Author Topic: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine  (Read 7534 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Report: Malaysia Airlines flight crashes in Ukraine
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 02:11:56 am »
Todd Starnes
25 mins ·
23 Americans may have been murdered -- blown out of the sky -- yet President Obama chose to crack jokes and eat a burger in Delaware and attend two fundraisers in New York City.
Folks -- wow. Just wow.

Was there a photo op??  :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 02:34:47 am »
ISIS already has that and more. They even have uranium. However, it is like give an ape a rifle. They have everything they need to cause destruction worldwide, but they are primitive barbarians, and lack the intelligence to be able to do anything with it.

It is so tempting to accept that.

Let me tell you a small tale. My wife got her doctorate in Verona. Good University, solid medical and engineering schools, though she were languages. The place were full of Palis - all doing tech subjects.

Don't assume that because their ideology is a bit on the primitive side that they are. You'll probably find, if you dig, that the vast majority of Hamas ae far better educated than your typical US citizen.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2014, 02:36:20 am »
I would put good money that whoever fired that missile is likely dead and the launcher is in a million little pieces by now.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2014, 02:50:35 am »
Todd Starnes
25 mins ·
23 Americans may have been murdered -- blown out of the sky -- yet President Obama chose to crack jokes and eat a burger in Delaware and attend two fundraisers in New York City.
Folks -- wow. Just wow.

Even all the Liberals are taking note of this. Even they are saying the same thing as you, Wow.

Everything fell flat for Obama today, all across America. His stupid 'jokes'. His cute little smart-ass 'zingers' against Republicans. His whole speech was a lead balloon. And the 'wow' part comes in that he was too STUPID to notice.

He thinks it is just another day, like any other day, and he can just go on with his robotic speeches and endless parties and fund raising.

This got the attention of everyone, even the most Lefty Leftists in America.

Bottom line is not only is the guy not 'brilliant or a 'messiah'', as he was sold, he is down right unintelligent. He is stupid and goofy. Even the Left is starting to realize this now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2014, 03:05:04 am »
It is so tempting to accept that.

Let me tell you a small tale. My wife got her doctorate in Verona. Good University, solid medical and engineering schools, though she were languages. The place were full of Palis - all doing tech subjects.

Don't assume that because their ideology is a bit on the primitive side that they are. You'll probably find, if you dig, that the vast majority of Hamas ae far better educated than your typical US citizen.

I know. I know what you are saying. However, while true, there are some caveats to what you are saying. The battlefield is the classroom of a soldier. These upper class educated Muslims have never and will never see combat. Only the stupid Muslims can be convinced to 'die for Allah'. The educated Muslims are too smart for that crap. They may try to provide remote technical assistance to their 'brothers', but they will never get out in the dirt and risk their lives on the ground.

These educated Muslims are not intended to fight. Their job is primarily political, in terms or fund raising and propaganda.

Furthermore, no one in the Muslim world is in a mood to support ISIS at this point in time. Once they consolidate their power. their territory and their money, this may well change.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline evadR

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2014, 04:39:31 am »
Who benefits???

From shooting down a commercial flight--nobody.

From shooting down a plane they thought was military---insert your guess here________.

Sure they do.  The bankster-supported Ukraine 'govt' benefits if the world thinks the Russkies/separatists did it.

So, you believe the Ukraine govt shot down a commercial aircraft so that people would blame the Russkies/separatists?

C'mon man.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2014, 05:07:01 am »
I know. I know what you are saying. However, while true, there are some caveats to what you are saying. The battlefield is the classroom of a soldier. These upper class educated Muslims have never and will never see combat. Only the stupid Muslims can be convinced to 'die for Allah'. The educated Muslims are too smart for that crap. They may try to provide remote technical assistance to their 'brothers', but they will never get out in the dirt and risk their lives on the ground.

These educated Muslims are not intended to fight. Their job is primarily political, in terms or fund raising and propaganda.

Furthermore, no one in the Muslim world is in a mood to support ISIS at this point in time. Once they consolidate their power. their territory and their money, this may well change.

Figured you knew - you've been there. But it's always something worth reminding other readers of.

I can't see any real signs of ISIS support right now. The Saudis don't want them. The Iranians don't want them. The majority of the Syrians don't want them. Jordan has what you may politely call a "Hell no" response. The Kurds put bounties on them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »

So, you believe the Ukraine govt shot down a commercial aircraft so that people would blame the Russkies/separatists?

C'mon man.

I do believe that there are people who would divert an airliner over a war-zone where two aircraft have been shot down this week for political purposes, yes.

The Russians and the separatists had nothing to gain from shooting down a civilian airliner and had been shooting down military planes all week.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:17:03 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2014, 02:32:28 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696975/Putin-blames-Ukraine-loss-Flight-MH17-298-innocent-souls-DOESNT-deny-Russian-separatists-shot-missile-McCain-warns-Hell-pay.html?ito=social-facebook

Did MH17 pilot divert INTO the danger zone? Aviation expert claims captain made last-minute change of course over Ukraine because he 'felt uncomfortable' as it emerges plane was ordered to fly 2,000 feet lower than requested

Russian military expert claims pilot radioed his concerns about the route before diverting over rebel-held territory
Russian media explores theory that Ukrainian armed forces shot down Boeing 777 after mistaking it for Putin's jet
Malaysia Airlines filed flight plan requesting 35,000 feet through airspace but was told to fly at 33,000
Kremlin leader was flying back to Moscow from Brazilian World Cup at around same time passenger plane crashed
Russian aviation sources said the routes of the two planes 'crossed at the same point and on the same altitude'
Ukrainian official accuses Putin of smuggling missile launcher back into Russia to cover up Kremlin involvement
Malaysian transport minister said MH17 was flying on approved route and pilot given no last-minute instructions
Putin calls for a ceasefire by pro-Russian separatists and Ukrainian government forces to allow for negotiations

By SIMON TOMLINSON and MICHAEL SEAMARK and LOUISE ECCLES and WILL STEWART and TED THORNHILL
PUBLISHED: 02:07 EST, 18 July 2014 | UPDATED: 09:07 EST, 18 July 2014
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2014, 03:19:30 pm »
Samantha Power ‏@AmbassadorPower 2m

Need unfettered, independent investigation. Separatists must agree to immediate ceasefire—we must stop at nothing to bring perps to justice.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2014, 03:33:25 pm »
Samantha Power ‏@AmbassadorPower 2m

Need unfettered, independent investigation. Separatists must agree to immediate ceasefire—we must stop at nothing to bring perps to justice.

Right.  I'm sure they are all shaking in their shoes. 

This is an act of war, not a 7-Eleven robbery.  And just who the frack is this "we" she speaks of??

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2014, 03:36:16 pm »
This is an act of war, not a 7-Eleven robbery.

And war is what we may get.

Don't be surprised if the U.S. is being set up to take a fall...

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2014, 03:39:58 pm »
And war is what we may get.

Don't be surprised if the U.S. is being set up to take a fall...

With the gutless wonders we have in charge you are probably right.  The Administration is going into "Blame Putin" mode and are only concerned about how all of this makes Obama look, not what is best for the US.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2014, 03:47:04 pm »
I am having a hard time understanding why no one can confirm the initial report of 23 Americans on board, especially more than 24 hours later...

NATIONALITIES OF THE MH17 VICTIMS
Netherlands: 173

Malaysia: 44

Australia: 27

Indonesia: 12

UK: 9

Germany: 4

Belgium: 4

Philippines: 3

Canada: 1

New Zealand: 1

Unverified: 20

Heck, the last part of that Daily Mail article that Myst posted above is FILLED with bios and pictures of dozens upon dozens of the other victims, from all over the world.....  But not one iota about any possible American passengers.  I just can't figure out how that is possible, unless it is being deliberately suppressed.  Only reason as to "why" I can come up with is that by keeping the Americans (if there are indeed any) out of the "news" for a couple of days, lessens the "heat" in the kitchen.  Eventually it will come out, but in a couple of days this story will die down and be replaced by the next crisis/tragedy to emerge.  (Heck, it is almost like the Southern border invasion never happened at this point.)   :shrug:

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2014, 04:06:37 pm »
I am having a hard time understanding why no one can confirm the initial report of 23 Americans on board, especially more than 24 hours later...

I read somewhere that there were no U.S. passports used to board and they were looking for dual-citizenship possibilities now.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2014, 04:10:19 pm »
Terry Moran ‏@TerryMoran 1m

BREAKING: Shots fired by rebels at international team of investigators (OSCE) in Ukraine as they approach plane wreckage,
Support the USO

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2014, 04:13:48 pm »
I read somewhere that there were no U.S. passports used to board and they were looking for dual-citizenship possibilities now.

OK, makes more sense.  I guess that Reuters report of 23 Americans should have been taken with a larger grain of salt...  thanks.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2014, 04:16:36 pm »
OK, makes more sense.  I guess that Reuters report of 23 Americans should have been taken with a larger grain of salt...  thanks.

One U.S. citizen confirmed killed on doomed Flight MH17 and State Department is checking for more American victims

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2014, 08:22:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/212693-pentagon-strains-credulity-to-believe-rebels-acted-without-russian-help

Pentagon: ‘Strains credulity’ to believe rebels acted without Russian help

By Kristina Wong - 07/18/14 02:28 PM EDT

Pentagon officials on Friday said it “strains credulity” to believe that rebel forces in Ukraine could fire a surface-to-air missile and down a passenger jet without Russian help.

It “strains credulity that it [the missile system] could be used by separatists ... without some measure of Russian support and assistance," said Pentagon press secretary Rear Adm. John Kirby.

The Obama administration on Friday pointed the finger at Russia for the crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, which officials believe was downed by a surface-to-air missile fired from territory controlled by pro-Russian militants in Ukraine. The jetliner crashed on Thursday, killing all of the nearly 300 onboard.

President Obama earlier Friday stopped short of directly charging that Russian separatists fired the missile, but his comments suggested U.S. intelligence is nearing that conclusion.

Kirby said the Pentagon had “very strong evidence” that a surface-to-air missile from an SA-11 Russian-built system was fired from separatist-controlled territory.

Pro-Russian militias in Ukraine have been fighting Kiev for greater autonomy following Moscow’s annexation by force of the Crimean region. Those forces are believed to have received significant military support from Russia, including tanks, armored personnel carriers, trucks and other "major equipment."

"There is no hint that Russian support for the separatists has ceased," said Kirby. "We believe that there is Russian support for the separatists inside Ukraine."

Kirby said the U.S. does not have evidence of a particular SA-11 system crossing the border from Russia but said such weapons transfers could easily have been hidden. 

"We're not ruling anything in or out at this point," he said.

Gen. Philip Breedlove, NATO Supreme Allied Commander - Europe told Pentagon reporters several weeks ago that some of the separatists have received training from Russians on vehicle-borne anti-aircraft systems.

Kirby said he did not have any "great visibility" into who exactly downed two Ukrainian military planes earlier in the week.

"It's doing nothing to de-escalate the crisis in Ukraine," he continued.

Kirby also repeated U.S. calls for an immediate cease-fire between the separatists and Ukrainian forces to allow international investigators to safely access the crash site.

Kirby said the Pentagon doesn't know who has the plane's black box at this time, crucial evidence for investigators to determine what happened to the jet.

The Pentagon also said there was no sign that Russia was pulling back military forces amid the new crisis. Up to 12,000 Russian forces are still positioned by Ukraine's southeastern border and continue to grow "week by week," he said.

"They're very ready. It's a very capable force," he added.

The U.S. is continuing to provide nonlethal support to Ukrainian forces, including packaged meals, radios, body armor, first aid kits, sleeping mats, night vision goggles, Kevlar helmets and explosive detection devices.
Support the USO