Author Topic: Gallup: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, Ryan Lead GOP Pack for 2016  (Read 524 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Gallup: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, Ryan Lead GOP Pack for 2016
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
Who are these Huckabee people? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »
Who are these Huckabee people?
Fox viewers, church people, guitar enthusiasts, people that struggle with their weight, etc.

He's as smooth a performer as the GOP has, been doing it from the pulpit, the governors mansion, and over the TV waves all his life.

I'll wager he is better known, and better liked than the latest true-action-hero Cruz.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 02:18:33 PM »
Fox viewers, church people, guitar enthusiasts, people that struggle with their weight, etc.

He's as smooth a performer as the GOP has, been doing it from the pulpit, the governors mansion, and over the TV waves all his life.

I'll wager he is better known, and better liked than the latest true-action-hero Cruz.
He's also Todd Akin's biggest pal.
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »

yep...he is a popular speaker and there is no doubt that people like him.  He is a nice guy.  He is also an infamous former Governor and has already proven that he does not have the political muscle to mount a successful National Presidential run.  I don't know why he is even included in a poll like this because to my best knowledge he has no intention of running again.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 02:41:57 PM »
yep...he is a popular speaker and there is no doubt that people like him.  He is a nice guy.  He is also an infamous former Governor and has already proven that he does not have the political muscle to mount a successful National Presidential run.  I don't know why he is even included in a poll like this because to my best knowledge he has no intention of running again.
None of them have announced. The Huck, like several professional political-entertainers, benefits from the possibility that they might, run again for political office.

Worked/works for Buchanan, Palin and others. It is a post-office career path. Gotta have a suitable skillset, and agenda.

I'm just about the last person to fall into the church people web, but I can tolerate the Huck, so I understand that people are comfortable with him.

What some just totally miss is this "comfortable" aspect. The firebrands energize their followers, but scare others off. In fact some of them scare off more, than they attract.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 02:55:29 PM »
Let's see: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, or Ryan?

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Hillary could win against any of the above without even campaigning.
With some effort, Liz Warren would beat any of the 4 mentioned here.

These are dark days. 24 years ago, Ronald Reagan surfaced to right the listing ship that was America. Today, America is more than listing, she's got her bow under the waves, and no Ronald Reagan in sight.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 03:16:33 PM »
Let's see: Huckabee, Paul, Perry, or Ryan?

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Hillary could win against any of the above without even campaigning.
With some effort, Liz Warren would beat any of the 4 mentioned here.

These are dark days. 24 years ago, Ronald Reagan surfaced to right the listing ship that was America. Today, America is more than listing, she's got her bow under the waves, and no Ronald Reagan in sight.
In 1980 Reagan got 50.8% of the votes. He ran against very weak Carter. John Anderson got 6.6% and could have ruined it for the GOP.

A unified GOP is an absolute necessity, along with the candidate that can achieve it.

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »
In 1980 Reagan got 50.8% of the votes. He ran against very weak Carter. John Anderson got 6.6% and could have ruined it for the GOP.

A unified GOP is an absolute necessity, along with the candidate that can achieve it.

Really, so when will the establishment types stop attacking the tea party types.
You establishment types are like Obama wanting "compromise". Obama's version of compromise is capitulation. Unity to the GOPe is settling on establishment candidates.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf