Author Topic: Gallup: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, Ryan Lead GOP Pack for 2016  (Read 1028 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=583546

Newsmax
Gallup: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, Ryan Lead GOP Pack for 2016
Friday, July 18, 2014 11:54 AM

By: Melanie Batley

A new poll identifies four potential Republican presidential candidates for 2016 who stand out in the crowded field of viable contenders.

In a Gallup poll conducted July 7-10 of 1,013 adults, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, and Texas Gov. Rick Perry were the best known and best liked of 11 candidates tested.

More than 60 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents say they are familiar with each of these politicians, and they all have net favorable ratings of 40 percent or better.

Huckabee has slightly higher familiarity and net favorability rating than the other 10 potential Republican candidates tested, the survey said.

Among those both least known (under 55 percent) and least liked (under 30 percent) are Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz have slightly higher favorability ratings but hover below 60 percent in familiarity.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush both have familiarity ratings of over 65 percent but their net favorability ratings are below 30 percent, with Christie having the lowest favorability rating of all the possible candidates tested.

"Less than 70 percent of Republicans and Republican leaners nationwide are familiar with any of the 11 potential GOP candidates tested, even though several actively campaigned for the Republican nomination in 2012, one was the 2012 vice presidential nominee, and others have been visible in the news in recent months," Gallup said in a statement.

The organization also noted that none of the GOP candidates has the same level of name recognition as former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or Vice President Joe Biden.

"This suggests that many Republicans have not yet turned their attention to the next presidential race," Gallup said.

"Although the 2016 presidential election is more than two years away, active campaigning and preliminary debates will begin as early as the fall of 2015, meaning that next year is the real starting point for GOP candidates to intensify their quest to capture their party's nomination," the poll said.

"While Hillary Clinton is regarded as a strong front-runner for the Democratic nomination should she choose to run, there is no clear leader at this point on the Republican side — indicating that the race for the GOP nomination is essentially wide open."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Gallup: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, Ryan Lead GOP Pack for 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:04:09 pm »
Who are these Huckabee people? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:17:45 pm »
Who are these Huckabee people?
Fox viewers, church people, guitar enthusiasts, people that struggle with their weight, etc.

He's as smooth a performer as the GOP has, been doing it from the pulpit, the governors mansion, and over the TV waves all his life.

I'll wager he is better known, and better liked than the latest true-action-hero Cruz.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 06:18:33 pm »
Fox viewers, church people, guitar enthusiasts, people that struggle with their weight, etc.

He's as smooth a performer as the GOP has, been doing it from the pulpit, the governors mansion, and over the TV waves all his life.

I'll wager he is better known, and better liked than the latest true-action-hero Cruz.
He's also Todd Akin's biggest pal.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »

yep...he is a popular speaker and there is no doubt that people like him.  He is a nice guy.  He is also an infamous former Governor and has already proven that he does not have the political muscle to mount a successful National Presidential run.  I don't know why he is even included in a poll like this because to my best knowledge he has no intention of running again.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 06:41:57 pm »
yep...he is a popular speaker and there is no doubt that people like him.  He is a nice guy.  He is also an infamous former Governor and has already proven that he does not have the political muscle to mount a successful National Presidential run.  I don't know why he is even included in a poll like this because to my best knowledge he has no intention of running again.
None of them have announced. The Huck, like several professional political-entertainers, benefits from the possibility that they might, run again for political office.

Worked/works for Buchanan, Palin and others. It is a post-office career path. Gotta have a suitable skillset, and agenda.

I'm just about the last person to fall into the church people web, but I can tolerate the Huck, so I understand that people are comfortable with him.

What some just totally miss is this "comfortable" aspect. The firebrands energize their followers, but scare others off. In fact some of them scare off more, than they attract.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 06:55:29 pm »
Let's see: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, or Ryan?

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Hillary could win against any of the above without even campaigning.
With some effort, Liz Warren would beat any of the 4 mentioned here.

These are dark days. 24 years ago, Ronald Reagan surfaced to right the listing ship that was America. Today, America is more than listing, she's got her bow under the waves, and no Ronald Reagan in sight.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 07:16:33 pm »
Let's see: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, or Ryan?

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Hillary could win against any of the above without even campaigning.
With some effort, Liz Warren would beat any of the 4 mentioned here.

These are dark days. 24 years ago, Ronald Reagan surfaced to right the listing ship that was America. Today, America is more than listing, she's got her bow under the waves, and no Ronald Reagan in sight.
In 1980 Reagan got 50.8% of the votes. He ran against very weak Carter. John Anderson got 6.6% and could have ruined it for the GOP.

A unified GOP is an absolute necessity, along with the candidate that can achieve it.

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 07:24:04 pm »
In 1980 Reagan got 50.8% of the votes. He ran against very weak Carter. John Anderson got 6.6% and could have ruined it for the GOP.

A unified GOP is an absolute necessity, along with the candidate that can achieve it.

Really, so when will the establishment types stop attacking the tea party types.
You establishment types are like Obama wanting "compromise". Obama's version of compromise is capitulation. Unity to the GOPe is settling on establishment candidates.