Author Topic: Senate Republicans paid for Mississippi attack ads painting tea partyers as racist: report  (Read 799 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/16/senate-republicans-paid-mississippi-attack-ads-pai/

By Jessica Chasmar

-

The Washington Times

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Mississippi attack ads that painted conservative Republicans and tea partyers as racists were funded by Senate Republicans, RedState Editor-in-Chief Erick Erickson has confirmed.

Advertisements by All Citizens for Mississippi, which attacked state Sen. Chris McDaniel and painted conservatives as racists, were partly funded by Sens. Mitch McConnell, John Cornyn, Rob Portman, Bob Corker and Roy Blunt, RedState senate-republican-leaders-paid-for-attacks-against-conservatives/” target=”_blank”>reported.

According to documents filed with the Federal Election Commission, All Citizens for Mississippi received funding from a Haley Barbour-backed group called Mississippi Conservatives.

“Mississippi Conservatives, in turn, was funded in part by Sally Bradshaw of the RNC’s Growth and Opportunity Project, former RNC Chairman and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, the United States Chamber of Commerce, and the political action committees created for Senators Mitch McConnell ($50,000), John Cornyn ($50,000), Rob Portman ($25,000), Bob Corker ($25,000), and Roy Blunt ($5,000),” the report said.

Mr. McDaniel, who was narrowly defeated by Republican Sen. Thad Cochran after being forced into a runoff, has called on the Mississippi Supreme Court for an emergency order granting him access to original poll books.

He hopes to prove that some people who voted in the June 24 runoff election that killed his Senate chances also cast ballots in the June 3 Democratic primary, CBS News senate-runoff-saga/” target=”_blank”>reported Wednesday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope Mr. McDaniel "tears them a new one"! But that's just me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I hope Mr. McDaniel "tears them a new one"! But that's just me!

I'm right there with you Bigun!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

Can someone please tell me where retired Senator Jim DeMint is?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Can someone please tell me where retired Senator Jim DeMint is?
Making big bucks, salary, commissions for fundraising, placing ads, to replace Republicans with Republicans.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

Why should I believe anything that either comes from Red State or the Washington Times....
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote above:
[[ I hope Mr. McDaniel "tears them a new one"! But that's just me! ]]

You're not the only one.

I wish Mr. McDaniel the best in trying to overturn the results of that corrupt election.

I posted this before, I'll state it again:
Time and time and time again, I've seen posts here bemoaning democratic voter fraud, which we know to be real. And of course, it's right to fight against it.

So.... here's a case that looks to be -Republican- vote fraud.
Why should we not fight against THAT, as well?

Offline katzenjammer

Bigun wrote above:
[[ I hope Mr. McDaniel "tears them a new one"! But that's just me! ]]

You're not the only one.

I wish Mr. McDaniel the best in trying to overturn the results of that corrupt election.

I posted this before, I'll state it again:
Time and time and time again, I've seen posts here bemoaning democratic voter fraud, which we know to be real. And of course, it's right to fight against it.

So.... here's a case that looks to be -Republican- vote fraud.
Why should we not fight against THAT, as well?

Absolutely it should be fought (and it is, have no doubt about that!).  This incident isn't limited to Barbour's cesspool in MS, it extends all the way back to DC, BTW.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

At what point does McDaniel have to put up or shut up?  A week, a month?  Because that is when I will give a damn.