Author Topic: CNN Pulls Reporter From Gaza Coverage After She Tweets About ‘Scum’ Israelis Next to Her  (Read 278 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Pulls Reporter From Gaza Coverage After She Tweets About ‘Scum’ Israelis Next to Her

Jul. 18, 2014 10:24am   Madeleine Morgenstern   

CNN has removed one of its reporters covering the Israel-Hamas conflict after she tweeted that Israelis cheering missile strikes in Gaza and whom she said threatened her were “scum,” the Huffington Post reported.

Diana Magnay reported live Thursday night as Israel commenced its ground operation in Gaza while around her, a group of Israelis cheered the missile strikes in the background. She tweeted afterward, ”Israelis on hill above Sderot cheer as bombs land on #gaza; threaten to ‘destroy our car if I say a word wrong’. Scum,” later deleting it.

“After being threatened and harassed before and during a liveshot, Diana reacted angrily on Twitter,” a CNN spokeswoman told the Huffington Post in a statement.

“She deeply regrets the language used, which was aimed directly at those who had been targeting our crew,” the spokeswoman said. “She certainly meant no offense to anyone beyond that group, and she and CNN apologize for any offense that may have been taken.”

Magnay has been reassigned to Moscow, the spokeswoman said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/18/cnn-pulls-reporter-from-gaza-coverage-after-she-tweets-about-scum-israelis-next-to-her/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:32:16 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Why should they pull her?

She's only expressing the views of the entire extremist left, and they're certainly not watching Fox!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.