regional and global security.

As of this writing, the bodies of only 181 of the 298 passengers on board Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 have been recovered. There has been no confirmation from the U.S. government that American citizens were not on that plane. For Clinton, an aspiring President of the United States to suggest that Americans killed on a civilian transport flying over hostile territory — made hostile, by Obama’s own admission, by Russian actions – is not America’s problem is insulting and irresponsible.

Fortunately, at least insofar as the reaction in the British press is concerned, Europe is taking this escalation of hostilities with the seriousness it deserves:

UPDATE: Video has surfaced of Clinton’s appearance with Charlie Rose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTRJgDkNFg

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/18/hillary-this-plane-thing-is-really-europes-problem/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:45:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline PzLdr

Re: Hillary: This plane thing is really Europe’s problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 08:45:47 pm »
Time to hit the 'reset' button again, you dunce?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 08:46:25 pm »
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/07/18/hillary-this-plane-thing-is-really-europes-problem/?utm_source=hafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=haupdate

POSTED AT 10:01 AM ON JULY 18, 2014 BY NOAH ROTHMAN

Share on Facebook 3K 3K SHARES
President Barack Obama’s reaction to the worst attack on a civilian aircraft since September 11, 2001 was …underwhelming. Without even issuing a statement of condemnation, as did his last predecessor to face Russian aggression did, the president devoted all of 38 seconds to addressing what he called a “tragedy” over the skies of Ukraine.

Some of the president’s defenders have suggested that Obama is merely displaying excess caution amid heightened tensions in the midst of a situation that could quickly spiral beyond anyone’s control. Those supporters are quick to add that this caution is a welcome change from the last administration’s shoot first, ask questions later approach to foreign affairs – an unfair and misguided assessment, but one which is nevertheless prevalent among president’s backers.

The individual vying to become his successor, a former Secretary of State no less, put the lie to the notion that Obama was merely being extremely cautious when he did not deviate from his schedule of eating sampling Delaware’s local fare and sermonizing about “roads and bridges” for the umpteenth time.

No, Obama’s caution is another example of the president refusing to address crises in a timely fashion due to what he probably believes is an attachment to the doctrinal fantasy that the United States is overextended in the world. Hillary Clinton confirmed that when she told Charlie Rose on Thursday night that this whole plane mess is really Europe’s problem.

“As you know, the Europeans have tried to figure out the best way forward,” she said when asked how the United States should respond to clear evidence that pro-Russian separatists using Russian hardware killed nearly 300 foreign civilians. “From my perspective — and I have the benefit of not being in the government — if there is evidence linking Russia to this, that should inspire the Europeans to do much more.”

After noting that the world should put “[Russian President Vladimir] Putin on notice” and not “stand idly by,” Clinton reassured Rose that the United States would stand idly by.

“So Europeans have to be the ones to take the lead on this,” said the former secretary. “It was a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur over European territory. There should be outrage in European capitals.”

That sucking sound you hear is the rapid formation of a power vacuum in Europe as the United States signals its noninterest in matters of regional and global security.

As of this writing, the bodies of only 181 of the 298 passengers on board Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 have been recovered. There has been no confirmation from the U.S. government that American citizens were not on that plane. For Clinton, an aspiring President of the United States to suggest that Americans killed on a civilian transport flying over hostile territory — made hostile, by Obama’s own admission, by Russian actions – is not America’s problem is insulting and irresponsible.

Fortunately, at least insofar as the reaction in the British press is concerned, Europe is taking this escalation of hostilities with the seriousness it deserves:

UPDATE: Video has surfaced of Clinton’s appearance with Charlie Rose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkTRJgDkNFg
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:12 pm »
Two things:

First, it is very off putting to me how she opens her eyes crazy wide open every time someone asks her a question. Not just in this interview, but in all of them. She looks like a psycho on meth when she does that, and she does it all the time.

Second, the latest 'fad' in D.C. these days is everyone saying that they told Europe not to depend on Russia for energy. Now, suddenly, everyone has been telling Europe that forever. However, these same oh so prescient sages, who know exactly what Europe should have done, are the exact same crew which is keeping our own American energy use tied completely to the whims of 7th century barbarians, who hate us and who openly declare that their ultimate goal is our destruction.

If Hillary and the rest of the Left now claim they knew Europe should not depend on Russia, then why do they constantly and consistently stifle American domestic oil production and keep us tied to unstable, unpredictable, Muslim fanatics in the Middle East?

Now that, is a good question to ask her Highness the Queen.   
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:46:12 pm »
Hillary: its Europe’s problem.
Obama: it's the world's problem

In this one day both of these fools show how insignificant they have made us on the world's stage. At a time we should be demonstrating that we still are a global super power to be reckoned with, both Hillary and Obama have dialed back on our response.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 11:59:08 pm »
Shouldn't somebody vow to find out who did this, and hold them accountable?

"Somebody" might be Holland, NATO, the UN, etc. But the deed is so outrageous, it DOES deserve attention.

I believe Obama and Hillary are stating it is not something upon which the US must be the sole, overall leader.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 02:27:03 am »
I'm going to say it:
She's right.

[What looks to be] Crimean/Ukrainian rebels (supported by Russia) shooting down a commercial plane flying over known dangerous airspace, whether it be accidental or intentional, is not something over which the United States should get involved in a war with Russia. Even if Americans were killed (as they were).

It -is- "Europe's problem", and should remain limited to that.

We've been through all of this before on the world stage.
It's just not worth it, it's not our fight.
Did not we spend enough blood and treasure in the previous century resolving European hatred of one another to learn anything?

We have a much greater struggle right here, down on our southern border, with Mexico and Central American nations that are hostile to us, if not overtly, certainly covertly by their refusal to halt the invasion of America by illegals.

That is far more an existential threat to this country than what goes on in the Crimea.

Let them blow each other to pieces over there.
When the smoke and radiation clear away, THEN we can march in -- and take over!  ;)

Until then, our troops belong on the southern front.... um...... border.

That's where the defense of American soil and culture must begin.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:27:21 am by Fishrrman »

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 02:48:47 am »
Hmmm; and Hitler was just a "European" problem too - until he wasn't.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 03:45:47 am »
While I wholeheartedly agree with Hillary.....and Fisherman,

I wonder if it's because it was "only one" American who was murdered.

Would we still feel it's "Europe's problem" if it were the originally estimated two dozen.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 03:55:12 am »
While I wholeheartedly agree with Hillary.....and Fisherman,

I wonder if it's because it was "only one" American who was murdered.

Would we still feel it's "Europe's problem" if it were the originally estimated two dozen.

So you would have agreed that Hitler was "Europe's problem" back in the late 1930s?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 03:58:08 am »
So you would have agreed that Hitler was "Europe's problem" back in the late 1930s?

Of course.

But before you pounce....I am placing myself back in the 1930's, not looking back at history with a superior aura what was the right thing to do at the time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 04:03:17 am »
Of course.

But before you pounce....I am placing myself back in the 1930's, not looking back at history with a superior aura what was the right thing to do at the time.

And what I am suggesting is that one of the lessons of history to be learned courtesy of Hitler is that things of this nature are never SEPs - Somebody Else's Problems - and that they are everyone's problem and should be taken care of by anyone and everyone else with the ability to do something about it, which in this case includes the US.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 04:05:50 am »
And what I am suggesting is that one of the lessons of history to be learned courtesy of Hitler is that things of this nature are never SEPs - Somebody Else's Problems - and that they are everyone's problem and should be taken care of by anyone and everyone else with the ability to do something about it, which in this case includes the US.

So....why aren't we doing anything about Obama and his crew?  [/s]

Rhetorical, Oceander, my friend.  No offense intended.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 04:06:52 am »
So....why aren't we doing anything about Obama and his crew?  [/s]

Rhetorical, Oceander, my friend.  No offense intended.

None taken.  That is another very good example of the same problem, albeit not quite so pronounced as in the cases of A. Hitler or V. Putin.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:42 am »

None taken.  That is another very good example of the same problem, albeit not quite so pronounced as in the cases of A. Hitler or V. Putin.

Personally, I think Putin is only interested in control of the natural gas and oil.  And the fracking opportunities associated with same.

He's nothing like Hitler.

Barack Obama OTOH, wants to destroy the USA as the world's sole superpower.   No comparison.

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 04:18:43 am »
Personally, I think Putin is only interested in control of the natural gas and oil.  And the fracking opportunities associated with same.

He's nothing like Hitler.

Barack Obama OTOH, wants to destroy the USA as the world's sole superpower.   No comparison.

But what's the point of controlling natural gas and oil?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 04:33:17 am »

Yet.

He's still got a year and a half to go. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 04:35:54 am »

Money.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 05:02:17 am »

???

When you're trying to put 'Humpty Dumpty' back together again, you'd want to control any energy sources. 

I would, wouldn't you?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 05:33:50 am »

Ask OPEC. And cast your mind back to 1976.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 05:42:29 am »
Ask OPEC. And cast your mind back to 1976.

Exactly.....that was going to be my initial response but I wasn't sure of the year.   :laugh:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 06:43:13 am »
Shouldn't somebody vow to find out who did this, and hold them accountable?

"Somebody" might be Holland, NATO, the UN, etc. But the deed is so outrageous, it DOES deserve attention.

I believe Obama and Hillary are stating it is not something upon which the US must be the sole, overall leader.

For all intents and purposes, NATO is America's military might tucking tail and the UN is America's money subsidizing anti-American interests.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:44:51 am by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

Hillary Goes Full Post-American Foreign Policy
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 09:55:38 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Hillary Goes Full Post-American Foreign Policy

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On July 18, 2014 @ 7:40 pm In The Point | 3 Comments

What’s taking place here is actually a shell game.

When it’s convenient, Obama and Hillary declare that a foreign crisis has nothing to do with America and that we’re no longer involved.

Hillary Clinton confirmed that when she told Charlie Rose on Thursday night that this whole plane mess is really Europe’s problem.

While Europe should do more, Hillary and Obama are dishonestly pretending to be non-interventionists. Dishonestly because they’re still interventionists, they’re just not tethered to nationalistic intervention through national interests or NATO.

When something like Libya comes up, they’re right there. They want to get into Syria.

What they don’t want to do is stand up to enemies. Instead they want to work on their behalf.

The old doves were at least a bit more consistent. The new crowd goes dove when it’s Russia and hawk when Muslims want intervention. They’re hawks when the UN wants something and doves when Americans get killed.

The anti-war pacifist, especially these days, is mostly a myth. But the level of cynicism has only increased. Every liberal is now anti-war until he’s for war and then is anti-war.

Hillary couldn’t care less about the plane, but if Burma shoves a few more Muslims, she’ll start talking intervention again.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/hillary-goes-full-post-american-foreign-policy/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Hillary Goes Full Post-American Foreign Policy
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 12:53:06 pm »
Hmmm - does that mean that an attack on US soil, by people trained in the USA, that killed 3000 or so is entirely the USA's problem?

Could have told us that earlier.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 12:56:53 pm »
There is evidence the plane changed course at the last minute which moved it right over the launch site.  Why?  This might be more than Europe's problem.